KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » parallax vs silver surfer (the keeper)

parallax vs silver surfer (the keeper)
Started by: lionking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionking

parallax vs silver surfer (the keeper)

who wins and y

here a info on surfer as the keeper and what he can weild

Quantum bands

Foremost amongst these powers is the ability to tap into a limitless energy source called the quantum zone. surfer can project quantum energy in the form of devastating beams of force or heat, but more commonly employs them to fashion incredibly durable constructs of solid energy, such as containment spheres or pincers. He protects himself with a personal force field of quantum energy. This is very similar to the Power Ring's abilities of DC Comics' Green Lantern.

The quantum bands can also exert control over many other types of energy that are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. For example, Quasar once tapped into a sun and caused it to emit an enormous solar flare. He can also absorb and redirect the cosmic energy wielded by such powerful beings as the Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Phoenix, and the Watchers, siphoning their power and using it to augment his quantum energy. Forms of energy the quantum bands cannot control include magic and darkforce.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:15 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

ftw.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Keeper was incredibly powerful, that being said Parallax takes it hands down.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:26 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Surfer with the quantum bands was amazingly powerful in Guardians Of The Galaxy, he took on Galactus IIRC.

But I would need more info on Parallax before I made my mind up, from the little I have seen he is a cosmic level threat.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:28 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hercules
Surfer with the quantum bands was amazingly powerful in Guardians Of The Galaxy, he took on Galactus IIRC.

But I would need more info on Parallax before I made my mind up, from the little I have seen he is a cosmic level threat.

Parallax was able to close the time loop of the universe bringing Oblivion to the beginning of time.

Using his powers he could destroy a universe, probably more of a multiversal threat.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:35 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

didn't the the keeper controle all of time

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 03:49 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I'm not that familiar with the quantum bands, but I do know somethings about Parallax....thus first impression: Parallax ftw.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 05:23 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: parallax vs silver surfer (the keeper)

Originally posted by lionking
who wins and y

here a info on surfer as the keeper and what he can weild

Quantum bands

Foremost amongst these powers is the ability to tap into a limitless energy source called the quantum zone. surfer can project quantum energy in the form of devastating beams of force or heat, but more commonly employs them to fashion incredibly durable constructs of solid energy, such as containment spheres or pincers. He protects himself with a personal force field of quantum energy. This is very similar to the Power Ring's abilities of DC Comics' Green Lantern.

The quantum bands can also exert control over many other types of energy that are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. For example, Quasar once tapped into a sun and caused it to emit an enormous solar flare. He can also absorb and redirect the cosmic energy wielded by such powerful beings as the Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Phoenix, and the Watchers, siphoning their power and using it to augment his quantum energy. Forms of energy the quantum bands cannot control include magic and darkforce.

parallax

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 05:31 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Parallax.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 05:31 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

Parallax, but that is taking nothing away from the Keeper. We don't have much to go on for his power, but the combination of the true PC. and Quantum Bands is pretty uber.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 05:46 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

Silver Surfer became the Keeper (a much more powerful character with Galactus-level power cosmic) in the distant future. IIRC, I believe this was initiated via his own discoveries concerning and development of the power cosmic. This insinuates that the power cosmic is something that can become stronger in an individual based upon their knowledge/understanding of it

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 05:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Silver Surfer became the Keeper (a much more powerful character with Galactus-level power cosmic) in the distant future. IIRC, I believe this was initiated via his own discoveries concerning and development of the power cosmic. This insinuates that the power cosmic is something that can become stronger in an individual based upon their knowledge/understanding of it
But ya see, Parallax actually destroyed an entire Universe with a gesture, he also was creating another Universe in it's place, and warping various other realities as well........ All at once.

He did these things while battling the most powerful characters in the DCU, (which included the likes of Spectre).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 06:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I have the Guardians of the Galaxy issue with The Keeper in my hand, nothing leads me to believe he is anywhere near Galactus level power. He grows to the same size as G, and he states he waited till he was stronger than Galactus, and he'd stop him.
That reason is because Galactus had no energy left.
Galactus, very hungry and dying, even states he is so weak that he could not defend himself.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 06:08 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I don't know enough from the Keeper to give him more than 1/10 or 2/10 against Paralax.

ps: The Classic Surfer beats the crap out of Hal Jordan. 8)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 07:03 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Hercules
Your right in saying that Keeper "took on" Galactus in Guardians of the Galaxy.

But if you were implying that Keeper was in some way more powerful then Galactus (at his normal power), you'd be wrong.

Galactus was at a severely weakened point when Keeper decided to attack him....

"You could never have done this had I not been in such a debilitated state":
(please log in to view the image)

Galactus was so weak he couldn't even defend himself from Keeper:
(please log in to view the image)

So....

Keeper>A greatly weakened Galactus.

But....

Galactus (at his normal power-set)>>Keeper.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:29 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

who is this Keeper, where does he come from?
where can I read up on such Silver Surfer developments?

damn, sounds like a cool evolution of The Silver Surfer.

I always thought, given his Scientific brilliance, The Silver Surfer should have been able to augment his powers to infinite levels way above Thanos... though he seemed to spend most of his time navel gazing messed

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:39 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by janus77
who is this Keeper, where does he come from?
where can I read up on such Silver Surfer developments?
The Keeper is a version of SS from the distant future.

This version of SS has the Quantum Bands, and is able to use them to their "full potential".

Keeper appeared in "Guardians of the Galaxy" #24-#25.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:44 PM
qqqqqqq

ZERO HOUR!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:44 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Galan007
The Keeper is a version of SS from the distant future.

This version of SS has the Quantum Bands, and is able to use them to their "full potential".

Keeper appeared in "Guardians of the Galaxy" #24-#25.

hey,
thanks for the info.
don't really get any comics (with any regularity) around here... have to go into central London to find them sad

any websites that have scans?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:05 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by janus77
hey,
thanks for the info.
don't really get any comics (with any regularity) around here... have to go into central London to find them sad

any websites that have scans?
Browse through the respect threads on this site.

They are packed with scans.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:07 PM