KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)

superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)

superman from the story where he fought ds and took him to the sun vs black adam from ww 3. they both have the stae of mind to kill the ohter. who wins this anger fest?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:20 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Re: superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
superman from the story where he fought ds and took him to the sun vs black adam from ww 3. they both have the stae of mind to kill the ohter. who wins this anger fest?

black adam punches a hole through supes head.(i wish)

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:26 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)

Originally posted by quanchi112

I'm going to go with Supes on this one. Sundipped he was capable of pushing War World at faster than light speed through space (a planet sized spaceship).

People like to point out the Superman vs. Darkseid fight a lot, so I thought I would add this: last time they fought and Darkseid slammed Superman into the Source wall, Superman was not amped up like he was during their fight. If you look closely at the fight where Superman pushed Darkseid into the source wall, not only did he have a sundip, but he purposely pushed Darkseid close to the outside of the sun so that the amount of yellow sun radiation that he was getting would have been tens to hundreds of times more intense than he would be getting normally. That was at a constant level too, on top of getting sundipped right before that.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:30 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Re: Re: superman(sundipped)vs black adam (ww3)

Originally posted by Kutulu
I'm going to go with Supes on this one. Sundipped he was capable of pushing War World at faster than light speed through space (a planet sized spaceship).

People like to point out the Superman vs. Darkseid fight a lot, so I thought I would add this: last time they fought and Darkseid slammed Superman into the Source wall, Superman was not amped up like he was during their fight. If you look closely at the fight where Superman pushed Darkseid into the source wall, not only did he have a sundip, but he purposely pushed Darkseid close to the outside of the sun so that the amount of yellow sun radiation that he was getting would have been tens to hundreds of times more intense than he would be getting normally. That was at a constant level too, on top of getting sundipped right before that.
i still think darkseid gets a majority against a reg supes. i think ds takes 6 of 10 against a reg supes. by regular i mean not pissed or sunamped. we all must agree that a sundip makes him very powerful. black adam was very powerful in ww 3. thats why i though this would be a fun vs.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

BA ftw.

Supes has a normal human beings resistence to magic.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
BA ftw.

I thought that his weakness to magic has diminished over the last couple decades?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:42 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

BA ftw.

i dont think ba wins this. but im glad to hear a dissenting opinion.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I thought that his weakness to magic has diminished over the last couple decades?
Depends on the writer.

But on average, Superman has been shown as weaker to magic...

Now whether or not this weakness decreases by sundipping, I'm not sure.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, which is why he's not particularly weak towards it, but he's not resistant either.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:44 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

BA ftw.

But his health and constitution are way above a human..so if a normal human takes 50 points of damage and dies from magicl lightning...does anybody think the same 50 points of damage would kill supes?...no unless its a magic spell which saps his life force(health)..supes will still have a huge well of health way above a normal human

Superman for the win

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:47 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by starlock
But his health and constitution are way above a human..so if a normal human takes 50 points of damage and dies from magicl lightning...does anybody think the same 50 points of damage would kill supes?...no unless its a magic spell which saps his life force(health)..supes will still have a huge well of health way above a normal human

Superman for the win
yes even though superman does have a weakness still to magic. somehow its not as easy as some people would have u think. supes for the win.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:19 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

BA ftw.

I know this was said YEARS ago...but it's been proven time and time again that it's not the case. Especially in recent arcs where he's been actively working to reduce that "weakness" by training/talking with Zatanna.

Magic is most effective against him if he's completely unaware. When he is aware...he is far more adept/resistant to it.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Last edited by Avlon on Jul 26th, 2007 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:20 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I know this was said YEARS ago...but it's been proven time and time again that it's not the case. Especially in recent arcs where he's been actively working to reduce that "weakness" by training/talking with Zatanna.

Magic is most effective against him if he's completely unaware. When he is aware...he is far more adept/resistant to it.
"YEARS ago"?

It was stated in Action Comics Annual #10 (2007), that Supes is just as weak to magic as a human being... confused

I'm not pulling this out of my arse, just restating what was said on panel. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

"YEARS ago"?

It was stated in Action Comics Annual #10 (2007), that Supes is just as weak to magic as a human being... confused

I'm not pulling this out of my arse, just restating what was said on panel. smile
well if this is true then superman still has this weakness but can still beat someone with magic like he has in the past. its not so cut and dry to say if someone possesses magic that they can beat superman. plus in this thread sundipped is quite a boost of adrenaline for superman. i feel ba doesnt go down without a fight but that he does go down.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:36 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Are Black Adam's punches considered magical or is he just strengthened by magic?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:43 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G-Mafia
sippin' DP eatin' lobsta'

Sun-dipped Superman does to Black Adam, what Black Adam did to PP. yes

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:51 PM
G-Mafia is currently offline Click here to Send G-Mafia a Private Message Find more posts by G-Mafia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

"YEARS ago"?

Never said you pulled anything out of your "arse." Your claim to his magic weakness however is greatly exaggerated compared to his on panel depictions.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:07 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Superman ftw.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:15 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Never said you pulled anything out of your "arse."
Never said you did. stick out tongue

Your claim to his magic weakness however is greatly exaggerated compared to his on panel depictions.
I didn't exaggerate anything.... I was just going by whats stated on the panel...

"He is as susceptible as humans to the super science called magic...."

"The chaotic random power within beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk, and Black Adam":

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:24 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Never said you did. stick out tongue

I didn't exaggerate anything.... I was just going by whats stated on the panel...

"He is as susceptible as humans to the super science called magic...."

"The chaotic random power within beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk, and Black Adam":

(please log in to view the image)

I'm aware of the issue...stated by the same Lex who was given Supermans secret identity in his hand and did not believe it.

Unless you believe humans can take the brunt of magical blasts that Superman has taken many times. Island destroying magical blast? Hellfire? Magical lightning from shazam himself? Best resistance to Disciples magic (and that was including magic resistant characters like WW and Zauriel), denting Diana's bracelets...etc.

And this is before his training with Zatanna to strengthen his defense to magic...which takes place AFTER that annual.

Last edited by Avlon on Jul 26th, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:45 PM