KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cannonball runs gauntlet

Cannonball runs gauntlet
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Cannonball runs gauntlet

Powers and abilities
Cannonball possesses the ability to bodily generate thermo-chemical energy and release it from his skin. This energy is used as thrust to cause his body to be propelled through the air, like his namesake, at great heights and speeds with considerable maneuverability. He can control his speed and direction through sheer act of will. At first he could only release this energy from his feet and legs, but now he can fire it from almost any part of his body, to a wide variety of affects. This energy also manifests itself as an impenetrable and virtually indestructible “blast field”. He can use this blast-field to: function as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, and then re-channel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact. For example, in the final episodes of 90's X-men Cartoon series, Cannonball flew head on to stop a freight train and derailed it without effort.

His power levels have varied over the years - but at his peak, he has been able to defeat the Shi'ar Imperial Guard leader, Gladiator, and devastate several city blocks by plummeting to the ground from high altitude. It has been theorized that Cannonball may be one of the Externals, and therefore immortal (although evidence for this is somewhat questionable).

no prep

1. Rhino
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Spiderman
5. Colossus
6. Iron Man
7. Hulk
8. Thor

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 01:50 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I would say he makes it to Hulk depending on which Hulk depends on If he gets further.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:01 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think he gets to #5

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan777
I think he gets to #5

thumb up

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:09 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

6 then hulk would beat his brains in.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:11 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Stops at Colossus

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:22 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Not likely

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:23 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by golem370
Not likely

Colossus has already beaten Cannonball

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 02:31 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Cannonball runs gauntlet

Originally posted by masterbruce
Powers and abilities
Cannonball possesses the ability to bodily generate thermo-chemical energy and release it from his skin. This energy is used as thrust to cause his body to be propelled through the air, like his namesake, at great heights and speeds with considerable maneuverability. He can control his speed and direction through sheer act of will. At first he could only release this energy from his feet and legs, but now he can fire it from almost any part of his body, to a wide variety of affects. This energy also manifests itself as an impenetrable and virtually indestructible “blast field”. He can use this blast-field to: function as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others, shape the field around another person to imprison them, or absorb outside kinetic impact into his own energy supply, and then re-channel it to increase the bludgeoning power of his blows or create explosive shock waves upon impact. For example, in the final episodes of 90's X-men Cartoon series, Cannonball flew head on to stop a freight train and derailed it without effort.

His power levels have varied over the years - but at his peak, he has been able to defeat the Shi'ar Imperial Guard leader, Gladiator, and devastate several city blocks by plummeting to the ground from high altitude. It has been theorized that Cannonball may be one of the Externals, and therefore immortal (although evidence for this is somewhat questionable).

no prep

1. Rhino
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Spiderman
5. Colossus
6. Iron Man
7. Hulk
8. Thor

Label me a fanboy all you want (and I really like Cannonball, too), but he's not getting past Spider-Man. Only for the simple fact that, even as fast as he goes, he won't be able to hit Spidey. His precog will play a crucial role here.

I see #4 being a stalemate really.

If by some crazy, insane logic, Cannonball beats Spider-Man (won't happen), Colossus thrashes him.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 07:55 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Makes it to Thor and gets his ass kicked wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:28 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

If he spreads his field outward and contains spider-man I think he could do it

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:29 PM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Re: Re: Cannonball runs gauntlet

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Label me a fanboy all you want (and I really like Cannonball, too), but he's not getting past Spider-Man. Only for the simple fact that, even as fast as he goes, he won't be able to hit Spidey. His precog will play a crucial role here.

I see #4 being a stalemate really.

If by some crazy, insane logic, Cannonball beats Spider-Man (won't happen), Colossus thrashes him.

Usually I would agree with you on this erm

However, I can't see Colossus catching Cannonball

And even if he did doesn't Cannonball have that forcefield? confused

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:29 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Brian Oswald
If he spreads his field outward and contains spider-man I think he could do it

Err...what? I know he can spread it out, but nowhere near enough to engulf Spider-Man. Peter can avoid him all day long.

Stalemate. no expression

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:31 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Re: Re: Cannonball runs gauntlet

Originally posted by Grimm22
Usually I would agree with you on this erm

However, I can't see Colossus catching Cannonball

And even if he did doesn't Cannonball have that forcefield? confused

He doesn't need to. Cannonball will charge into him (seeing as it's pretty much his only attack) and Colossus will wreck him that way. He's deflected Sam before, and this was back in the day when he was still class 70. He can easily do it again.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:32 PM
Brian Oswald

Re: Cannonball runs gauntlet

Originally posted by masterbruce
Powers and abilities

He can use this blast-field to: function as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others I dont think it would be that hard to catch him in the field

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:33 PM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Re: Cannonball runs gauntlet

Originally posted by Brian Oswald
He can use this blast-field to: function as a personal shield or extending it to encompass others I dont think it would be that hard to catch him in the field

Spider-sense will alert him of impending danger. Spidey moves out of the way and continues to avoid the blast-field.

Really. Spidey's been able to avoid more powerful things before.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:42 PM
Brian Oswald

edit..

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:44 PM
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

Ive never seen colossus deflect Cannonball but I know Juggernaut has a couple times so, i figure it is possible for Colossus to block cannonball and, usually if that happens he is unconcious or dazed which would give the opening for colossus to crush him.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:44 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote