KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Real Thor vs Odin

Real Thor vs Odin
Started by: Phantom Zone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

Tongue Real Thor vs Odin

Ok this is the Thor of myth of legend (not Marvel) vs marvel Odin. Who wins...i'll keep cool this time. no expression

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:13 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Odin

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Odin

Reasons?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:58 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpiderGauntlet
Not Gay!

Real Thor controls lightning and thunder and shit.
He struggles to lift the midnight serpent, yet is the only god capable of fighting the Frost Giants.
He requires 3 to 4 blows to destroy earth.
He can't untie giant iron wire.

Yeah Thor is gonna take this one.

http://moglinville.myminicity.com/
I know you want to click it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:03 PM
SpiderGauntlet is currently offline Click here to Send SpiderGauntlet a Private Message Find more posts by SpiderGauntlet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
He struggles to lift the midnight serpent, yet is the only god capable of fighting the Frost Giants.

Bro I dont even understand that post. erm

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:05 PM
Terryc250

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Bro I dont even understand that post. erm

He posted facts of what "real" Thor is capable of doing, which doesnt even come close to comparing against Odin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:54 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Terryc250
He posted facts of what "real" Thor is capable of doing, which doesnt even come close to comparing against Odin

Well I dont get cant untie giant Iron wire...when did he try to do that?

He takes 3 to 4 blows to destory earth...when did he try to do that?

I know he has created stars from a giants eyes. I also know that he has control over time and space. He had a battle of wits with Odin where he controlled the fate of a person and Odin could not stop him from doing it, so that implies that he is comparable in power with Odin. Also Odin has also said that there was a time when he needed Thors help.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:03 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The myth Asgardian gods can travel throught time and space in what they call "the speed of thought", any time or place they can conceive, they can get into.

Nevertheless, Odin can destroy a Galaxy without breaking a sweat, ancient man did not conceive such a destructive power. Thor is outclassed here.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:19 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Bentley
The myth Asgardian gods can travel throught time and space in what they call "the speed of thought", any time or place they can conceive, they can get into.

Come again?

Nevertheless, Odin can destroy a Galaxy without breaking a sweat, ancient man did not conceive such a destructive power. Thor is outclassed here.

Yeah I figured that problem after I created this thread. Well all I can say is that he has matched power with Odin of norse lore. Odin didnt just create earth but also created the dwarves and elves looking at the lore its like he basically created the earth and a universe.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:28 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The idea of the speed of thought is that speed is faster than light because by just thinking you can be in the farthest places of Earth, in the past or in the future. Thought can take you anywhere. The asgardians gods move that way.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Not comic-related.

Closed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:03 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Comics feats are generally embellished far beyond what you'll find in other avenues of literature. The "gods" as they are written in classic myths would have a hard time beating all kinds of supposedly lower-powered comic characters.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet

He manages to lift a Leg from the Cat the Midgard serpert was impersonating, also one should note that in the Myth the Midgard Serpert is what is holding the World together.

Incorrect he is far from the only God capable of during so but he is the God of which most have been written concerning figthing the Giants.

When has he ever tried to destroy midgard???

A Giant Iron Wire tied with Magic from one of the most accomplished sorcerer in the Asgardian Myth.

Also in the same myth with the Midgard Serpert he manages to almost dry out the entire earth oceans.

Also one might notice that Loki when caught and bound to the stone and condemd to forever having venom from a snake dripping into his eyes, his wife sits with a bowl but when it's full she has to remove it to empty it and when she does so and the Venom hits loki eyes he reaches to strongly that he conjure up earthquaks on the earth strength feat???

Last edited by Utrigita on Mar 5th, 2008 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:30 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

The idea of the speed of thought is that speed is faster than light because by just thinking you can be in the farthest places of Earth, in the past or in the future. Thought can take you anywhere. The asgardians gods move that way.

Ok thats one way of looking at it I suppose....

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Comics feats are generally embellished far beyond what you'll find in other avenues of literature. The "gods" as they are written in classic myths would have a hard time beating all kinds of supposedly lower-powered comic characters.

I see what you're saying and as you probably know gods have different "showings", Thor does have feats were he has created stars, so as far as I know that does seem to be herald level.

Yeah but you're right its hard for them to match Odins feats. All I can say is that Thor matched wits with Odins in one story. The Odin of Norse lore it seems is not just responsible for creating earth but other powerful beings and other dimensions.

Originally posted by Utrigita

A Giant Iron Wire tied with Magic from one of the most accomplished sorcerer in the Asgardian Myth.

When was this?

