KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor, The Sub-Mariner vs Wolverine

Does Wolverine have sushi or does Namor get a new rug for his palace.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Namor, The Sub-Mariner 219 77.39%
Wolverine 64 22.61%
Total: 283 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namor, The Sub-Mariner vs Wolverine
Started by: Zahit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (163): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Namor, The Sub-Mariner vs Wolverine

No holds barred fight to the death.
It takes place in Central Park, New York.

Discuss.
Keep it reasonable.
No stupid PIS examples.....

Last edited by Zahit on Jun 21st, 2005 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:11 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Namor wins

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:14 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Well.... Can Wolverine gut him like a fish?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:17 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The MISTER
Well.... Can Wolverine gut him like a fish?

Yes his claws can pierce Namor's skin (bulletproof as it is).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:38 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Namor will rip Wolverines arms away and laugh as he bleeds to death. Beating him with the arms on the same time.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 07:48 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor will rip Wolverines arms away and laugh as he bleeds to death. Beating him with the arms on the same time.
laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:01 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Namor can be hurt by Wolverine's claws, but I think Namor has the advantage, being super strong, flight, and a scion of land and sea. He could easily pound Wolverine down for a bit and drown him.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:05 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

After he has beaten Wolverine, he will declare war to entire earth-dweller world because he's not tired of fighting yet.

Like in Marvel Knights 4:

Namor: "Two tickets, please."

Museum faculty member: "Pleasedon'tkillmebecauseIamanlandweller, Pleasedon'tkillmebecauseIamanlandweller..."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

This thread just shows another portrayal on how over-rated Wolverine is, putting him against someone totally out of his league.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:29 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Originally posted by Maestro
This thread just shows another portrayal on how over-rated Wolverine is, putting him against someone totally out of his league.

This statement is rather problematic cause Wolverine's fighting skills,
experience, claws/bones, and healing would pose a danger to most
heroes or villians. Even ones far more powerful.
The problem is the way he's written. He SHOULD be using his
awesome skills and smarts to dodge and slash people to bits.
However, these days he just takes punches like he's
the Hulk and heals like a GOD. That's nonsense.

Personnally I think Namor would take Wolverine down hard,
but he'd definitely be checking in to the Our Lady of Posiedon
Hospital on the lower east side of Atlantis for some serious stitches.

Last edited by Zahit on Jun 21st, 2005 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:55 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
If you live in New York, you have to be very careful. Namor just doesn't like New York, despite the fact that he has lived there probably as much as he has lived in Atlantis. He's always invading it, or submerging it, or just plain ripping up the streets on general principles. Now that he's a respectable business man, one assumes he has the appropriate insurance to cover his occasional lapses in surface-world etiquette. Or not...after all, this is the same guy who feels justified in putting clones out of their "misery" or crushing the occasional mad magician's skull with his very own royal hands.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:21 PM
jinzin

personally, I think that wolvie could beat namor...I'll elaborate later...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 10:18 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

I think Namor dies drowning Wolverine.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:25 PM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

With all the serious blows to the head, Namor turns Wolverine into a vegetable.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:40 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think he'd just trap wolvie under a rock in the water

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 11:54 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namor. He lifts 200,000 tons ut of water. That means out of water he can punch Wolvie's head off. In water, well, i dont even wanna get into that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 01:50 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by armandovalles
Namor. He lifts 200,000 tons ut of water. That means out of water he can punch Wolvie's head off. In water, well, i dont even wanna get into that.

Namor has never been any stronger than 85 ton in water 40 ton out of water.

He still crushes Wolverine. cool

Attachment: ironman_techfly.jpg
This has been downloaded 1428 time(s).

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:59 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
derrick24
Restricted

Account Restricted

i see that we have a lot of wolverine haters in here. To be honest i think that if wolverine fights any kind of brawler (which that is what namor is) and his claws affect that person, wolverine will win.

Oh and also i have been doing a little research and it showed that wolverine has mastered every fighting style on the planet. Namor lose just like he lost in the other encounter he had with wolverine.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 06:12 AM
derrick24 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick24 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yes, well, pardon me if I don't believe that your research is correct. How did it show that Wolverine has mastered every fighting style?

And how will Wolverine defeat Namor? Please, tell me. I still need my dose of insane rambling today. It always makes me laugh.

Namor has knocked out Hulk with one punch. What would happen to Wolverine?

And Tony Stark, Namor is currently Class 100. Here are some of his feats:

quote:
#118. Namor soundly defeated the Hulk, by knockout, in a huge underwater collision. Hulk was knocked from Atlantis all the way to the mainland shore where he laid unconscious and then reverted back to Banner. Namor was rocked but never lost consciousness. Off the top of my head these are some of Namor's best feats. In no particular order they are:

1)Namor carried a 50 ton anchor, with one arm while flying in the air.

2)Namor lifted a huge portion of an undersea mountain that Orka's whales dropped on him.

3)Lifted an oil tanker that weighed in excess of 110,000 tons.

4)Lifted a sub-marine from the bottom of the sea and placed it safely on shore.

5)Lifted a 2,000 ton destroyer and slammed it into Attuma.

6)Namor can absorb millions of volts of electricity and use it as a weapon by throwing it at his opponents.

6)Namor can see and find invisible objects because he posseses the powers of the blind cave fish that has a radar sense.

7)Survived unharmed, in a fall from space after battling the Stalkers.

8)Namor took a direct head shot from Thor's hammer which only made him madder.

9)Was only minorly stunned when Krang's fision bomb exploded while Namor was holding it. This is equivalent to a small nuke.

10)Namor drilled through miles of sea rock by spinning his body at tremendous speed.

11)Namor has created great tidal waves. In one TTA #100 he wiped out an entire island and the Hulk along with it.

12) While being held by Magneto's power Namor slammed his fists so hard to the ground that the earth quaked for hundred's of miles.

13) Namor, as are all Atlanteas, is totally impervious to the affects of radiation.

These are just a few that come to mind. There are many more. Remember, Namor only uses his natural birthed hybrid strength. He needs no cosmic or gamma rays, no armor, no weapons or hammers. It's just his Atlantean-human blood, muscle, and bone!

A few nights ago on television they put up a virtual battle pitting a Polar Bear against a Walrus. It was unanimous that on land the Polar Bear was more vicious and more powerful than the Walrus. But, the Walrus pulled the Bear into the water, it's own natural element, and killed the bear. It was acknowledged that not only was the Walrus stronger, faster, and more agile in the water but the Bears strength and power was not as affective. Had the Bear kept the Walrus on land the Bear would've killed the Walrus by wearing him down and keeping him out of his element. This the Hulk needs to learn. Hulk has done many more impressive feats than Namor except when they battle in the water, it's Namor's element, and Hulk is second best.
My point? The Hulk is the Polar Bear and Namor is the Walrus(All respects to John Lennon)

Namor will defeat Wolverine so easy that it is not even funny. He can just rip his hands away, walk to the water with Wolverine's handless body and drown him. Or fly with him 10 miles up and dropping him from there. Or just beat Wolverine to death with his own legs. Make your pick.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Jun 22nd, 2005 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:44 AM
jrodslam

Originally posted by derrick24
i see that we have a lot of wolverine haters in here. To be honest i think that if wolverine fights any kind of brawler (which that is what namor is) and his claws affect that person, wolverine will win.

Oh and also i have been doing a little research and it showed that wolverine has mastered every fighting style on the planet. Namor lose just like he lost in the other encounter he had with wolverine.

I may be a Wolverine hater, but I can admit when he outclasses someone. Namor has Wolverine clearly outclassed in this fight however. True Wolvernie does know many styles of fighting, but mastered every style on the planet? I dont know about that one.

Namor is also very fluent in multiple forms of fighting as well. For he has mastered every form of Atlanten fighting as well as learned new ones from his time with Captain America back in the WW2 days.

And about Namor and Wolverines last encounter in the Invaders series? That was the WORST Namor fight in the history of Namor fights. As a true fan of Namor, we all know what hes capable of enduring. The book after doesnt even have Namor healed. Once he's in contact with water, his healing factor kicks in tremendously. Wolverine takes 2 clear punches and doesnt even hit the ground? Smells like BS to me. Namors reflexes are horribly shown. And when Wolverine is caught in an explosion, he stands in the fire without his skin OR clothes burning? Talk about trying to make someone GOD level.

In the first encounter, Wolverines claws didnt even have an effect on Namor. The Invaders series has destoryed the Namor we all have grown to love over the years. Hopefully when the new Defenders series comes out, they(writers) will restore Namor to glory.

But classic Namor destroys classic Wolverine anyday. No hate, just truth.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 09:41 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote