KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 5 Infinity Gems v.s. 1 Infinity Gem

5 Infinity Gems v.s. 1 Infinity Gem
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

5 Infinity Gems v.s. 1 Infinity Gem

Assume Adam Warlock had full control over these 5 Infinity Gems:

Space Gem
Mind Gem
Soul Gem
Reality Gem

and

Power Gem

Could he defeat Thanos, if Thanos only possessed the Time Gem?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Adam Warlock wins the majority.

Adam Warlock wins 8/10 with 5 inifinity gems against Thanos with 1.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:40 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

depends on which worked first? but i'd give the majority to Warlock

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:41 PM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Warlock wins, of course. In Thanos' Quest when Thanos had 5 of the gems and he was going after Grandmaster's Mind gem, he says with the 5 there were thousands of ways he could have taken the mind gem but outsmarting Grandmaster was the most satisfying. When Magnus had an IG with 5 gems and Thanos had the Reality gem, Thanos didn't try and put his 1 against the 5, he outsmarted Magnus instead.

The Rune thing with the time gem was a load of crap.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:46 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

apparently, according to thanos, the power gem is the sort of backbone of the others. when they are collected the power gem appears to be the battery that the others draw from.

individually they operate differently though. the power gem couldn't counter all the things the other gems could do, i don't think. and anyway, all adam needs is one gem -- the soul gem. no answer for that from the power gem.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:55 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If time is frozen, how will the other gems work?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
If time is frozen, how will the other gems work?
When Rune tried stealing the soul gem from Warlock he had frozen time but Warlock still got him into soul world, so they must still function.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:15 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Wally West
When Rune tried stealing the soul gem from Warlock he had frozen time but Warlock still got him into soul world, so they must still function.
ALL the gems still functioned, or was it just the Soul Gem?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:16 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Well Warlock was the only one to put up any fight so it might just be the soul gem.

(The way Rune stole those other 4 gems was awful by the way, it made it look like stealing the gems from the Watch is like taking candy from a baby. And since when does Thanos walk around with the gem on his forehead? He keeps it in his safe!)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:18 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Warlock's also one of the few beings that Thanos really couldn't outsmart....which would be the only way to beat someone with 5/6 Ifinity Gems.

Warlock every time.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well Warlock was the only one to put up any fight so it might just be the soul gem.
Thats what I thought as well.

(The way Rune stole those other 4 gems was awful by the way, it made it look like stealing the gems from the Watch is like taking candy from a baby. And since when does Thanos walk around with the gem on his forehead? He keeps it in his safe!)
Yeah I just read that comic, and it was a bit PISsy, but it makes sense.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:21 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

A better fight might be to give Warlock and Thanos 3 gems each, that would be a cool battle big grin

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:22 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

A better fight might be to give Warlock and Thanos 3 gems each, that would be a cool battle big grin

I'd love to see that in a comic

*drools*

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ive heard that the IG is coming back.... Is there any truth to that?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ive heard that the IG is coming back.... Is there any truth to that?

Probably just a rumor, but I don't know for sure. They did it to death with Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and all the Infinity Watch villians that tried to steal the gems. So as much as I liked them, Marvel really needs to go in a new cosmic direction for a while (Annihilation is a good start).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Warlock's also one of the few beings that Thanos really couldn't outsmart....which would be the only way to beat someone with 5/6 Ifinity Gems.
Warlock's best weapon here is definatley the Soul Gem.

But the SoulWorld has already betrayed him once.... Who's to say it wouldn't betray him again?

Probably just a rumor, but I don't know for sure. They did it to death with Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and all the Infinity Watch villians that tried to steal the gems. So as much as I liked them, Marvel really needs to go in a new cosmic direction for a while (Annihilation is a good start).
I agree.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:26 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Warlock's best weapon here is definatley the Soul Gem.

But the SoulWorld has already betrayed him once.... Who's to say it wouldn't betray him again?

Meh, but the number of times of Adam resisting the gem's influence, willing it to himself from other places, etc. greatly outnumbers the "betrayal", which means that it'll likely be his greatest asset, not his achilles heel in this fight.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:28 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

(please log in to view the image)

NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI #2 (of 5)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & BRIAN REED
Pencils & Cover by JIM CHEUNG
The Infinity Gems offer their users complete mastery of the universe -- if any one of the Gems fell into the wrong hands, it would be catastrophic. So, when the Illuminati discover the Infinity Gems are scattered across the cosmos, completely unguarded, the race is on to collect them before anyone else learns the truth. The fate of the Marvel Universe hangs in the balance as Brian Michael Bendis (New Avengers) and Brian Reed (Ms. Marvel) team up with Jim Cheung (Young Avengers) to tell another chapter in the tale of the Illuminati!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Not sure when its gong to be set. Maybe each Illuminati member will get a gem?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Meh, but the number of times of Adam resisting the gem's influence, willing it to himself from other places, etc. greatly outnumbers the "betrayal", which means that it'll likely be his greatest asset, not his achilles heel in this fight.
Ok, I see where your coming from. But at the same time, we can't exactly rule out the fact that the SoulWorld might infact Betray Warlock again.
NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI #2 (of 5)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & BRIAN REED
Pencils & Cover by JIM CHEUNG
The Infinity Gems offer their users complete mastery of the universe -- if any one of the Gems fell into the wrong hands, it would be catastrophic. So, when the Illuminati discover the Infinity Gems are scattered across the cosmos, completely unguarded, the race is on to collect them before anyone else learns the truth. The fate of the Marvel Universe hangs in the balance as Brian Michael Bendis (New Avengers) and Brian Reed (Ms. Marvel) team up with Jim Cheung (Young Avengers) to tell another chapter in the tale of the Illuminati!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Not sure when its gong to be set. Maybe each Illuminati member will get a gem?
It seems like Marvels' digging pretty deep with that one. confused

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:31 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Oh crap, is Xavier sitting on Namor's lap? Mercy. He must feel so safe in his arms.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:34 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote