KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Goblin vs Captain America

Green Goblin vs Captain America
Started by: PRAYERRUN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRAYERRUN

Green Goblin vs Captain America

Green Goblin vs Captain America. who wins?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:07 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Which Goblin?

Doesn't matter that much mind, just need to give an accurate rating depending on the Goblin.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:09 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Norman Osborne

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:17 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Norman Osborne

It's spelt "Osborn" stick out tongue

As for the fight, I give it to Osborn 9/10 as long as he stays on the Glider. and 6/10 if he is off, I think the Goblin may be to durable for cap to overly effect unlike Spidey and his strength could turn Cap into wonderpaste, but Cap has been known to take out very strong opponents aswell.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:22 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Sparkz
It's spelt "Osborn" stick out tongue

As for the fight, I give it to Osborn 9/10 as long as he stays on the Glider. and 6/10 if he is off, I think the Goblin may be to durable for cap to overly effect unlike Spidey and his strength could turn Cap into wonderpaste, but Cap has been known to take out very strong opponents aswell.

Well if GG's main advantage is strength, then GG loses. I guess his strength will be 10-15 tons, if so Cap can knock people like that flat out.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by Alfheim
Well if GG's main advantage is strength, then GG loses. I guess his strength will be 10-15 tons, if so Cap can knock people like that flat out.

No his main advantage is weapons and his glider, but the strength defenatly helps, and GG is class 10, but I don't think he will be very easy to KO his skin is bullet proof and wears a kevlar costume so he deffinatly can take some punishment, not saying can't KO him but it won't be easy.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:09 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Sparkz
but I don't think he will be very easy to KO his skin is bullet proof and wears a kevlar costume so he deffinatly can take some punishment, not saying can't KO him but it won't be easy.

That dont mean a damn thing. Cap can knockout bulletproof people with ease, he also doesnt need to use brute force if he decides to use pressure points.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:12 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Make it the Ultimate versions of each.

shifty

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:26 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Oh, and yeah, Captain America has been walking ALL OVER superhuman, bullet-proof opponents.

It's like his job.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:27 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

why are people putting the Goblins against these crap people

ok, ya, norman/harry/phil arent martial artists and off the gliders probably get it handed to them

but, cap shouldn't have the capacity to down GG, neither should Wolverine. I'm sure writers "could" do it, but thats more of the hero/villian conflict, where the hero must always win.

Cap's shield would be the slowest projectile that osborn had to evade, from there, its him using his array of weapons that he is talented enough to take out spider-man with, let alone people with superhuman/enhanced/whatever superspeed.

Goblin is a character built to take out super strong, super moblie, and super fast enemies. The fact that cap or wolvie are lightyears ahead of him in h2h is moot, as, given these are the showings of the characters at the best of their abilities, neither should be able to take osborn down.

Really, how often is a GG brought off their glider? How often by slower, weaker, less mobile opponents?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:33 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

GG either way.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:38 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by inamilist
why are people putting the Goblins against these crap people

ok, ya, norman/harry/phil arent martial artists and off the gliders probably get it handed to them

but, cap shouldn't have the capacity to down GG, neither should Wolverine. I'm sure writers "could" do it, but thats more of the hero/villian conflict, where the hero must always win.

Cap's shield would be the slowest projectile that osborn had to evade, from there, its him using his array of weapons that he is talented enough to take out spider-man with, let alone people with superhuman/enhanced/whatever superspeed.

Goblin is a character built to take out super strong, super moblie, and super fast enemies. The fact that cap or wolvie are lightyears ahead of him in h2h is moot, as, given these are the showings of the characters at the best of their abilities, neither should be able to take osborn down.

Really, how often is a GG brought off their glider? How often by slower, weaker, less mobile opponents?

I wouldn't put it past Captain America to be able to shield throw Norman off his Glider.

It definitely wouldn't be the most impressive shield feat that Steve has to his name.

And in hand to hand, the Goblin would probably get it taken to him by the likes of Steve and Logan.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:41 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Soljer
I wouldn't put it past Captain America to be able to shield throw Norman off his Glider.

It definitely wouldn't be the most impressive shield feat that Steve has to his name.

And in hand to hand, the Goblin would probably get it taken to him by the likes of Steve and Logan.

Thats the thing, you are only counting the high end throw feats for cap

unfortunatly i dont have a lot of comics with the norman GG, but like, even Phil could dodge things thrown at him from the ground

He was capable of evading Rhino throwing things, probably not as accurate, but way faster/harder given rhino is class 80 (ish?)

High end for both basically says that "cap can throw his shield and take down anything" and for goblin it is "dodges things that are thrown at him"

To bring the comparison back to Phil again, I'll go check this now, but im pretty sure the only 'enemy' he had that 'knocked him off his glider' would be a sentinel. I dont think cap is in league with a sentinel, and osborn makes phil look like a cheap immitation.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

He was capable of evading Rhino throwing things, probably not as accurate, but way faster/harder given rhino is class 80 (ish?)

The rhino does not count. The Rhino always loses, thats why he has a DISrespect thread.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:48 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

unfortunatly i dont have a lot of comics with the norman GG, but like, even Phil could dodge things thrown at him from the ground

High end for both basically says that "cap can throw his shield and take down anything" and for goblin it is "dodges things that are thrown at him"

To bring the comparison back to Phil again, I'll go check this now, but im pretty sure the only 'enemy' he had that 'knocked him off his glider' would be a sentinel. I dont think cap is in league with a sentinel, and osborn makes phil look like a cheap immitation.

Comparing Rhino chunking things at Norman to....CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD?!?

That isn't apples and oranges...that's more along the lines of apples and park benches.

There is NO comparison. Whatsoever.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:48 PM
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

smile

Rhino is capable of 100mph runs.

Even if Norman gets taken down, he is smart he will throw a bomb and get back on the glider or stun Cap for a while.

Yep, with it been Norman he will also go all out and just own Cap, ownage may vary, Norman 9/10 included.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:49 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Alfheim
The rhino does not count. The Rhino always loses, thats why he has a DISrespect thread.

Originally posted by Soljer
Comparing Rhino chunking things at Norman to....CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD?!?

That isn't apples and oranges...that's more along the lines of apples and park benches.

There is NO comparison. Whatsoever.

Wait... hold on

Since the rhino doesnt count (ie, he always looses) can I say that Cap's feats don't count (ie, he always wins?) In both cases it is PIS driven, rhino always looses because he is the loser, cap always wins because he is the hero, therefore all the feats for these two characters are not allowed

I see your point, and no, im not saying because Phil dodged rhino that norman dodges cap

but c'mon, you guys can make better logic than that

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 06:03 PM
Deadline

Since the rhino doesnt count (ie, he always looses) can I say that Cap's feats don't count (ie, he always wins?) In both cases it is PIS driven, rhino always looses because he is the loser, cap always wins because he is the hero, therefore all the feats for these two characters are not allowed

You're going off on a tangent. The fact of the matter is this, saying that somebody beat Rhino does not count because he always loses. What you need to do is give an example of a character is better represented in the comics.

Cap is not PIS driven you need to do some research on peak humans.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 06:09 PM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

This has been done before.
Norman won 98% of the votes.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 06:34 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Norman should win... but in a comic fight he wouldn't... mainly because if he did he'd probably kill Cap

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 06:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote