KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ms. Marvel vs. Wolverine & Spider-Man

Ms. Marvel vs. Wolverine & Spider-Man
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Ms. Marvel vs. Wolverine & Spider-Man

No prep. No PIS/CIS. Bloodlust on.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:39 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

I'd give this to Wolverine and Spider-man, Wolverine has the means to seriosly damage Ms. marvel, and Spider-man has the means to temp inncapacitate her due to his webbing, between the 2 of them they can take her out 7/10.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:44 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Let's see. Ms Marvel can fly plus she's around class 50 wheras Spider Man is no more than class 10, ditto for Wolverine. This is almost a spite thread..Ms Marvel 10/10

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:47 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Let's see. Ms Marvel can fly plus she's around class 50 wheras Spider Man is no more than class 10, ditto for Wolverine. This is almost a spite thread..Ms Marvel 10/10

What the f**k?

Spider-Man is Class 20+. He hasn't been a Class 10 since the 60s, man.

This match could actually be EXTREMELY CLOSE. I give it to the duo 6/10.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 10:13 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Metalmanx
What the f**k?

Spider-Man is Class 20+. He hasn't been a Class 10 since the 60s, man.

This match could actually be EXTREMELY CLOSE. I give it to the duo 6/10.

thumb up

Spidey's got a way to take down those with far superior strength anyway. Add in Wolverine and I think you've got a winner.

I'll give it to the duo 6-7/10.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 10:59 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Ok guys, how are they going to counter Ms Marvels ability to fly?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:07 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Carol wins this 9/10 wink

She is way too powerful

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:13 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Ok guys, how are they going to counter Ms Marvels ability to fly?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ahh...of course.
The old 'they can fly so therefore they're UNSTOPPABLE!!!!' argument.

Spidey's capable of tagging her with his webbing long enough to catch up for a punch or two. Wolverine's also fast enough/agile enough to reach her in such a situation.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:19 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Against a couple of grounded street-levelers, fliers very well can be unstoppable, especially a flier who can keep her distance in the air while firing blasts at her opponents.

If Spidey tries to web her, she can simply take out the webbing with a blast or take it and fly him into the air where he's more vulnerable. She can also blast Logan's arse from a safe distance until his healing factor taxes out.

Carol should take this just about every time.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:37 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Accel
Against a couple of grounded street-levelers, fliers very well can be unstoppable, especially a flier who can keep her distance in the air while firing blasts at her opponents.

If Spidey tries to web her, she can simply take out the webbing with a blast or take it and fly him into the air where he's more vulnerable. She can also blast Logan's arse from a safe distance until his healing factor taxes out.

Carol should take this just about every time.

I agree Carol takes it, but I wouldnt say it was due to her flight.
And Spidey is by no means grounded.

Also, I don't think the blasts are powerful or fast enough to put either contestant down for the count, and they'd probably only hit Wolverine.

That being said...
Carol 7/10

Oh, and this should have been Spidey and Gambit vs. Ms. Marvel shifty

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:53 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy-Chan

Er, has she just absorbed a big energy source? Because otherwise, I think Spidey has decent one-on-one odds against her. She's basically a class 40-ish flying brick with blasts. Looking at how he's fared against Namor and The Human Torch, I think Spidey'd get at least 50/50 against her. Unless the newest incarnation's much stronger than past versions, but I don't see any indication of that.

She'd beat Wolverine about 7/10 one-on-one due to her distance attacks. She'd have trouble keeping him down with his healing factor, but he'd have a very hard time tagging her.

Together, they take this handidly, unless she morphs into Binary mid-fight.

Last edited by Jimmy-Chan on Oct 17th, 2006 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:18 AM
Jimmy-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy-Chan

Perhaps in theory. In practice, Spidey's countered The Human Torch very well when he's attempted this tactic. Spidey's beaten Torch a few times and had a bunch of stalemates against him.

If Spidey tries to web her, she can simply take out the webbing with a blast

Which may or may not work, depending how strong the webbing is. Some depictions of the webbing, especially when he throws a lot on, would take her a long time to break.

or take it and fly him into the air where he's more vulnerable.

To fly him into the air, she has to grab ahold of him and keep ahold of him. This is a guy who can easily escape Iron Man's grasp. Besides, he fights in the air all the time. Most of his fights with The Human Torch are aeriel battles.

She can also blast Logan's arse from a safe distance until his healing factor taxes out.

True enough. Though Spidey and Wolvie could just do a Fastball Special.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:23 AM
Jimmy-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Ms. Marvel should beat them

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:34 AM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Jimmy-Chan
Perhaps in theory. In practice, Spidey's countered The Human Torch very well when he's attempted this tactic. Spidey's beaten Torch a few times and had a bunch of stalemates against him.

Many people have gotten the drop on Torch. He rarely ever uses the “fly into the air and go nova” trick on another superhero in New York.

Which may or may not work, depending how strong the webbing is. Some depictions of the webbing, especially when he throws a lot on, would take her a long time to break.

It’s generally depicted being as strong as steel rope. A concussion blast should break it just fine.

To fly him into the air, she has to grab ahold of him and keep ahold of him. This is a guy who can easily escape Iron Man's grasp. Besides, he fights in the air all the time. Most of his fights with The Human Torch are aeriel battles.

I’m basically referring to taking the web line, flying him into the air, and swinging him down hard into the ground.

True enough. Though Spidey and Wolvie could just do a Fastball Special.

They could, but whoever gets thrown would just get blasted right back into the ground.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:40 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Many people have gotten the drop on Torch. He rarely ever uses the “fly into the air and go nova” trick on another superhero in New York.

So, you're saying his flying skills are crap because he doesn't go nova? And yes, torch does do alot of aerial combat. Don't disscredit another hero because it doesn't help your argument.

It’s generally depicted being as strong as steel rope. A concussion blast should break it just fine.

My point was not that she would be taken out by webbing, but that it could help stall or slow her down, long enough for one of the duo to reach her.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:29 AM
lando005

spidy has more than his fair share of arial battles under his belt from chance to the vulture the list goes on and on flying isnt that big of a deal for him more than likely he'll try to bring her down to the ground so that wolverine could finish her or like stated before throw wolverine for the fast ball special

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:34 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

mrs. marvel couldn't even beat sabretooth alone... not to mention the fact that wolverine's already put her down, and spiderman gave her a real hard time in hand to hand already.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:36 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
So, you're saying his flying skills are crap because he doesn't go nova? And yes, torch does do alot of aerial combat. Don't disscredit another hero because it doesn't help your argument.

No, I'ms aying he doesn't always go all out. He makes mistakes on occasion. The guy has shown he can keep up with a guy flying at Mach 3, as well as great aerial skills, but for SOME reason he can't seem to avoid a guy lunging at him.

It's kind of irrelevant any way, since Ms. Marvel is much more durable than Torch.
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
My point was not that she would be taken out by webbing, but that it could help stall or slow her down, long enough for one of the duo to reach her.

And my point was that she could destroy it before it touched her.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:39 AM
lando005

i can just about see how it can turn out sipdy manuvers her so that she's flying straight towards him he waits for the right moment and then bam the ol webbing to the eyes routine then while she's still going and blinded another webline to the face or chest and spidy swings her to an awaiting wolverine

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:39 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by jinzin
mrs. marvel couldn't even beat sabretooth alone... not to mention the fact that wolverine's already put her down, and spiderman gave her a real hard time in hand to hand already.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't she drunk when Wolverine took her out? I don't recall seeing any blood from bone-claw cuts.

Not to mention it happened when Logan took out the likes of Vision, Justice, Firestar, and others.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:41 AM