Also one might notice that Loki when caught and bound to the stone and condemd to forever having venom from a snake dripping into his eyes, his wife sits with a bowl but when it's full she has to remove it to empty it and when she does so and the Venom hits loki eyes he reaches to strongly that he conjure up earthquaks on the earth strength feat???

Yeah I know. I dont think its a strength feat though...its kinda hard to explain. I mean Thor is supposed to be the strongest God but people intepret his strength as being spiritual in nature.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:14 PM
Utrigita

When was this?

On Thors trip to Utgarda-Loki king of the Giants he knows runemagic and in the mythology he is a equal ore above Odin when it comes to Rune magic.

Yeah I know. I dont think its a strength feat though...its kinda hard to explain. I mean Thor is supposed to be the strongest God but people intepret his strength as being spiritual in nature. [/B]

Isn't a strength feat??? Thor was the one that Caught Loki when he was swimming up and down the river disguised as a Fish.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:29 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

On Thors trip to Utgarda-Loki king of the Giants he knows runemagic and in the mythology he is a equal ore above Odin when it comes to Rune magic.

OOOOO Utgard-Loki.....dont remember him trying to break any wire...

To be quite honest with you I dont even think hes the king of the giants. The giants and place he created were just illusions and the name Utgard means outlander, so hes just some mysterious being.

Isn't a strength feat??? Thor was the one that Caught Loki when he was swimming up and down the river disguised as a Fish.

Yyyyyeah it is and it isnt.....you know how myths are supposed to teach a story through metaphors? The lesson is that Thor is supposed to teach us that purity of spirit gives you strength...im kinda tired...but do you kinda get what im saying?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:39 PM
Utrigita

OOOOO Utgard-Loki.....dont remember him trying to break any wire...

To be quite honest with you I dont even think hes the king of the giants. The giants and place he created were just illusions and the name Utgard means outlander, so hes just some mysterious being.

Oh yes when Thor was on his way to Utgard-Loki he encountered him, Utgard Loki used his magic to bind a bag which contained food and thor wasn't capable of losering it up, though I'm actually beginning to doubt if it was iron... will have to check some litteratur.

In the Mythology he is the King of the Giants but so are Thrym but both are in mythology called the king of the Giants, what he does is that when he tells Thor how he managed to best him he makes Utgard disappear, UtGard reappears later when Thor disguised as Freja is making his way to the arranged mariage with Thrym the same Giant that stole Thor hammer.

Yyyyyeah it is and it isnt.....you know how myths are supposed to teach a story through metaphors? The lesson is that Thor is supposed to teach us that purity of spirit gives you strength...im kinda tired...but do you kinda get what im saying? [/B]

Absolutely also it was made to explain why the earth sometimes quaked, but your logic with purity of spirit isn't well placed imo in this instance where It's Loki with the impure spirit that is showed to have enormous strength if we look at it with oure eyes.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:16 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

They're also far less consistent than comics (not that comics are consistent either, but slightly moreso). You'll see gods create "the heavens and the earth" or some such, then turn around and struggle fighting, I dunno, a bear or something. Those are just random examples, but anyone familiar with mythology knows that I'm not really reaching.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 08:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Oh yes when Thor was on his way to Utgard-Loki he encountered him, Utgard Loki used his magic to bind a bag which contained food and thor wasn't capable of losering it up, though I'm actually beginning to doubt if it was iron... will have to check some litteratur.

In the Mythology he is the King of the Giants but so are Thrym but both are in mythology called the king of the Giants, what he does is that when he tells Thor how he managed to best him he makes Utgard disappear, UtGard reappears later when Thor disguised as Freja is making his way to the arranged mariage with Thrym the same Giant that stole Thor hammer.

Nah man dont think Ugard reappears after that...

Absolutely also it was made to explain why the earth sometimes quaked, but your logic with purity of spirit isn't well placed imo in this instance where It's Loki with the impure spirit that is showed to have enormous strength if we look at it with oure eyes.

Thats not the point of the myth, there two.
1. Its there explanation for natural ocurrances.
2. What happens to you when you cross the line. There are two versions of this story. The one you are refering to is probably from Snorris Eddas. There is also another one from poetic Eddas where Loki gets tied up because he insulted the gods and when Thor turned up Loki decided to stop.

They're also far less consistent than comics (not that comics are consistent either, but slightly moreso). You'll see gods create "the heavens and the earth" or some such, then turn around and struggle fighting, I dunno, a bear or something. Those are just random examples, but anyone familiar with mythology knows that I'm not really reaching.

True laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:03 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Exactly. Myths are meant as symbolism. Their internal logic is also based so heavily on outdated understanding of the world as to nearly be meaningless to someone who isn't a scholar (and totaly meaningless for establishing a "power level")

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:14 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote