KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank The Anti-Monitor

Rank The Anti-Monitor
Started by: Shin_Nikkolas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rank The Anti-Monitor

In Marvel Cosmics, where would A-M of COIE rank?

While goob did a good job of showing that the narration itself says A-M only had the power of several mini-universes, that's been retconned.

What hasn't been retconned, or shown for that matter, is A-M actually destroying a universe under his own power.

So, I challenge anyone to prove the Anti-Monitor, before absoring the Anti-Matter Universe, could destroy a universe under his own power and nothing more.

If you can't prove this, the A-M isn't even as powerful as Galactus.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:11 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

thumb down Bait thread. I'm this close to reporting you.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:12 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trick you and Nvr have been owned on this topic several times.

You can't prove the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power and without tech.

Just admit it already.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:13 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
thumb down Bait thread. I'm this close to reporting you.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:19 AM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still waiting on proof the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 06:28 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
Still waiting on proof the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power.
No proof needed. The AM was already as powerful as the entire multiverse. When one universe died, it threw off the balance and gave the AM plus one in power. Thus creating the entire series.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:35 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed. one would think if I had the power of the multiverse, these pesky five remaining universes wouldn't be a problem...but seems A-M needed more tech

And whatcha know...same with all his other feats..

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 08:43 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 11:53 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
B.A
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets see some scans on both sides of the argument.

Respect Apollo Respect Black Goliatch

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 12:01 PM
B.A is currently offline Click here to Send B.A a Private Message Find more posts by B.A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

The Anti-Monitor seems a lot more powerful on paper than he turns out to be in practice. Absorbing the power of a unierse seems like it should make him uber, but then he gets punched around by Supergirl or the like.

I wonder if it's kind of like eating for him? I may be a bit more powerful after absorbing the energy of a Powerbar and some Gatoraide, but not infinitely so.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 01:16 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

his body got punched around

It really did 0 damage to him thou

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:25 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

You can't prove the A-M can destroy a universe under his own power and without tech.

Just admit it already.

Nor can you prove that he can't.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:33 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

You can't prove a negative. It makes no sense.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:38 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ouallada

Originally posted by Laminator_X
The Anti-Monitor seems a lot more powerful on paper than he turns out to be in practice. Absorbing the power of a unierse seems like it should make him uber, but then he gets punched around by Supergirl or the like.

I wonder if it's kind of like eating for him? I may be a bit more powerful after absorbing the energy of a Powerbar and some Gatoraide, but not infinitely so.

That's the problem with DC right there, encapsulated in the AM's showings. A being who can absorb universes and hang with the specter (never mind he is not at full power) should not be wasting time with top tiers. Too many DC villains are bigged up just to be shot down by mere top tiers.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:44 PM
Ouallada is currently offline Click here to Send Ouallada a Private Message Find more posts by Ouallada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Just admit it already.
Bait thread.

Reported.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ouallada

Originally posted by Galan007
Bait thread.

Reported.

It probably was meant to get a rise of them, but it was a pretty valid question, no? Just because it was aimed at them does not mean the question does not stand. Plus, it would be a great excuse to stop threads degenerating into SS vs superman or DS vs Thanos.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:52 PM
Ouallada is currently offline Click here to Send Ouallada a Private Message Find more posts by Ouallada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Although AM's feats in terms of destroying universes don't necisasarily imply that he had great power standing up to Spectre and surviving a blast that rewrote reality certainly does.

Originally posted by Ouallada
It probably was meant to get a rise of them, but it was a pretty valid question, no? Just because it was aimed at them does not mean the question does not stand.

Nonetheless the policy is that if someone creates a thread with the sole motive of causing an argument or attacking certain members the thread should be closed.

Plus, it would be a great excuse to stop threads degenerating into SS vs superman or DS vs Thanos.

I don't see how this thread would affect that.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 02:57 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ouallada

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Although AM's feats in terms of destroying universes don't necisasarily imply that he had great power standing up to Spectre and surviving a blast that rewrote reality certainly does.

A being who does all that should not be having problems with top tiers, yes? As I mentioned, the AM's showings were a culmination of DC's tendency to big villains up just to have the big seven take them down.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos Nonetheless the policy is that if someone creates a thread with the sole motive of causing an argument or attacking certain members the thread should be closed.

A debate and an argument are simply separated by the presence or absence of civility. If trick and nvr can be civil, I don't see why this cannot be a debate instead. I don't see how this is baiting them either. Anyone else can answer the OP's question.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos I don't see how this thread would affect that.

Assuming an intelligent debate ensues, what do SS vs superman and DS vs Thanos have to do with this thread?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 03:03 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

A being who does all that should not be having problems with top tiers, yes? As I mentioned, the AM's showings were a culmination of DC's tendency to big villains up just to have the big seven take them down.

He didn't have trouble with top tiers. Throughout the whole of COIE they kept doing more and more to weaken him. Spectre's blast sapped his power, the magicians turned his shadows into energy leeches and sent them back into him, the tuning forks were stopping or at least slowing his ability to increase his power, Darksied channeled a huge amount of energy though AM's equivalent of K-nite right into AM.

He never really had much trouble going up against top tiers. Supergirl destroyed his body sure but that didn't really do anything. Top tiers screwed up his plans but none of them ever came close to beating him IIRC.

A debate and an argument are simply separated by the presence or absence of civility. If trick and nvr can be civil, I don't see why this cannot be a debate instead. I don't see how this is baiting them either. Anyone else can answer the OP's question.

Assuming an intelligent debate ensues, what do SS vs superman and DS vs Thanos have to do with this thread?

You've made a lot of assumptions there.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 03:17 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ouallada

He didn't have trouble with top tiers. Throughout the whole of COIE they kept doing more and more to weaken him. Spectre's blast sapped his power, the magicians turned his shadows into energy leeches and sent them back into him, the tuning forks were stopping or at least slowing his ability to increase his power, Darksied channeled a huge amount of energy though AM's equivalent of K-nite right into AM.

He never really had much trouble going up against top tiers. Supergirl destroyed his body sure but that didn't really do anything. Top tiers screwed up his plans but none of them ever came close to beating him IIRC.

It wasn't so much of trouble as the fact that AM couldn't swat them like the ants like they should have been to him. I know he got hit by Spectre. I know he got poisoned by his shadows. I know that DS channeled energy through Alex to him. The point is that a being of his supposed power should not have had this much hassle at all. Even without talking purely about top tiers, DS himself should have been insignificant to the AM, which was not the case.

You've made a lot of assumptions there.

The first was to show that it does not have to be a silly, childish argument if people don't let it become one. It takes two hands to clap.

As for assumptions, I wouldn't know any more than you whether trick and nvr are going to be civil, would I? Would you prefer if I had jumped to conclusions?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 03:29 PM