KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman v These Guys

Superman v These Guys
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Superman v These Guys

supes

vs

xmen:

marvel girl
storm
colossus

alpha flight:

sasquatch
north star
guardian

avengers:

ironman
wonderman
namor

can a VERY po'd man of steel take out this gang of assembled heroes?? both teams have 2 minutes prep.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 01:52 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

ummmm yeah.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 01:55 AM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Sasquatch can amp himself to take on Dr. Strange level characters. Supes is in trouble.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:05 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

marvel girl... Jean goes phoenix on superman. of course if this is just marvel girl... jeans a nonfactor.
storm- nonfactor
colossus- nonfactor

alpha flight:

sasquatch-could go all supernatural godlike. but would never be able to handle the superspeed of superman.
north star-nonfactor
guardian-nonfactor

avengers:

ironman-could reset C.L.O.C to tell Sentry to kill Superman assuming thats allowed?
wonderman-nonfactor
namor-nonfactor

superman wins.... by a landslide... unless you take liberities with the actual abilities of the designated combatants.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:20 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
air beardey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
marvel girl... Jean goes phoenix on superman. of course if this is just marvel girl... jeans a nonfactor.
storm- nonfactor
colossus- nonfactor

alpha flight:

sasquatch-could go all supernatural godlike. but would never be able to handle the superspeed of superman.
north star-nonfactor
guardian-nonfactor

avengers:

ironman-could reset C.L.O.C to tell Sentry to kill Superman assuming thats allowed?
wonderman-nonfactor
namor-nonfactor

superman wins.... by a landslide... unless you take liberities with the actual abilities of the designated combatants.

are you serious they would take superman in a second jeans tk and stroms atmosphere control would limit supes flying and speed ability and then everyone else just kicks his ass

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 04:32 AM
air beardey is currently offline Click here to Send air beardey a Private Message Find more posts by air beardey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I am so far beyond serious.

1st, Its Marvel Girl, not Ms. Marvel. Its Jean Grey when she was younger... who is not even close to a comparison to what she is now... and Marvel Girl is before the whole Phoenix Saga... so you can't apply that for this fight.

As for Atmospheric control, you're making assumptions that superman has never flown through a hurricane before... tornado.... The guy's breath is essentially a hurricane. He can fly through space like you bat your eyes.

Superman has shown incredible resistence to telepathy before... possibly having one of the greatest willpowers in all of existence.

The man drop a mountain on his enemies and flies away (out of character but it would work)

The name is Superman. Learn it.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 04:49 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I am so far beyond serious.

1st, Its Marvel Girl, not Ms. Marvel. Its Jean Grey when she was younger... who is not even close to a comparison to what she is now... and Marvel Girl is before the whole Phoenix Saga... so you can't apply that for this fight.

As for Atmospheric control, you're making assumptions that superman has never flown through a hurricane before... tornado.... The guy's breath is essentially a hurricane. He can fly through space like you bat your eyes.

Superman has shown incredible resistence to telepathy before... possibly having one of the greatest willpowers in all of existence.

The man drop a mountain on his enemies and flies away (out of character but it would work)

Isn't Marvel Girl also the name Rachel Summers took?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 05:10 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
air beardey

i didnt say telepathy i know that wouldnt work im talking about telekineses she can move objects and people wiht ehr mind. jean had powerful telekinesis before the phoenix saga. besides iron man guardian north star and wonder man can all fly also. he would be outmanuvered and northstar can move at 99% the speed of light when u go that fast you can ounch throuugh anything. granted he wouldnt tkae superman out with a single punch or many punches but he could definatley all the while sasquatch collosus and wonderman pommeling him while the rest hit him with enrgy attacks theres no way supes could win

