KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney Rules Overview

Tourney Rules Overview
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Tourney Rules Overview

Tournament Announcements.
Read All of These.

1. I know you’re all taking this seriously, but let’s have fun. Be respectful in the matches, and don’t whine if things don’t go your way.

2. Each participant will have a maximum of 9 posts per match that pertain to the battle (18 per team). Posts of “good luck guys” or “nice match” don’t count as part of your 9…only posts that include strategy.

2-B. However, you can PM 1 write-up of your entire team's strategy to me prior to your match. This will not be counted toward your 9 posts, and will be posted when the match is opened.

3. Still, try to keep idle chatter to a minimum in battles.

4. As you should all be aware of, you each can only debate for 2 of your team’s members. Thus, to have all three in the battle, both teammates must contribute to the battle. Anything you say that argues for the person you’re not allowed to argue for will be edited out by me without warning. I can’t always read everything, so please help me in identifying things I might need to edit. However, mentioning the character is fine…as long as you’re not actively debating for them.

5. The tie-breaker popular vote will be done via a poll. This is to keep random forum members from spamming the threads a bunch. They can ask questions pertaining to the match, but please help me in keeping unnecessary posts out of battles and in the tourney discussion thread.

6. Anyone can vote in the poll. However, judges for that match will be asked to refrain from voting. But you can vote for yourselves, so I’d suggest it. lol

7. You can switch characters for other ones if you want at this time. However, Wednesday is the final day to make a switch. Starting Thursday (US Eastern), your team is set in stone.

8. I’ll announce 1st round match-ups after teams have been set on Thurs.

9. Matches will begin on Sunday July 1 and will last a week, though only half of you will be fighting in week 1. I realize a week will be a while to wait, but I want to have everything solidified before battles.

10. If a match ends in a stalemate, the team with the most remaining character is the winner.

11. BFR (Battlefield Removal) is acceptable if it is by normal means, and doesn’t include teleportation to remove your opponents or dimension-traveling, or similarly banned things. Normal teleportation is fine though.

12. Telepathy is acceptable to defeat opponents, but cannot be used to “take over” an opponent and have him fight for your team.

13. If you’re reading this, make sure your partner knows ALL of this as well.

*Notes on Characters
- Classic Juggernaut
- We’ve been over Shaman a lot. A few powers have been banned. If you have additional problems with him that have not been dealt with, PM me. The same goes for any magic user, or other character.
- Same rules as drafts for switching characters. You must provide a valid bio, and state who it is for.
- we need to get Khell a definite partner
- AJ’s team needs to determine who is using which character. And is Sam Z even around?

Teams:

1. Newjak/Blair Wind
G.L. Kyle Rayner (BW)
Shaman (Team)
Juggernaut (Newjak)

2. Leo/Kahn
Silver Surfer (Team)
G.L. Hal Jordan (Kahn)
Loki, dammit! (Leo)

3. Batdude/DC
Magneto (Team)
Captain Atom (Batdude)
Morg (DC)

4. AW/Accel
Quasar (AW)
Ronan the Accuser (Accel)
King Hyperion (Team)

5. GF/Psyquis
Cyborg Superman (GF)
Thor (Team)
Ray II (Psyquis)

6. DL/Superherovandal
Gladiator (Team)
Martian Manhunter (SHV)
Orion (DL)

7. Khell/KVD
Black Bolt (Team)
Beta Ray Bill (Khell)
Witchfire (KVD)

8. AJ/Sam Z
Majestic (??)
Black Adam (??)
Supreme (??)

Last edited by Digi on Jun 26th, 2006 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Tourney Rules Overview

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
5. The tie-breaker popular vote will be done via a poll. This is to keep random forum members from spamming the threads a bunch. They can ask questions pertaining to the match, but please help me in keeping unnecessary posts out of battles and in the tourney discussion thread.

A poll is a bad idea... they're far too easy to manipulate which is why they haven't been used in tourneys for a while now

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:18 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I think you should assign permanent judges. Or those participating or those who helped set the tourney up should be the only one's allowed to vote.

Popularity can play a factor in the votes. As well as infamy.

EX; "Oh, I don't like that guy, I'm gonna vote for the other team."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:35 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I have a partner, and his name is King Mungi. He'll be using Witchfire.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:45 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

no expression

I agree with Scoobs. I liked the way voting was done last time erm

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:23 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

We can use two characters to debate ?

As in I can use my character and my everyman character but not Psy's ?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:34 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Khellendros
I have a partner, and his name is King Mungi. He'll be using Witchfire.

Word? good sh*t.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:48 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by illadelph12
Word? good sh*t.

Man, you should see the reaction in the tourney info thread. I go from no partner to having one that has people going "OMGWTF!1". Hilarity.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:33 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Tourney Rules Overview

Originally posted by DigiMark007
2. Each participant will have a maximum of 9 posts per match that pertain to the battle (18 per team). Posts of “good luck guys” or “nice match” don’t count as part of your 9…only posts that include strategy.

I still think the matches should start by each team PMing in their opening prep/moves and those posts being included in the thread starter post

Otherwise the second team to post will have a big advantage as they get the first chance to dismiss everything the first team says.... it's always easier to pick apart other people's plans than it is to make your own original plan

Up to you whether we call those posts part of the 9 post limit or just an opener

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:46 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i was wondering about how the openings would be handled as well.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 01:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

When do we get to know our oponents ?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 02:47 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Soon, after the teams are completely finalised

Here's a thought.... how about the team that wins ditches their shared character and dukes it out with the two solo-controlled characters for the position of Tourney champ?.... like in the end of that old "Double Dragon" computer game

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 02:49 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scoobless
Soon, after the teams are completely finalised

Here's a thought.... how about the team that wins ditches their shared character and dukes it out with the two solo-controlled characters for the position of Tourney champ?.... like in the end of that old "Double Dragon" computer game

Huh ? So after thursday...godammit !!!

I have Double Dragon II for my Game-boy , pretty good game. I still prefer Super Mario land 3 though....

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 02:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I'm talking about the game i played around 15 years ago on my Commodore Amiga

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:01 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'm talking about the game i played around 15 years ago on my Commodore Amiga

embarrasment

laughing

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:08 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

On the poll: It's mainly to ensure less spam. Keep in mind, it's only 1/5 of the total vote. The judges (who will post in the thread) are the main portion of the vote. If there's still dissent, we can change it, but I kind of like this format. People can campaign for popular votes regardless of the voting format....this way, it'll just take up less thread space.

On the judging: Permanent judges would be too hard to pull off. But I have a list of potential judges, and there's about 8 of us willing to do it, so we'll be rotating each week. I'm trying to keep bias out of the judging; Thus, no one from Magiks will be judging for other Magiks, same with the Corps and other groups, as well as people who might be biased toward or against a certain team (for example: had Mungi judged, I was going to keep him out of AF matches).

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Re: Re: Tourney Rules Overview

I still think the matches should start by each team PMing in their opening prep/moves and those posts being included in the thread starter post

Otherwise the second team to post will have a big advantage as they get the first chance to dismiss everything the first team says.... it's always easier to pick apart other people's plans than it is to make your own original plan

Up to you whether we call those posts part of the 9 post limit or just an opener
I like this idea and I don't think it should be part of the nine post limit

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: Re: Re: Tourney Rules Overview

Originally posted by newjak86
I like this idea and I don't think it should be part of the nine post limit

I don't, simply because it's hard for the battle-starter (usually me) because a lot of people don't get theirs in and I'm left PM'ing people and stuff.

Deciding when/how to post is part of the strategy. For example, I always liked being the first with a giant write-up, even if my opponent could pick me apart before I could do the same.

And 9 posts each (18 total for a team) will give both people a LOT of chances to take apart their opponents strategies. There won't be the effect where one team feels like they weren't able to kae all their points.

I'm flexible with the poll thing. But this I'd rather not change. Extra elements of strategy are never a bad thing, and I highly doubt it will be as much of an issue as you guys think.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:01 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I disagree

By entering the write ups at the start you get a clearer picture of who sees the match the most realistically

The second team to post may not have even realised certain tactics were available until they read them in the other teams first post

This way both teams get a chance to impress before the other team can respond

How about it being optional?

If a team doesn't PM their opener in then they don't get one.

If they do PM one in it goes in the thread starter but doesn't count towards their 18 posts.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

optional sounds pretty good to me. the team that didn't do it would be at a disadvantage, imo, but it's a disadvantage of their own making.

so tough nookies!! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote