KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Uru vs. Admantium

Uru vs. Admantium
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Uru 11 33.33%
Adamantium 21 63.64%
Stalemate 1 3.03%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Uru vs. Admantium
Started by: Soujaboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uru vs. Admantium

The enchanted Asgardian metal vs the man made, god metal, Adamantium.

Which is more valuable and more durable?

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:48 PM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You'd think Uru, but eh......

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:03 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

i would say admantium.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:09 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cowboy
WTF?

Admantium cause Wolverine has it

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:22 PM
cowboy is currently offline Click here to Send cowboy a Private Message Find more posts by cowboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

uru. uru=adamantine, and adamantine is the legendary element the good doctor named "adamantium" after.

that's the most definitive answer you're liable to get. that is to say, not very.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:46 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Truth be told I'de say that adamantium trumps non-Odin Enchanted ure as far as strait up durability.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:52 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Durability
Non-enchanted Odin enhanced uru vs True Adamantium = True Adamantium

URU is easier to enchant with spells, and it holds those enchantments much easier and much longer than adamantium ever could.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:58 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Truth be told I'de say that adamantium trumps non-Odin Enchanted ure as far as strait up durability.

Uru enchanted or not is still a MYSTICAL metal.
It's magical by itself.And beings like Odin can put further enhancements in it.Mjolnir was destroyed only when used against the likes of the Celestials and the combined might of 4 hammers of the same levels which caused it to get broke in half.
Adamantium is nothing compared to it.
Thor can rend to pieces adamantium anydays, but then Ultron wouldn't be the team wrecker he deserves to be, so he gets hard time with him.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:59 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Adamantium.

Thor once carved Uru simply by shoving his finger into a lump of the stuff and making a square. I have yet to see him do the same to Wolvie's Skeleton.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 10:08 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hunbu04

Hercules golden mace is made of enchanted adamantine > true adamantium
and Echanted adamantine = Uru

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 10:31 PM
hunbu04 is currently offline Click here to Send hunbu04 a Private Message Find more posts by hunbu04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

adamantium is the second hardest substance behind cap's shield. uru might be next, but i don't think it's really ever been stated to be anything more than 'really hard' . . .

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:00 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulk10

URU!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:22 AM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

Thors hammer has been destoryed atleast twice???? once when he blew it apart fighting a celestial. and once somewhere in volume 2, somewhere in the first 20 issues ( i can find out the exact issue number but it will take some time). this however wasnt from a celestial power level being.... it was from an odin level being (shown to be well below celestials).

uru has also been melted down to slag. but, this was also from a celestial level being.

uru isnt all that hard. it just has the ability to hold enchantments. the enchantments are what make it strong.

adamantium to my knowledge has never been shown on panel to be broken?????? atleast without being retconned away. so i'd vote for it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 10:30 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, gladiator did snap a claw off of wolverine in a possible future . . .

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 01:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

What about when Thor made a huge friggin' dent in Cap's shield? erm

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:32 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by leonidas
well, gladiator did snap a claw off of wolverine in a possible future . . .
S'ym also snapped one of Wolverines claws I think.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:48 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by batdude123

Cap's shield isn't made of adamantium, it's a vibranium/steel alloy. And it's actually stronger than adamantium.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:05 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by darthgoober
Cap's shield isn't made of adamantium, it's a vibranium/steel alloy. And it's actually stronger than adamantium.

I know. That's what I was saying...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:32 PM
Jonathanos

Uru, the unenchanted form, is not as durable as adamantium.

When Odin removed the enchantments from Mjolnir so that Thor could fight the Hulk HTH, Thor feared that the Hulk would be able to destroy the hammer because its enchantments were removed. (JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #112) Thor believed himself at least the Hulk's physical equal at the time so logically he must think he is able to destroy unenchanted uru.

(BTW, Thor's carving of uru has gotten exaggerated a bit. It was a cliffside that contained some uru, not a cliff of pure uru.)

Between Mjolnir and adamantium, I don't believe there's any way to conclusively prove which of the two is more durable. But the topic doesn't specify Mjolnir so I'm saying adamantium.

Last edited by Jonathanos on Dec 17th, 2006 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:56 PM
Jonathanos is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathanos a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathanos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonathanos

Originally posted by batdude123

Thor had his father's power.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:58 PM
Jonathanos is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathanos a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathanos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote