KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Emma Frost vs Psylocke

Emma Frost vs Psylocke
Started by: FireIncarnate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FireIncarnate

Emma Frost vs Psylocke

Emma Frost vs Psylocke (current powers, so that's the enhanced TK and her ability to withstand psychic attacks due to her "re-knit" of her body).

What a catfight.

**FI**

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 05:44 AM
FireIncarnate is currently offline Click here to Send FireIncarnate a Private Message Find more posts by FireIncarnate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

PSYLOCKE FTW!!!!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 05:57 AM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
What If...

This has been done 334508085 times.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 06:04 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Yes it has and Psylocke has taken it all the time. Due to her ability to withstand psychic attacks.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 12:53 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bitca360
Mutate #20

So Emma really only has a slim chance of winning? Psylocke is that skilled & powerful? May sound odd, but I sorta figured that in the absence of Xavier and Jean, Emma was the next top telepath of the X-Men.

I only ask because I'm currently RPing Emma Frost & we're about to have our first big team battle, and I'm pitted against Psylocke, LoL. But most other forums have the same outcome of "Psylocke is completely immune/Emma has no chance/etc"

Is it really that one-sided? I know people like Rachel has more raw power than Emma, but her "psionic skills & refinement" have no use against Psylocke?

And what would happen if Betsy used her psi-blade on Emma in diamond form? Would she still be affected, even though most bio's say she can't use own or be affected by telepathy while in diamond form?

(I know RP doesn't have to be strictly from comics, but I'd like to stay true to the character's abilities...and here I thought Emma would win more than not)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 06:54 AM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bitca360
So Emma really only has a slim chance of winning? Psylocke is that skilled & powerful? May sound odd, but I sorta figured that in the absence of Xavier and Jean, Emma was the next top telepath of the X-Men.

I only ask because I'm currently RPing Emma Frost & we're about to have our first big team battle, and I'm pitted against Psylocke, LoL. But most other forums have the same outcome of "Psylocke is completely immune/Emma has no chance/etc"

Is it really that one-sided? I know people like Rachel has more raw power than Emma, but her "psionic skills & refinement" have no use against Psylocke?

And what would happen if Betsy used her psi-blade on Emma in diamond form? Would she still be affected, even though most bio's say she can't use own or be affected by telepathy while in diamond form?

(I know RP doesn't have to be strictly from comics, but I'd like to stay true to the character's abilities...and here I thought Emma would win more than not)

Emma is good, awfully good. I'm a co-author of Emma RT on that forum, but I'd say her chances are slim.
The best outcome is stalemate\Psylocke win via BFR.

Thing is, Psylocke has TOTAL immunity to TP- unpasseable even with Emma's skill (second to none in Marvel as for now, I think). Also diamond form is the only chance of Emma to survive TK assault and here the only possibility for Psylocke to win is BFR.
Emma has improved her H2H skills a bit, but she's more of a brawler than true MA. And given the level of Psylocke's TK, I doubt it even goes to H2H.

There ARE SOME obscure ways for Emma to put hurt on Psylocke, aka "electryfying" her with psionic lightning etc. but to do that our blonde beauty has to leave herself defenceless against Psylocke's TK. In terms of pure reaction speed Betsy seems faster than Emma given everything.

TP on TP- given TP version of Psylocke- Emma would stomp. In terms of skill she's now the best telepath on Marvel Earth, rivalring Exodus and Xavier who are >Emma in raw power, not to mention "psi-bricks" like Rachel.
TP on TK+psi-immunity=no chance for Emma.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Jul 25th, 2008 at 07:14 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 07:10 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Psylocke.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 07:18 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Locke wins..

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 07:23 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bitca360
Mutate #20

Ok, bummer, but thanks!

Funny thing is I was just reading the Emma respect thread, and was hoping you in particular Charlotte DeBel would post here sooner or later

Now that thats answered, I suppose it depends on some clever RPing on my behalf, or to hoping that the Psylocke Role-player isn't too knowledgeable Lol

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 07:24 AM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

betsy

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 07:42 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Ok, bummer, but thanks!

Funny thing is I was just reading the Emma respect thread, and was hoping you in particular Charlotte DeBel would post here sooner or later

Now that thats answered, I suppose it depends on some clever RPing on my behalf, or to hoping that the Psylocke Role-player isn't too knowledgeable Lol

My advice- use obscure powers (psionic "lightning" for example would definetely put hurt on Psylocke, at the most powerful the blast of it has ruined a warehouse (that was in the fight of Emma and Phoenix Jean, though Emma was exhausted and on the verge of madness after that).

That's not common knowledge, as the last time Emma displayed that pseudo-TK was in Phoenix:Endsong (throwing away Kitty). But on average it's potent enough to mess the nervous system of psionically imprevious people (M from Generation X, for example), throw people around or (at its most powerful) destroy buildings.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 09:06 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Oh man. Psylocke wins this so easily.

I like Emma and know what's she capable of, but there's really nothing she could do to Psylocke here.

TK-crushing/Psy-blade through Emma's head/FAR Superior hand-to-hand abilities-->FTW.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:01 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh man. Psylocke wins this so easily.

I like Emma and know what's she capable of, but there's really nothing she could do to Psylocke here.

TK-crushing/Psy-blade through Emma's head/FAR Superior hand-to-hand abilities-->FTW.

She can't crush her with TK unless Emma is in human form (which she has to if she wants to hurt Betsy somehow). In diamond form Emma is undestructable unless Psylocke puts her apart on molecular level. If Emma goes diamond, then it's stalemate\BFR victory for Psylocke.

Psy-blade and hand-to-hand are non-factors if Emma turns diamond. Emma's diamond form disperses psionic energy (prime reason why she can't use psi-powers while diamond), so psi-blade most likely does nothing. And if Betsy isn't retarded with her powers, she'll never let Emma close for hand to hand.

It's either Betsy 9\10 (one victory to obscure ways I've listed before) or stalemate\BFR victory again in Betsy's favour.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:42 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
She can't crush her with TK unless Emma is in human form (which she has to if she wants to hurt Betsy somehow). In diamond form Emma is undestructable unless Psylocke puts her apart on molecular level. If Emma goes diamond, then it's stalemate\BFR victory for Psylocke.

Psy-blade and hand-to-hand are non-factors if Emma turns diamond. Emma's diamond form disperses psionic energy (prime reason why she can't use psi-powers while diamond), so psi-blade most likely does nothing. And if Betsy isn't retarded with her powers, she'll never let Emma close for hand to hand.

It's either Betsy 9\10 (one victory to obscure ways I've listed before) or stalemate\BFR victory again in Betsy's favour.

Where/When was it stated that Emma's diamond form is indestructible? Because that's very new to me, someone who does a pretty decent job of staying up-to-date on the X-Men.

Using her psy-katana/psy-blade to its highest level/output, she can cut through almost any matter. I'm inclined to believe that this includes Emma's organic diamond. I get what you're saying about the dispersing of psychic power while in diamond, but at the same time, it's more of a manifestation of psychic energy than it is a telepathic assault. I mean, telekinesis would still work on Emma's diamond form, and that's a psi-power. So it obviously doesn't completely cancel out psi-powers.

Betsy's TK is powerful enough to shatter mountains. I realize that Emma's diamond form is hella durable, but do you really believe that with that kind of TK power that Betsy couldn't damage Emma? I think she can.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:23 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Psylocke's blades don't cut organics iirc...

But Emma, while really durable... isn't indestructible.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:24 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Where/When was it stated that Emma's diamond form is indestructible? Because that's very new to me, someone who does a pretty decent job of staying up-to-date on the X-Men.

Using her psy-katana/psy-blade to its highest level/output, she can cut through almost any matter. I'm inclined to believe that this includes Emma's organic diamond. I get what you're saying about the dispersing of psychic power while in diamond, but at the same time, it's more of a manifestation of psychic energy than it is a telepathic assault. I mean, telekinesis would still work on Emma's diamond form, and that's a psi-power. So it obviously doesn't completely cancel out psi-powers.

Betsy's TK is powerful enough to shatter mountains. I realize that Emma's diamond form is hella durable, but do you really believe that with that kind of TK power that Betsy couldn't damage Emma? I think she can.

If she can operate on molecular level, then why not? Emma's body was put back together by molecular TK. Though if her flaw still exists, then it's different talks.
Psylocke's psi-blade is the same thing as Emma's psionic "lightning"- raw psi-energy used in blade\blast. that's why the stunning effect.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:27 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Psylocke's blades don't cut organics iirc...

But Emma, while really durable... isn't indestructible.

It doesn't. However, even if it can't cut the organic diamond, it does disrupt the central nervous system. Even in diamond form, it appears that there is some sort of CNS working there. I know that Emma doesn't feel pain when transformed, but pain wouldn't be a requirement for Betsy's psy-blade to work.

Also, I realized that I went back and forth between "psi" and "psy" way too many times. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:32 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

It doesn't. However, even if it can't cut the organic diamond, it does disrupt the central nervous system. Even in diamond form, it appears that there is some sort of CNS working there. I know that Emma doesn't feel pain when transformed, but pain wouldn't be a requirement for Betsy's psy-blade to work.

Also, I realized that I went back and forth between "psi" and "psy" way too many times. stick out tongue

No pain, no emotions...her CNS is static, and raw psionic energy is dispersed.

I don't argue than Betsy wins, though, don't get me wrong.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:35 PM
bitca360
Mutate #20

So for those who care, good news for me I guess, the Psylocke role-player apparently has her with only a little telekinetic ability (Psylocke used what little telekinetic ability she had and mentally grabbed Emma's leg to bring her to the ground.) She also had to consciously put up a shield for a mental attack from me too so maybe they don't know she's completely invulnerable

Either they’re using a modified version of her or dumbing down the RP for me or themselves, LoL

And just so I'm clear, diamond Emma is immune to a psi-blade in the head..or everywhere, but the head maybe?

Last edited by bitca360 on Jul 29th, 2008 at 05:54 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:51 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

So for those who care, good news for me I guess, the Psylocke role-player apparently has her with only a little telekinetic ability (Psylocke used what little telekinetic ability she had and mentally grabbed Emma's leg to bring her to the ground.) She also had to consciously put up a shield for a mental attack from me too so maybe they don't know she's completely invulnerable

Either they’re using a modified version of her or dumbing down the RP for me or themselves, LoL

And just so I'm clear, diamond Emma is immune to a psi-blade in the head..or everywhere, but the head maybe?

They're probably using classic (don't know which?)version (the one that has troubles picking up coins from the grass with her TK)- in that case, have at it, darling. That particular version loses 8\10 against Emma.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 12:25 PM