KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » dc atlantean vs marvel atlantean

dc atlantean vs marvel atlantean
Started by: blade31092

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blade31092

dc atlantean vs marvel atlantean

who will win in a fight between dc atlantean and marvel atlantean without weapons?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:09 AM
blade31092 is currently offline Click here to Send blade31092 a Private Message Find more posts by blade31092 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

DC. They're more specialized in magic. Also they simply have more of them.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:12 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Are you talking atlanteans in general? or their princes. No matter what anyone says. I'd say 50/50 in either case. Its my opinion they are very similar. Warriors born. 100 ton strength levels. very fast. (assuming of course aquaman isn't allowed to use telepathy) its a very even fight.
otherwise the edge probably goes to aquaman 6/10.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:13 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blade31092

Im talking about atlantean in general

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:15 AM
blade31092 is currently offline Click here to Send blade31092 a Private Message Find more posts by blade31092 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Oh. Well. Marvel's side has the giant godzilla like monster, advanced technology, and the longer history of raiding the surface world, Prince can wield magical trident.

DC's side has advanced technology, magic, and a pretty long (not as long as marvel) history of raiding the surface world. Prince can wield magical trident.

Earlier I said a possible tie. But now thinking about it... godzillar like monster... vs magic is the only main difference...
so i'll go with godzilla like monsters!!!

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:21 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blade31092

Who the strongest between the two races?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:24 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
Oh. Well. Marvel's side has the giant godzilla like monster, advanced technology, and the longer history of raiding the surface world, Prince can wield magical trident.

So does DC. Except they can also summon monsters from other dimensions a la Final Fantasy. They can tap into an enormous resource of magic.

Longer history? DC Atlanteans never went to war with the surface world. They didn't think it was worth it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
DC's side has advanced technology, magic, and a pretty long (not as long as marvel) history of raiding the surface world. Prince can wield magical trident.

Earlier I said a possible tie. But now thinking about it... godzillar like monster... vs magic is the only main difference...
so i'll go with godzilla like monsters!!!

Spectre attacked Atlantis last and for a reason. Atlantis was a nation of uber-magicians that could wipe out cities with a thought.

Arthur's Trident is far more powerful. It can open dimensional barriers and can warp time and space.

He can just banish the monsters or better yet use the Clear to turn them against Namor's armys. Namor doesn't have any control over sealife like the DC Atlanteans do.

Plus they have Tempest who can control water very much like Iceman can...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:24 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

DC wins. In one of the cities every woman is an adept sorcerer. Another has a immense amount of high tech weaponry, and pretty much all of them are trained warriors who can give Aquaman a fight. That's not even including the two main cities of Atlantis, Poseidonis and Tritonis, which have both have very formidable armies.

Of course, if we're talking about current versions, Marvel Atlantis. Spectre already did the job for them.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:26 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Did Spectre anihilate them?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:29 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

There are some still alive. But it's like after Rome fell. It's the Dark Age of the Atlantean kingdom

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:30 AM
Board Walker

Did...the prince survive? Did aquaman survive!? Did his magic hand SURVIVE?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:40 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

The old Aquaman is gone, its a new aquaman now... no magic hand, no beard. I think. I haven't had a chance to pick up any of them yet.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:47 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Aquaman is still alive. He's just mutated with an octupus beard and he forgot who he was.

The New Aquaman is basically Tidus...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:48 AM
Board Walker

Aquaman nooooooo!!!!! he had the magic hand....T_T

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:49 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

He still has the hand.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:54 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

They shoulda made him Cloud!

Does the new Aquaman play blitzball too?!

(I hated that game)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 03:55 AM