KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL/Sinestro Rings

GL/Sinestro Rings
Started by: shksprtx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

GL/Sinestro Rings

Okay, here's the idea:

Who would win in a battle between a trained GL (say, Kyle Rayner) with one ring, and a non-trained GL (say, Spider-Man) with ten rings and a month's prep?

In other words, is the number of rings more important than the depth/breadth of training and experience with them?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:08 AM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Ah,no.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:21 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think more rings means more power in a very generalised sense but I think Kyle would win for have a greater mastery over it. yes

Why couldn't this have gone in the comic book questions thread? confused

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 04:24 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: GL/Sinestro Rings

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shksprtx
Okay, here's the idea:

Who would win in a battle between a trained GL (say, Kyle Rayner) with one ring, and a non-trained GL (say, Spider-Man) with ten rings and a month's prep?

In other words, is the number of rings more important than the depth/breadth of training and experience with them?

kyle wins

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 04:33 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: GL/Sinestro Rings

No.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 04:49 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: GL/Sinestro Rings

Originally posted by Validus
No.

(please log in to view the image)

I was just about to bring that up.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:11 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd tend to think Spidey would do better with a GL ring, then he would with a yellow ring...

A yellow ring requires a certain mastery of fear to 'open it up' --- Fear is something I don't see the Spidey we all know and love, being able to master/exploit, [especially in only one months time].

IMO, he would do much better controlling the generalized 'power of will' required to unlock a GL ring's power.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 29th, 2007 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Lantern rings are based off of confidence, no?

Spidey is known for second guessing himself. I don't see him being too useful with a Lantern ring, either.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:42 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd tend to think Spidey would do better with a GL ring, then he would with a yellow ring...

A yellow ring requires a certain mastery of fear to 'open it up' --- Fear is something I don't see the Spidey we all know and love, being able to master/exploit, [especially in only one months time].

IMO, he would do much better controlling the generalized 'power of will' required to unlock a GL ring's power.

He'd do better but a master GL like Hal or Kyle would still be able to shut him down like Sinestro did to Hal there. John Stewart has done something like that before to rookie Lanterns.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:46 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Validus
He'd do better but a master GL like Hal or Kyle would still be able to shut him down like Sinestro did to Hal there. John Stewart has done something like that before to rookie Lanterns.
Ohh Don't get me wrong, Kyle would still wipe his ass with Spidey...

I just think Spidey would do better against him with a GL ring, instead of a SC ring.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 08:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Soljer
Lantern rings are based off of confidence, no?

I think it's willpower actually yes

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 09:13 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rico777

Master Kyle wins this.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 09:34 PM
rico777 is currently offline Click here to Send rico777 a Private Message Find more posts by rico777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman gets squashed, hah.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 09:39 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by willRules
I think it's willpower actually yes

mad You know what I meant. A Green Lantern who isn't confident in his abilities will not be able to utilize them.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 10:52 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Fair enough stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 11:43 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think having a bunch of rings would only help you in the sense that you'd think you're going to get more juice out of it and that would help some psychologically but I doubt it'd help that much.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 12:05 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

My whole point is, and maybe this DOES belong in the Comic Book Questions thread, why do so many Versus Forum fights allow a non-GL/Sinestro member a whole bunch of rings with some limited prep...does the NUMBER of rings one possesses actually affect the amount of power one controls?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 05:05 AM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think it means that the GL can use each ring's charge. I'd guess it's not so much more powerful, more of an additional weapon Like having two guns as opposed to one. It's an extra weapon full of ammo.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:32 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

My whole point is, and maybe this DOES belong in the Comic Book Questions thread, why do so many Versus Forum fights allow a non-GL/Sinestro member a whole bunch of rings with some limited prep...does the NUMBER of rings one possesses actually affect the amount of power one controls?

No.

It's a common error that many assume that More Rings = More Power. You would only get minor boost and that would be from your own confidence at the fact that you BELIEVE your stronger due to the amount of rings.

Ie : Your own Ignorance powers your confidence which powers teh rings.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:50 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

That makes sense yes

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 08:28 PM