KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer

Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer

in theory, the MO would repair his weaknesses to red sunlight and k-nite. it would greatly enhance his invulnerability through amped healing as well. there might be other benefits too, but i'll let someone else enumerate them.

could this h/p version of superman beat galactus's most powerful herald?

shifty

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see. the Motherbox and tech could be ripped off of Superman before he knows what's happening.
or Surfer goes intangible, merges into Superman, and destroys the tech that way...

there's many many ways Surfer beats Superman.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:29 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see. the Motherbox and tech could be ripped off of Superman before he knows what's happening.
or Surfer goes intangible, merges into Superman, and destroys the tech that way...

there's many many ways Surfer beats Superman.

THE MB can pretty much do anything the surfer can.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:30 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

even so, technology < innate power.
a living weapon is more nimble than an instrument, even in the hands of a virtuoso.

also, Surfer thinks 1000s of times faster than Superman. again, no sale. Surfer will strip Superman of whatever temporary advantages he might possess as a result of the thread stipulations.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:35 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Surfer's still too fast for Superman to even see.
Not true. Superman can go lightyears in moments too.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:53 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Juntai
Not true. Superman can go lightyears in moments too.

too vague.

quite a few characters can travel beyond lightspeed. Surfer just happens to do so in the multiples of 100s, whereas Superman barely gets to lightspeed at his very best.

also, Surfer is adapted to such dimensions and speeds, Superman is not. thought process, "sight" (Surfer's nascent clairvoyance imo is a factor of his time-space traversing speeds)...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 05:59 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

too vague.

quite a few characters can travel beyond lightspeed. Surfer just happens to do so in the multiples of 100s, whereas Superman barely gets to lightspeed at his very best.

also, Surfer is adapted to such dimensions and speeds, Superman is not. thought process, "sight" (Surfer's nascent clairvoyance imo is a factor of his time-space traversing speeds)...
Yah, but in a recent comic, he went over 25 lightyears in a moments time. Do the math, that's more than hundreds of times lightspeed.
Surfer has similar feats, such as one at the beginning of Annihilation, so I don't know why you'd downplay either of them to those levels, especially playing Superman down to speeds he's surpassed many years ago. Superman only limits himself to sub-lightspeed on Earth due to environmental damage.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 06:05 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Supes will definitely take a solid majority. The MB eliminates his main weaknesses and amps his overall stats considerably.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:01 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Supes will definitely take a solid majority. The MB eliminates his main weaknesses and amps his overall stats considerably.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Surfer still can transmute Superman. Or drain him of his power. I don't see how the MB makes him immune to K-nite either. People are just full of dung in here. Supes with a MB got his ass handed to him, and people are tryna to say it make him omnipotent and unstoppable. Who's actually buying this BS?! Superman gets beat by a superior foe the same way he always does. MB turns Supes into the SS?! LMAO. SS spears him with spikey knuckles FTW.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:14 PM
Surfer's Rules is currently offline Click here to Send Surfer's Rules a Private Message Find more posts by Surfer's Rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

don't read a lot of dc do you? no expression

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:19 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
Surfer still can transmute Superman. Or drain him of his power. I don't see how the MB makes him immune to K-nite either. People are just full of dung in here. Supes with a MB got his ass handed to him, and people are tryna to say it make him omnipotent and unstoppable. Who's actually buying this BS?! Superman gets beat by a superior foe the same way he always does. MB turns Supes into the SS?! LMAO. SS spears him with spikey knuckles FTW.

Surfer can not win a fist fight against Supes. That is one fight Superman will always win...10/10

Thor has no problem hitting the Surfer...so, I doubt Supes will either. Hell, if Black Panther is fast enough to get an armbar on SS...then, there is no telling what Superman would do to him...lol

Over all...this is a good fight....I'll take Superman for the majority....7/10

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:26 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by leonidas
don't read a lot of dc do you? no expression

Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything. There were some inaccurate claims made and I acknowledged that. Superman still doesn't have a chance against the vastly more versatile Surfer. Don't see how the MB helps him at all.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:27 PM
Surfer's Rules is currently offline Click here to Send Surfer's Rules a Private Message Find more posts by Surfer's Rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything. There were some inaccurate claims made and I acknowledged that. Superman still doesn't have a chance against the vastly more versatile Surfer. Don't see how the MB helps him at all.

Does not compute.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:32 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by llagrok
Does not compute.

Wha? With the MB Supes is still nowhere near as versatile as Surfer. And isn't immune to everything as some would try to claim. That's just a flat out lie, and you know it. If that's gonna be your story then more power to yah, but anyone who gives it, I don't know, a second of thought knows it not the case.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:37 PM
Smurf's Martian
Restricted

Account Restricted

Der

Last edited by illadelph on Jul 29th, 2007 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:42 PM
Smurf's Martian is currently offline Click here to Send Smurf's Martian a Private Message Find more posts by Smurf's Martian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Overkill. Some hope of exploiting Supermans weaknesses are Surfer's only chance. Removing that opportunity leads to Surfer on the receiving end of a massive beatdown.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:51 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurf's Martian
Restricted

Account Restricted

Der

Last edited by illadelph on Jul 29th, 2007 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:53 PM
Smurf's Martian is currently offline Click here to Send Smurf's Martian a Private Message Find more posts by Smurf's Martian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman without the motherbox is a match for the surfer, this just tips the scale in Superman's favour. He shouldn't have any problems taking it at least 8/10

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:53 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurf's Martian
Restricted

Account Restricted

Der

Last edited by illadelph on Jul 29th, 2007 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 10:58 PM