KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing vs Quicksilver- a comparison

Thing vs Quicksilver- a comparison
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Thing vs Quicksilver- a comparison

I saw this over at SHC and I thought it was an interesting topic.

This isn't really a fight, but really comparing how each character does in a fight against Spider-Man, who usually seems to do very well against both of them.

Which one would fare better against Spidey in a KMC battle?

Which one is generally portrayed better against Spidey in the comics?

BTW, this is Pre-HoM QS.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:00 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Well with Thing Spider-Man can keep his distance where Quicksilver can keep up with Spider-Man. Different stragisty Spider-Man would have to rely on his Spider-Sense to have a chance against Quicksilver where against Thing he would have to move and strike and use his webbing.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:03 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

All it would take is one spider-sense-induced reaction to, say, trip up QS. QS has human durability, so even just the force of being stopped would likely knock him out. So it's a matter of QS hurting SM enough before that happens. Both would probably win some.

And SM/Thing is just the opposite. I can't see Spider-Man getting hit, but Thing could probably use a thunderclap (much like tripping QS). If his thunderclap is lacking (or non-existent) then it's either a stalemate or Spidey wears him down over time for the win.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
All it would take is one spider-sense-induced reaction to, say, trip up QS. QS has human durability, so even just the force of being stopped would likely knock him out. So it's a matter of QS hurting SM enough before that happens. Both would probably win some.

And SM/Thing is just the opposite. I can't see Spider-Man getting hit, but Thing could probably use a thunderclap (much like tripping QS). If his thunderclap is lacking (or non-existent) then it's either a stalemate or Spidey wears him down over time for the win.

One of the few times I disagree with you, Digi.

Quicksilver actually has form of low-level durability. It's what keeps him from ripping apart when he exceeds speeds of Mach 10+.

A non-jobbing Quicksilver beats Spider-man 8-9/10. His spider-sense is good, but Quicksilver is too fast, with far superior reaction speed.

The Thing description I do agree with, however.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 09:49 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Metalmanx
One of the few times I disagree with you, Digi.

Quicksilver actually has form of low-level durability. It's what keeps him from ripping apart when he exceeds speeds of Mach 10+.

A non-jobbing Quicksilver beats Spider-man 8-9/10. His spider-sense is good, but Quicksilver is too fast, with far superior reaction speed.

The Thing description I do agree with, however.

I thought that Quicksilver was protected by a thin layer of super-speed air.

Or something along those lines .

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 09:51 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
I thought that Quicksilver was protected by a thin layer of super-speed air.

Or something along those lines .

Wasn't aware of that. I do know that he has a form of low-level durability however.

It keeps his legs from breaking, his feet from shatter, his muscles from ripping, his skin from peeling off his body, his eyes from drying in his skull (that and a stronger layer of mucous membrane), and tiny particles (rocks, dust, flies) from killing him at such high speeds.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 09:59 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Yes he has a super human durability other wise he couldnt move at super speeds without getting hurt.

but it should be some kind of force field like the one magneto uses to protect himself. would be much cooler.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 10:51 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?...v1075p071mq.jpg

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking. The wind/speed/friction creating a sort of "aura" around him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 11:32 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote