KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » CGI vs comicbooks

comic books vs cgi
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
comic books 13 68.42%
cgi comics 3 15.79%
blend of both 3 15.79%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CGI vs comicbooks
Started by: lando005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lando005

CGI vs comicbooks

ok i was thinking about doing this for a while by now everybody's seen the cgi videos on marvel ultimate alliance right? if not maybe you've seen one on justice league heroes( although i havent but i'm assumeing they look good) anyway i wanna take a quick poll here. Do you think marvel and dc should switch to CGI comics from now on or continue the tradition of the comic book ( cost of production aside )

me personally i vote for the cgi you get a better sense of the story that way and it's just so well done

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 04:03 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

bump

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 07:26 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

You mean comics through CG images? I don't think that's a great idea, although I'm not against enhancing the handdrawn art a bit. You know, add some filtering or softening the rough spots a little. But it should in no way replace handdrawn art completely.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 07:35 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

nothing against cgi, but donīt let the comics end, it wouldnīt be the same

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 07:40 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

yea for tradition alone i would vote for comic books but cgi is just soo much more vivid and fluid

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 08:01 PM
Loot

its not only for tradition i really like picking my comic book, the smell, turning the page over, the art and having an amazing colection of books.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 08:08 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

You mean like instead of comic books, you watch a 10 minute video? Crap no. The best part about reading the comic, and reading in general, is you're the director. The panels are like the storyboard and it plays out in your head your way.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 10:31 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Weather God

comics are good but cgi is million times better. It would cost million times more money to make them as well.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 11:50 PM
The Weather God is currently offline Click here to Send The Weather God a Private Message Find more posts by The Weather God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

cgi is also a lot easier to ripp off too

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 12:39 AM
Loot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You mean like instead of comic books, you watch a 10 minute video? Crap no. The best part about reading the comic, and reading in general, is you're the director. The panels are like the storyboard and it plays out in your head your way.

someone who understands big grin

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 12:47 AM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

comic books allow for creative people to be creative with their thoughts. CGI means you can watch what other people think of it. Shall I chew your food for you too?

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 07:20 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by AngryManatee
comic books allow for creative people to be creative with their thoughts. CGI means you can watch what other people think of it. Shall I chew your food for you too?
eww no thanks i understand the point of view with comics and all but i dunno i guess i like the whole vivid feel of cgi the sense of your fav character being brought to life in a sense watching them in motion and that feeling of "YES now that's how he's suppost to move/fight" watching them do their thing blow for blow but hey it's just a matter of prefreance

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 07:28 PM
quickshot
Restricted

Account Restricted

comics just the way you can take longer analysing some parts and brush over others

My Sigs
I take requests

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:29 AM
quickshot is currently offline Click here to Send quickshot a Private Message Find more posts by quickshot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by quickshot
comics just the way you can take longer analysing some parts and brush over others
you can do that with cgi too

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:39 AM
The Weather God

Originally posted by lando005
you can do that with cgi too

I agree
Game Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyW8xpOZAFg

Watching a comic brought to life is just amazing, i know it would cost alot more money but you just can't get a good of experience as you get with it live and in motion. smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:44 AM
The Weather God is currently offline Click here to Send The Weather God a Private Message Find more posts by The Weather God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

Its all about the paper, baby!! Seriously, I'd hate for some guy to try to do Batman' voice... Noone can do the Batvoice like the little man it my head!!! Plus, I'm not paying 15$ for my comics (thats what it would cost, considering what it takes to put togethor CGI and the fact that they overprice like a bi###)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 01:42 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Weather God

Originally posted by lorddreamer
Its all about the paper, baby!! Seriously, I'd hate for some guy to try to do Batman' voice... Noone can do the Batvoice like the little man it my head!!! Plus, I'm not paying 15$ for my comics (thats what it would cost, considering what it takes to put togethor CGI and the fact that they overprice like a bi###)

That's exactly what the problem is, nobody's going to pay that kind of money for a cgi comic every issue. That's the reason why i believe the comic will be more superior, you also do have a very good point about voices of characters which can be a big problem which wouldn't be there if it were a comic. But there are some advantages in the cgi tho.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 01:47 AM
lorddreamer

like what? smoothing out fights isnt a problem to me. That's what imagination is for wink

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 01:51 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Weather God

Originally posted by lorddreamer
like what? smoothing out fights isnt a problem to me. That's what imagination is for wink

Imagination is good and all but seeing it live and feeling the power of sound and visually effects are a much better experience then sitting down and reading a comic. In a comic i do agree that much more can be done but when you visually experience it live with sound and motion just top's the iceing on the cake. True the voices can get wrong at times but when they are all right and in place you just overall have a comic come to life experience. Just watching that cgi clip i just posted gets me excited.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:00 AM
lorddreamer

ok. Thats pretty insane, I admit... But still, thats more what I'd like to see in a tv show, maybe? Now im half/half!! That was amazing. Still BATMAN'S VOICE!!!!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:11 AM