KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Quasar vs. Silver Surfer

Quasar vs. Silver Surfer
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Horrificus

Quasar vs. Silver Surfer

If you need me to post the profiles, I will.

Who do you guys think will win?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:26 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Current Surfer wins cause well... as you know... Quasar's dead.

but current surfer wins as he's more powerful and more ruthless than in the past. And the most recent 'living' quasar to me... was a jobber.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:33 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This happened in a comic. Decent fight, but Surfer won it handily.

It was a young-ish Quasar, but still...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This happened in a comic. Decent fight, but Surfer won it handily.

It was a young-ish Quasar, but still...
Didnt Surfer raise Quasars hand up in the end, out of respect to him??

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:36 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Faceman
Didnt Surfer raise Quasars hand up in the end, out of respect to him??

In the comic, Surfer found out that he had somehow become the champion of Chaos and that Quasar had become the champion of Order... and that if Surfer won, Chaos would reign supreme... so he forfeited the match...

Its one of those neither here, nor there matches, as it doesn't really resolve how the surfer would have done, since he didn't fight to the best of his ability.

Although... i will say it appears as though Surfer would have won against a young Quasar... at first.. but you'll never know..

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:39 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

How do you guys think Surfer would have done against Q at his peak?
You know, like when he fought Maesltrom.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:10 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I'd go with Current surfer... because he is a lot stronger then in the past... and the past surfer was still a threat... not someone that i would have believed could have pulled a majority.. but still a threat.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:16 AM
HaSon

Even before Quasar decided to throw the fight he wasn't exactly doing much damage to Surfer. IIRC, Quasar's thoughts seemed to show he thought Norrin was superior.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:22 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

We'll never know. big grin at least for sure.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:49 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah, id give SS the win over but very close fight..

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 08:08 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Quasar had to lose. He gave up. But if we think straight. The only energy he can't deal with is magical. As far as it goes Surfer is cosmic energy based. If we use to think about it straight he can bsorb the cosmic blasts. Suck out some life force and then put him in the Quantum Zone and kick his ass.

By the way Quasar supposely isn't DEAD...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 03:12 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Rewmac
Quasar had to lose. He gave up. But if we think straight. The only energy he can't deal with is magical. As far as it goes Surfer is cosmic energy based. If we use to think about it straight he can bsorb the cosmic blasts. Suck out some life force and then put him in the Quantum Zone and kick his ass.

I agree with you.
Quasar has beaten guys with even more raw power than Surfer. But, Surfer is as tricky as Wendell is. He can do some cool stuff with his powers too.
An all out battle would be SERIOUS.

What do u mean Q isn't dead.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 03:33 PM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

HAve your read the issue?? Even Annihilus himself is asking the question where has he gone...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 03:40 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Quasar was absorbing Surfer's energy and throwing it back at him but it was doing no good because Norrin was constantly re-absorbing energy himself.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 06:08 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Validus
Quasar was absorbing Surfer's energy and throwing it back at him but it was doing no good because Norrin was constantly re-absorbing energy himself.

Yeah that bothers me, why didn't Quasar just form a "shield" around SS that absorbed the incoming powercosmic or at least shunted it to the quantum zone.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 06:14 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

He messed up at the point when he throwed it back to Surfer. If Quasar'd just absorbed his life-energy.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 07:32 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

i actuallt Think Quasar should win this by a slim margin but, i've been wrong before. I'll give the edge to the surfer 6.5/10

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 08:23 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Originally posted by rotiart
In the comic, Surfer found out that he had somehow become the champion of Chaos and that Quasar had become the champion of Order... and that if Surfer won, Chaos would reign supreme... so he forfeited the match...

Its one of those neither here, nor there matches, as it doesn't really resolve how the surfer would have done, since he didn't fight to the best of his ability.

Although... i will say it appears as though Surfer would have won against a young Quasar... at first.. but you'll never know..

Wasn't it the other way around, Quasar didn't really fight?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 08:58 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

He messed up at the point when he throwed it back to Surfer. If Quasar'd just absorbed his life-energy.

Actually absorbing his PC is absorbing his life energies...
Little it did for Quazar..

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 09:03 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

yeah, they have very similar powers.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 09:35 PM