KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » namor vs. spiderman

namor vs. spiderman
Started by: hulk10

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hulk10

Warning namor vs. spiderman

Their both a ton of muscle ,but if on land spidey would win, if in sea namor would kick butt.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 04:05 AM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Nah. Namor wins regardless. Spidey would put up a helluva fight, but would have a hard time dodging enough to pull out a win.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 04:07 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

If one was to go by spidey's actual abilities

Which include

1. Class 20 strength (increases with stress) with added speed to create class 50 or stronger hits.
2. Superspeed and agility. Can become a blur or flash at times.
3. Super reflexes. Can see a 1000mph bullet traveling at 25mph.
4. Superstrong upgraded webbing. Can even slow the Hulk down for a few seconds.
5. Decent durability. Has taken blows from Juggs, Hulk, etc. and was still in battle.
6. Super stamina. Can go hours maybe days at peak performance without tiring.
7. Spider sense. Is actually precog. Spidey has dodged homing lasers (speed of light) with this. Note: It will be impossible for spidey to dodge light speed attacks without his spidersense because he can't actually move in the required speed (speed of light) to dodge them.
8. Very intelligent. He has beaten foes way more powerful than himself simply by using his brains.

With that said
Spidey with these abilities without compromise and inconsistency should win all on land (As he won't ever get hit).
Abilities 2, 3, and 7 are enough to ensure at least stalemate.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 05:30 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

^^ Nice stuff.

And yes, he's gone toe-to-toe with people in Namor's class. It's not impossible.

But still unlikely, as much as I love Pete. Namor's got some enhanced reflexes too, and water or not he's well above Class 100.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 05:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Barbarian
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Spider may give Namor a tussle, but it will not be enough.

A world of savagery, super-science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice. He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 05:44 AM
The_Barbarian is currently offline Click here to Send The_Barbarian a Private Message Find more posts by The_Barbarian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
^^ Nice stuff.

And yes, he's gone toe-to-toe with people in Namor's class. It's not impossible.

But still unlikely, as much as I love Pete. Namor's got some enhanced reflexes too, and water or not he's well above Class 100.

I doubt it. As marvel doesn't think so
Added to the fact that just because he lifted over 100 tons doesn't make him class 100 or anyone else.

for example
spidey was class 10 when he lifted more than 40 tons several times.

cap was peak human 800lbs. when he lifted a few tons before.

and the list goes on

For a character to be at a certain class two things have to happen.
First, that character have to show this level of strength consistently throughout their career and second, marvel hq has to think so.

And it is not unlikely since spidey can't be hit by namor (If spidey is using the abilities listed in my above post).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 06:07 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Fully amphibious physiology suited for extreme pressures.-Not really needed. stick out tongue
superhuman strength-This guy takes out Hulk in mere punches.
speed-Namor dodges lasers and people regularly.
durability-Oh, this guy doesn't take hits from Hulk and such?
Flight-A major advantage over Peter here.
Telepathic control over marine life-So yeah, maybe a whale will eat Peter or something.
electrical powers-Well electric shocks could stop Peter for a few seconds.
ages slowly-Yeah, so he will last longer.

stick out tongue

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 01:53 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Fully amphibious physiology suited for extreme pressures.-Not really needed. stick out tongue
superhuman strength-This guy takes out Hulk in mere punches.
speed-Namor dodges lasers and people regularly.
durability-Oh, this guy doesn't take hits from Hulk and such?
Flight-A major advantage over Peter here.
Telepathic control over marine life-So yeah, maybe a whale will eat Peter or something.
electrical powers-Well electric shocks could stop Peter for a few seconds.
ages slowly-Yeah, so he will last longer.

stick out tongue

Spider-sense - Spiderman won't be hit. Ever. Under any circumstance. In or out of a hostile scenario. Regardless.

Ever.

shifty

laughing

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 05:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

What could spider-man possibly do to Namor?

even if we give him the speed advantage (which im not sure he has) Namor has taken hits that Spider-Man only dreams of throwing.

Spidey has fought peeps like juggs or hulk, and for the most part the story is filled with PIS or some CIS, where he is able to confine juggs in cement or calm down the hulk.

All that aside, Namor should be able to shrug off what spidey hits him with

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 05:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by inamilist
What could spider-man possibly do to Namor?

even if we give him the speed advantage (which im not sure he has) Namor has taken hits that Spider-Man only dreams of throwing.

Spidey has fought peeps like juggs or hulk, and for the most part the story is filled with PIS or some CIS, where he is able to confine juggs in cement or calm down the hulk.

All that aside, Namor should be able to shrug off what spidey hits him with

Never judge a character's knockout power by their mere strength. Strength, speed, lack of give, and the right place is what makes knockout power. That is why cap, batman, and mantis can ko high class beings.

In kickboxing, the majority of the first hits and kicks don't even faze the other. But those spots do get tender after a while. But also with the same punches and kicks that didn't faze could as easily knock the other out if landed in the right places.

With that being said, spidey's speed definitely adds to his 20-50ton (under stress) strength thus causing him to hit much harder than his strength allows. Plus when Spidey's feet are connected to the ground when he punches it takes away the natural give he would have if he wasn't connected. This alone doubles his punching power (because the momentum is given twice-once from the punch and once from the reflection or lack of give). So under intense stress, Spidey can easily punch in the class 100 range.

Add that with the constant barrage of attacks he will land. And maybe, just maybe he would find the right spot or tenderize the wrong spot enough for a knockout.

Spidey is a bad boy indeed.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:42 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

On land, Namor still gives Thing trouble in h2h combat

Spidey stands no chance here

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:45 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Namor dodges lasers and people regularly.

Using evasive action in order not to get hit is not dodging. That is how bats, cap, etc always dodge lasers and bullets. Plus I doubt that Namor could dodge anyone of spiderman's speed and agility consistently.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:48 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Grimm22
On land, Namor still gives Thing trouble in h2h combat

Spidey stands no chance here

this is not a comic fight but a forum one. Totally big difference.
read the above posts before you make comments like that
refute them then get back with us.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:49 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by h1a8
read the above posts before you make comments like that
refute them then get back with us.

I have no need to no expression

I've been reading both Namor and Spidey for years.

Namor has nearly every advantage in this fight

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:50 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Grimm22
I have no need to no expression

I've been reading both Namor and Spidey for years.

Namor has nearly every advantage in this fight

Then you are unwise because the above posts shows your blindspot.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:51 AM
thedude1948

On land Namor wins 9/10.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:03 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by thedude1948
On land Namor wins 9/10.

on land spidey 10/10
please read my previous posts and argue against them.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:04 AM
lando005

should be a good fight spidy knows he cant go toe to toe with ol fish face so he'll have to keep moving and try to wear namor out, he's beaten namor before using his strongest skill his resourcefulness if he plays it smart he can beat namor a good amount of time on land

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:09 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thedude1948

Originally posted by h1a8
on land spidey 10/10
please read my previous posts and argue against them.

I stopped reading after "with added speed to create class 50 or stronger hits".

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:17 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by thedude1948
I stopped reading after "with added speed to create class 50 or stronger hits".

You read wrong.
I said his strength can go up to 50 tons under intense stres.
I said his speed adds to his attacking power. I didn't say how much though. I said his lack of give (feet attached to the ground) doubles his punching power. To understand this read a physics book on momentum or get back with me and I'll explain it in detail.

Thus under intense stress (strength elevates near class 50 or more) with his speed and lack of give can make him hit with class 100 power.

But this all doesn't matter since all spidey has to do is find the right spot like bats or mantis do. Or just wear the same old spots out.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:40 AM