KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Word vs. Destiny of the Endless

The Word vs. Destiny of the Endless
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The Word vs. Destiny of the Endless

Who is more powerful?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 04:17 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: The Word vs. Destiny of the Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Who is more powerful?

Destiny is powerful. Word is Spectre's Brother. Guy222 is unsure.

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 04:33 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by guy222
Guy222 is unsure.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 04:34 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

i am ommipotent laughing out loud

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 04:36 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

it's hard to talk about the how 'powerful' the endless are. Destiny doesn't really have feats because he doesn't really ever take action.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 06:22 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Hard to say who'd win. Some people believe them both to be the same being, as when The Word talks about Destiny he seems to be talking about himself.. And they both dress similar. It is left up to the readers to make up if they are the same being.

The Word

Old Post Feb 24th, 2007 07:35 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 06:17 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Word is incredibly powerful, but his actions are still little more than a story in Destiny's book. Though the Word might be able to momentarily destroy the vessel/avatar Destiny resides in, he would not be able to destroy the concept Destiny represents.

Overall,
I'd say Destiny.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 04:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Does he actually need to destroy the concept? I'd think that just like with marvel abstracts, destroying the avatar would suffice. Just like how Anomaly still existed but at the same time Maelstrom unquestionably killed him.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 11:40 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by King Kandy
Does he actually need to destroy the concept? I'd think that just like with marvel abstracts, destroying the avatar would suffice. Just like how Anomaly still existed but at the same time Maelstrom unquestionably killed him.

You're thinking in terms of marvel abstracts. This is DC.

For the purposes of a fight, he could destroy the avatar and call that a win, I suppose.

But abstracts in DC are a gordian knot to truly destroy.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 11:55 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

So are marvel Abstracts. The concept always still exists (cept when Beyonder destroyed death.) but the Avatar can be killed and that should be a win.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 12:00 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

The Word.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 09:55 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Destiny has intimate knowledge of all alternate outcomes in this fight.

No big deal to pick a path to victory

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 12:32 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

The Word. They both hold a book that contains everything in it. The Word could take him out, but of course that would mess a heck of a lot up in the DC Universe, sorta like when Lucifer threatened Death.

The Word

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:00 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by King Kandy
but the Avatar can be killed and that should be a win.
Yeah as far as this fight goes, The Word could and would take out Destiny's avatar, giving him a 'forum win'. However, I was speaking in terms of overall power/role, and in that aspect Destiny is superior, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 1st, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2008 11:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote