KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sodam Yat vs Sentry

Sodam Yat vs Sentry
Started by: Evolve

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evolve
KMC Herald

Sodam Yat vs Sentry

Pre-Ion Yat vs Sentry.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 02:26 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Not enough feats to really say. Though, we do know his durability is through the roof, and he was destroying sinestro's left and right.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:08 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

He's basically around herald level without the ring. With it...
I don't really even want to say, but if Superman beats Sentry (which he does), then Yat will do so 7/10. Only a rough estimate.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:44 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sirius77
He's basically around herald level without the ring. With it...
I don't really even want to say, but if Superman beats Sentry (which he does), then Yat will do so 7/10. Only a rough estimate.
no expression

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:47 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

a Good GL will be able to get at least 6 wins out of sentry due to thier versatility. A good Daxamite would be at least equal to if not better than Sentry.

GL+Daxamite>Sentry.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:48 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
a Good GL will be able to get at least 6 wins out of sentry due to thier versatility. A good Daxamite would be at least equal to if not better than Sentry.

GL+Daxamite>Sentry.

If we go by lipservice, it'd be a stomp.

Veteran Lantern + Kryptonian level physique?

However, Yat's only feat thus far is killing some no-namers and surviving a few blasts from the anti monitor.

Not enough to say. It's still too early.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:51 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer

However, Yat's only feat thus far is killing some no-namers and surviving a few blasts from the anti monitor.

Can Sentry crank it out like the AM? Superman got the shit smacked out of him by said AM. and it was like, one pimp smack.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:52 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

I agree, we should go by feats here.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:55 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Sirius77
I agree, we should go by feats here.
Sentry wins then...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Going by feats only, Sentry beats the runner too. I like to look at what the characters have taken in dmg, as well, as offensive power.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:57 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Can Sentry crank it out like the AM? Superman got the shit smacked out of him by said AM. and it was like, one pimp smack.

Hell no, Sentry can't put out that kind of power.

But does it matter? There's no evidence that Sodam can beat Sentry. The only people he's beaten are some no-name Sinestro Corps members. Hardly too impressive.

[IMG][/IMG]

HaSon

Even by lip service, it's pretty even. Sentry's entire character is based on lip service.

HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell no, Sentry can't put out that kind of power.

But does it matter? There's no evidence that Sodam can beat Sentry. The only people he's beaten are some no-name Sinestro Corps members. Hardly too impressive.

Um. A damaxmite by thier very nature with no training would be able to fight Sentry. just some random. We are talking about a daxamite with a GL ring. I don't see what sentry can do to get past that uber daxamite invulnerablity BACKED by GL shields.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:59 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Validus
Even by lip service, it's pretty even. Sentry's entire character is based on lip service.

I meant if we did that for Yat alone - since he's the one that lacks showings. .

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:59 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Um. A damaxmite by thier very nature with no training would be able to fight Sentry. just some random. We are talking about a daxamite with a GL ring. I don't see what sentry can do to get past that uber daxamite invulnerablity BACKED by GL shields.

You have absolutely nothing to back that up with.

Sodam has: Destroyed Ranx, taken a blast from the antimonitor, killed no names, and lifted a boulder.

Those are his 'feats.'

That's what we know he can do.

Anything else is speculation.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:01 AM
HaSon

I meant if we did that for Yat alone - since he's the one that lacks showings. .

Screw this crap I'm going to bed.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:02 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Going by feats only, Sentry beats the runner too. I like to look at what the characters have taken in dmg, as well, as offensive power.
No he doesn't...

Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

You have absolutely nothing to back that up with.

Sodam has: Destroyed Ranx, taken a blast from the antimonitor, killed no names, and lifted a boulder.

Those are his 'feats.'

That's what we know he can do.

Anything else is speculation.

Flyin' . . .

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

That too, is true, lol. But if we go by his abilities and natural daximite physiology, and his skill with the ring, then he wins. By feats, he falls short, because he doesn't really have enough. Although, most gl's are mid herald levelers, same for sc's appearently. And he took out quite a few. Sentry has taken out like three herald levelers. So, with that said, a rough estimate can be made that he is most likely above or on par with sentry.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:03 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Flyin' . . .

Right, right.

He can fly at an entirely undetermined speed under his own power, and can easily use the lantern travel speed.

Still....

His two most impressive showings (Rank and the Anti Monitor) are both durability. We have no idea how formidable he is in a true fight.

And, we won't find out any time too soon, considering he's gonna be ion for at least a few months.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:05 AM