KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel Earth: Test of Strength #1 - Wolverine

The Strongest There Is, Is:
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hulk 2 22.22%
Juggernaut 2 22.22%
Sentry 4 44.44%
Thor 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marvel Earth: Test of Strength #1 - Wolverine
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Marvel Earth: Test of Strength #1 - Wolverine

objective:
In an arena the size of Milan's San Siro, a Berserk Wolverine is contained within a 12' sq adamantium box, the box is 6" thick of purest adamantium.

Each contestant has 2 minutes to remove Wolverine from the box, subdue him and then bfr him from there.

The contestant to bfr Wolverine the furthest distance wins.

rules:
all contestants are limited to using their hands/claws to extract Wolverine from the box, and they may not fly/leap/levitate at any moment during the tossing of Wolverine. in other words, the contestant must have at least one foot in contact with the ground at the time of launching Wolverine.

as far as subduing goes, it is not necessary to kill Wolverine or make him unconscious, though such actions will be looked upon favourably :looksmile:, if they were to happen.

the contestants:
Hulk (current)
Sentry
Juggernaut
Thor (most recent)

please state your reasoning along with your choice of character.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:29 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Sentry. He's the fastest, and he seemed to be impervious to Wolverine's claws.

Sure, the Juggernaut and the Hulk are pretty impervious to them as well, but they're nowhere near as fast - they may not even catch Wolverine within the two minute time frame.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 07:28 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:13 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Hulk maybe, weird conditions.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:15 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulkcpbifiussjf

senrty too fast

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 10:07 PM
hulkcpbifiussjf is currently offline Click here to Send hulkcpbifiussjf a Private Message Find more posts by hulkcpbifiussjf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Holy shit, just realized that it's a twelve square foot box.

That's a 3x4 room - I dunno if the Hulk'd even FIT!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 10:27 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
Holy shit, just realized that it's a twelve square foot box.

That's a 3x4 room - I dunno if the Hulk'd even FIT!

Well he probably means 12 by 12

But if it is 3x4 then there's no way to fit both combatants no matter who they are.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 10:33 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well he probably means 12 by 12

But if it is 3x4 then there's no way to fit both combatants no matter who they are.

Sure there is.

Two people could easily fit in 3x4. They'd be really close, but they'd fit.

and, I mean, the Hulk'd fit - but he'd be awfully cramped, I dunno if he'd even be able to lift his arms...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 10:39 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

lol, umm Wolverine is inside the box, going beserk.
the objective is to smash him out of the box, then subdue him adequately so as to be able to comfortably fling him to the farthest reaches...

if Hulk was in a 12' box, his body mass alone would have snuffed out Wolverine, denying him room for his lungs to work or pretty much anything else.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:25 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Do any know how strong adamantium is? I don't think any of these could even break through the box. Not even Sentry could damage Ultron. And certainly not being able to break the box wouldn't make hulk any madder. No one here could even get poor wolverine out of the box.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:34 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

Originally posted by h1a8
Do any know how strong adamantium is? I don't think any of these could even break through the box. Not even Sentry could damage Ultron. And certainly not being able to break the box wouldn't make hulk any madder. No one here could even get poor wolverine out of the box.

To my knowledge, Hulk has broken an adamantium needle and smashed through a outter robot shell made of adamantine... might have been ultimate version im not sure.... I think Juggy in classic form has "flexed" his way out of adamantine once encased in a cocoon of it... im not sure though. Altough, Juggy's strength is infinite so i think he would beable too. The man concern is when hitting the box, (say a smashing downward) it mostlikely will just be forced into the ground rather than the box breaking. I dont think either of them have the arm span to grip the box from both sides to crush in or rip apart

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 12:08 AM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Thor could do it with his hammer, but other than that, I think Juggernaut is the only person who's powerful enough to smash the box in two minutes.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 12:40 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
To my knowledge, Hulk has broken an adamantium needle and smashed through a outter robot shell made of adamantine... might have been ultimate version im not sure.... I think Juggy in classic form has "flexed" his way out of adamantine once encased in a cocoon of it... im not sure though. Altough, Juggy's strength is infinite so i think he would beable too. The man concern is when hitting the box, (say a smashing downward) it mostlikely will just be forced into the ground rather than the box breaking. I dont think either of them have the arm span to grip the box from both sides to crush in or rip apart

Please don't confuse infinite strength with being able to gain more and more strength. To have infinite strength is to have it all at one time. Having the potential for unlimited strength is able to gain more and more strength.
Juggs never had infinite strength at one time. For he could bust out of anything instantaneously or knock someone an infinite amount of distance away with infinite speed, etc. But it took him significant time many times to bust out of being trapped. Plus 8th day Juggs was stronger. And thus proving Juggs doesn't have infinite strength at one time.

Hulk is probably able to do it provided he gets angry enough (something he's not going to do here since there is no reason for it). And it is pure speculation whether Juggs can increase his strength. For nothing on panel shows this (only greenmail). And it should be noted that greenmail stuff isn't acceptible due to writers being able to change their minds over time, different writers have different opinions, and that minority opinion could be the actual writers of a specific character. But once something appears on panel with frequency then it is set in stone and no writer can change it without literally and explicitly changing it on panel (like taking away Thor's time travel ability).

Lastly pure adamantium is used here in this thread (which is true adamant) and not secondary (like wolverine's). There are at least three levels of adamantium alloy in marvel. Pure adamantium is hardly seen (hercules' mace is made out of it though). Honestly, I don't see any here even affecting pure adamantium (especially 6" thick of it).

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 01:55 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

Originally posted by h1a8
Please don't confuse infinite strength with being able to gain more and more strength. To have infinite strength is to have it all at one time. Having the potential for unlimited strength is able to gain more and more strength.
Juggs never had infinite strength at one time. For he could bust out of anything instantaneously or knock someone an infinite amount of distance away with infinite speed, etc. But it took him significant time many times to bust out of being trapped. Plus 8th day Juggs was stronger. And thus proving Juggs doesn't have infinite strength at one time.

Hulk is probably able to do it provided he gets angry enough (something he's not going to do here since there is no reason for it). And it is pure speculation whether Juggs can increase his strength. For nothing on panel shows this (only greenmail). And it should be noted that greenmail stuff isn't acceptible due to writers being able to change their minds over time, different writers have different opinions, and that minority opinion could be the actual writers of a specific character. But once something appears on panel with frequency then it is set in stone and no writer can change it without literally and explicitly changing it on panel (like taking away Thor's time travel ability).

Lastly pure adamantium is used here in this thread (which is true adamant) and not secondary (like wolverine's). There are at least three levels of adamantium alloy in marvel. Pure adamantium is hardly seen (hercules' mace is made out of it though). Honestly, I don't see any here even affecting pure adamantium (especially 6" thick of it).

I never get those infinite with always increasing confused. Juggy's strength doesnt increase... but it was stated limitless..... and he did flex his way out of a 50 foot cocoon... in a second

And that greenmail statement was the same week the particularly concerning comic came out... it wasnt a changed opinion as it was that for some time..."

Thor could damage the adamantium since he dented caps shield correct? which was stated stronger than adamantium. I dont think he could break it in 2 minutess. if you relook at my post, i dont think they have a way of breaking it though because the force would drive the box into the floor or backwards before breaking

Last edited by Hannibal-Lector on Sep 1st, 2007 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 02:01 AM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

sentry tp for the win he mind controls wolverine into coming out of the box and curling up into a ball so he can throw him

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 02:10 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I'm assuming that the roof of the box is open....erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 03:47 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
I never get those infinite with always increasing confused. Juggy's strength doesnt increase... but it was stated limitless..... and he did flex his way out of a 50 foot cocoon... in a second

And that greenmail statement was the same week the particularly concerning comic came out... it wasnt a changed opinion as it was that for some time..."

Thor could damage the adamantium since he dented caps shield correct? which was stated stronger than adamantium. I dont think he could break it in 2 minutess. if you relook at my post, i dont think they have a way of breaking it though because the force would drive the box into the floor or backwards before breaking

Cap shield is made of Vibranium and proto-adamantium (the one before true adamantium). Which is stronger than true adamantium. This should be what pure adamantium is.

Are you saying Juggs has infinite strength? confused
You know the consequences of that don't you?
He would be able to hit anyone an infinite distance away with infinite speed. Things that he don't do.
He would also be able to break from things instantaneously. For he was trapped many times before being able to break free. 8th day Juggs was stronger. So how can one with infinite strength be weaker than another.
Or how can one with infinite strength not be able to break free instantaneously. Or how can one with infinite strength not be able to hit someone infinite distance away and with infinite speed.

So Juggs with infinite strength is total bullocks. I would rather believe that his strength increases. And isn't that what greenmail actually said?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 10:31 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Cap's shield contains zero adamantium. It's a steel/vibranium mixture that is stronger than true adamantium, and it in and of itself was called proto-adamantium (as adamantium was created in a failed attempt to recreate the metal that comprises cap's shield), however, it is NOT adamantium in any way shape or form.

Just an fyi.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 10:36 AM
DEVILHULK
Restricted

Account Restricted

Current Hulk is said to be the strongest being of material world by Greg Pak(barring abstracts)

Is this a test of strenght ? so, hulk wins as usual.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 01:45 AM
DEVILHULK is currently offline Click here to Send DEVILHULK a Private Message Find more posts by DEVILHULK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Soljer
Cap's shield contains zero adamantium. It's a steel/vibranium mixture that is stronger than true adamantium, and it in and of itself was called proto-adamantium (as adamantium was created in a failed attempt to recreate the metal that comprises cap's shield), however, it is NOT adamantium in any way shape or form.

Just an fyi.

Its not steel. Actually I did research. And I find out the several writers over the years were mistaken and made errors on panel. Several said that the shield is made of vibranium and adamantium alloy and one said vibranium and steel alloy. But the original said vibranium and an "unknown metal alloy". The unknown alloy was later implicitly retconned into proto-adamantium, which precedes true-adamantium and which its indestructibility exceeds true adamantium.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 08:35 AM