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 05:14 AM
air beardey is currently offline Click here to Send air beardey a Private Message Find more posts by air beardey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by air beardey
i didnt say telepathy i know that wouldnt work im talking about telekineses she can move objects and people wiht ehr mind. jean had powerful telekinesis before the phoenix saga. besides iron man guardian north star and wonder man can all fly also. he would be outmanuvered and northstar can move at 99% the speed of light when u go that fast you can ounch throuugh anything. granted he wouldnt tkae superman out with a single punch or many punches but he could definatley all the while sasquatch collosus and wonderman pommeling him while the rest hit him with enrgy attacks theres no way supes could win

The Phoenix Saga involved Ms. Marvel... the adult refined more powerful version of Jean Grey. Marvel Girl was a wimp. Like Invisible Girl was a wimp compared to Invisible Woman.

And Northstar being the only character to keep up with superman wouldn't last long, as obviously he'd be the first guy Superman would put down. You make it sound like Superman doesn't know how to handle speedsters... He's fought alongside Barry Allen, Wally West...

Wonderman can fly by releasing ionic energy from his lower body, he has never shown maneuverability or speed with it. Iron man's mach 8.7 speed (the fastest hes been clock at when he was as extremis at full burhn) is nothing compared to a guy to approaches lightspeed, and does billions of calculations a second. same with guardian.

You're comparing a apples and oranges. Superman is a teambuster. he'd down that group like a hobo downs a bottle of raspberry schnapz!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 05:21 AM
..:Sn0w:..

Hell no he can't take them out.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 05:40 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

superman with 2 minutes of prep vs the "xmen"

the mans mind works at billions of calculations per second.
He can move at near light speeds
the world essentially moves in slow motion for him.

He builds a mutant gene supressor field generator... this is the same guy who developed in action comics a potion that would give lois lane all of his powers for a day...

He would go and get a piece of artic vibranium.

fight starts, he chucks the artic vibranium at iron man... and activates the generator... all the while using his superspeed to deflect any attacks to destroy the generator. Fights over.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 05:50 AM
What If...

quote:

Lol, your a gay.

quote:
The Phoenix Saga involved Ms. Marvel... the adult refined more powerful version of Jean Grey.

It's Marvel Girl. Not Ms. Marvel smile

Last edited by What If... on Nov 1st, 2006 at 06:34 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 06:30 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Marvel Girl was the original Jean grey.

i jumped the gun an assumed a young jean grey,

rather then the current marvel girl.. rachel having recently adapted that name and dropping phoenix... rachel taking the name marvel girl as a homage to her mother.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 06:55 AM
HaSon

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 06:25 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

I admit in fact it is a very close fight, but only because of the number of people in this fight. Again what is come down is Superman's super speed, which is the reason he wins nearly every fight. A speed blitz by him destroy most of them, the rest would be defeated by full brute force and other various powers. Superman man only takes this fight if he is allowed super speed(which you have done). Superman wins

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 07:48 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Superman is too classic. He is too much of a hero. He is the pimp of the Superheroes. He pimpslaps the people who call themselves Superheroes. Hw invented being a Superhero.
Superman is The Superhero.

laughing yes laughing

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:28 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Superman v These Guys

Originally posted by leonidas
supes

vs

xmen:

marvel girl
storm
colossus

alpha flight:

sasquatch
north star
guardian

avengers:

ironman
wonderman
namor

can a VERY po'd man of steel take out this gang of assembled heroes?? both teams have 2 minutes prep.
These characters combined forces should easily be able to take out Supes.

But lets be honest, no character in comics will probably ever beat Supes for good, because he is the very personification of "The almighty plot device"

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 08:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

this is the marvel girl from the inferno arc. she was among the world's most powerful tk's at the time, if not THE most powerful . . .

i actually think it IS a close fight for a couple reasons. funny how no one has mentioned the alpha flighters . . . shifty

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 09:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

What type of stuff was Marvel Girl doing there?

The best thing I've ever seen her do was crush The Fury in a mini black hole she created. That level of telekinetic force could seriously mess up most anyone.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 09:24 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

The same superman thats flown through... and contained black holes?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 11:06 PM