KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which team would you hire?

Which team would you hire?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Captain America's team 9 52.94%
Cyclops' team 1 5.88%
Black Panther's team 1 5.88%
Reed Richard's team 6 35.29%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Assume you're the Mayor of a large city ridden with crime by both ordinary criminals and super-villains. You have created an ad to hire a team of super-heroes to clean up your city. Which team will you hire? Consider team balance as well as personalities.

Team A: Captain America, Spiderman, Human Torch, White Queen, and Hercules

Team B: Cyclops, Dare Devil, Iron Man, Invisible Woman, and Thing

Team C: Black Panther, Deadpool, Vision, Iceman, and She-Hulk

Team D: Reed Richards, Wolverine, Namor, Storm, and Colossus

Please state your reason for choosing your team.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:37 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Team D

ReedRichards and Namor would be able to provide my city with technology that the others (even BP) could not.

Also thanks to Namor any ports in my city would be well protected.

Storm can maintain climate conditions that would be benificial to tourism.

Having Colossus and Wolvie means that no matter what happens the team will have inspiration to keep going.

As a group enemies of all types will be easy to face.

The group also has several charismatic members who are good for PR and is more racially diverse than some of the others which (as mayor) will make me popular with the voters.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:46 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

team A

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:48 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

OMG! Talk about mismatch.

Teams C & D are easily the more powerful.

Team C - Panthers resourses/tech, Icemans power, DP's healing and assassin skills, She-Hulks stregth and Visions intangibility. Also Bobby and Deadpools wisecracks during battle would be classic.

Team D - Reeds brain, Namors power with the help of Many Atlanteans and tech, Colossus's strength and durability, Storms powers, Wolvies healing factor.

Teams A and B would be a good fight for 3rd place contacts. Still both powerful but not as much as C and D imo.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:49 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

very nice explanation sym, you even considered your popularity with the citizenry!

make sure to submit your vote in the poll!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:50 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jrodslam
OMG! Talk about mismatch.

Teams C & D are easily the more powerful.

Team C - Panthers resourses/tech, Icemans power, DP's healing and assassin skills, She-Hulks stregth and Visions intangibility. Also Bobby and Deadpools wisecracks during battle would be classic.

Team D - Reeds brain, Namors power with the help of Many Atlanteans and tech, Colossus's strength and durability, Storms powers, Wolvies healing factor.

Teams A and B would be a good fight for 3rd place contacts. Still both powerful but not as much as C and D imo.

I tried to make each team as balanced as possible, but obviously I couldn't make all four teams completely equal and tried to have each team be better than the others at something.

Team A has one of the best leaders in Cap, a brilliant and the strongest street leveler in Spiderman, a powerful being if used correctly in Torch, the only real telepath in White Queen, and one of the strongest bricks in Hercules.

Team B has a powerful leader in Cyclops, a versatile street leveler in DD, a technogenius with great resources and powerful all around fighter in Iron Man, an incredibly useful ally in Invisible Woman, and a great brick with heart in Thing.

So don't discount any of these teams! and submit your votes!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:54 AM
jrodslam

Originally posted by masterbruce
I tried to make each team as balanced as possible, but obviously I couldn't make all four teams completely equal and tried to have each team be better than the others at something.

Team A has one of the best leaders in Cap, a brilliant and the strongest street leveler in Spiderman, a powerful being if used correctly in Torch, the only real telepath in White Queen, and one of the strongest bricks in Hercules.

Team B has a powerful leader in Cyclops, a versatile street leveler in DD, a technogenius with great resources and powerful all around fighter in Iron Man, an incredibly useful ally in Invisible Woman, and a great brick with heart in Thing.

So don't discount any of these teams! and submit your votes!

No no. Im sorry if i made it seem like the was discounting the first 2 teams. Its just that the last 2 would have the city on more of a lockdown imo. Wakandan and Atlantean tech > anything Ironman has to offer. It does help that Emma is the only telepath out of the 4 groups. Im just saying that if i was a criminal, id be much more fearful of teams c&d.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:00 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I just voted for Cyclops' team.

Cyclops is the most powerful leader, he could take out entire groups of villains with area wide blasts. He's also a very level headed leader and sure to instill trust among his teammates.

Dare Devil is a very street savy crime fighter, and his unique senses will allow him to contribute to his team.

Iron Man is a genius and has enough resources to supply the entire team. He's also extremely powerful and versatile and can handle all types of situations.

Invisible Woman can not only protect every teammate with her shields, she could also use her invisibility and forcefields in other more creative ways. She is an invaluable member.

The Thing is the heart of this team. He will fight on and never give up no matter the odds and this will inspire his teammates as well. He's also incredibly strong and tough and his humorous presence will be loved by his fellow teammates.

This is a cohesive team that will be very powerful to face against.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:03 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

We're worried about cleaning up the city?

The White Queen mind ****s EVERY criminal into mopping and sweeping. They subsequently jump off the nearest bridge and drown themselves.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:31 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Soljer
We're worried about cleaning up the city?

The White Queen mind ****s EVERY criminal into mopping and sweeping. They subsequently jump off the nearest bridge and drown themselves.

And then you have CivilWar all over again not very good for the mayor.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:32 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
And then you have CivilWar all over again not very good for the mayor.

agreed. I don't think abusing your power and possibly making human rights violations will ingratiate you with your citizenry.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:36 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

But the citizens will never notice. Emma makes all that happens happen invisibly.

No one's the wiser.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:38 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

But the citizens will never notice. Emma makes all that happens happen invisibly.

No one's the wiser.

No one will notice the stench of rotting corpses in the river system?

I guess you could lobotomize the citizens.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:42 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

No one will notice the stench of rotting corpses in the river system?

I guess you could lobotomize the citizens.

The 'jump into the river and drown themselves' wasn't meant to be literal.

My very post itself was a joke -_-.

You people take these things too seriously.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:43 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The 'jump into the river and drown themselves' wasn't meant to be literal.

My very post itself was a joke -_-.

You people take these things too seriously.

A joke.

This is not a concept I have previously encountered on KMC. Everyone here seems to be completely emotionless.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:44 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

A joke.

This is not a concept I have previously encountered on KMC. Everyone here seems to be completely emotionless.

Seems that way. no expression.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:45 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Join Us Soljer. Join Us.

You Will Be Happy.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:48 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Defenders, minus Hulk, because Hulk would f*ck over the city instead... or I could just have Strange and Surfer heal everything back.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:48 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by bigbran
Defenders, minus Hulk, because Hulk would f*ck over the city instead... or I could just have Strange and Surfer heal everything back.

*points and laughs*

Would be a good group though.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:49 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

*points and laughs*

Would be a good group though.
I know... but I don't abide by pre-made rules in threads, when I don't feel like it...

Tool.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote