KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Illuminati vs. Authority

Illuminati vs. Authority
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Illuminati vs. Authority

Two versions.
With infinity Gems
With out Infinity Gems

And its Authority team from volume 1 #1

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:07 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Then the Illuminati in a curbstomp, in either scenario.

Vol. 1 Issue #1, it was Jenny Sparks (not Quantum) and The Doctor had never used his powers on a large scale. The first time he did so, he passed out. With the big guns non-factors, The Authority might put up a fight (it would need to be in a city for them to have a prayer at that point) but that's about it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Indeed - this is a bit unfair.

If we consider the team from the original Authority, but also consider the later showings of power....

I'd say the Doctor'd have a good chance of solo'ing(without the infinity gems), considering how big a punk Strange acts these days.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:19 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

What Soljer said, but it would need to be current Doctor, or at least later in Jeroen's run.

Get past Strange and no one really has the kind of defense to avoid getting turned into dice by the Doctor. But again, Issue #1 Doctor wouldn't be able to handle it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yowsa
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange is the big problem but if we used crappy Strange it might go different.

Judge Dredd demands respect!!
Thanks for the sig (OTF) Grey Fox

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:22 PM
Yowsa is currently offline Click here to Send Yowsa a Private Message Find more posts by Yowsa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Then the Illuminati in a curbstomp, in either scenario.

Vol. 1 Issue #1, it was Jenny Sparks (not Quantum) and The Doctor had never used his powers on a large scale. The first time he did so, he passed out. With the big guns non-factors, The Authority might put up a fight (it would need to be in a city for them to have a prayer at that point) but that's about it.

You miss understood, feats are not restricted to issue 1, of Authority.

Its simply the character line up, as it was introduced in v1 #1 in Authority.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:27 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

So basically the Doctor vs Illuminati

50/50 split without

Illuminati stomp with if they can use the gems with any sort of effectiveness.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:29 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

With the gems, the Illuminati definitely wins. Without them, I'm not sure. I would probably give the win to the Authority. Strange would definitely be the problem, but I'm not sure he can cast a good enough protection spell faster than the Doctor could severely harm the team.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:30 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by id369
You miss understood, feats are not restricted to issue 1, of Authority.

Its simply the character line up, as it was introduced in v1 #1 in Authority.

Oh.

Well then. That changes things.

As with most team fights, it would come down to the big guns. If the Doctor could beat Strange, that's ballgame. Or vice versa.

Put it in a city and I like the Authority's chances, because MNer/Angie > Panther/Tony, Jack (in city)/Apollo would be roughly equal to maybe Namor/BB, Jenny could shut down Xavier's brain function, etc.

With gems, obviously a different fight.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:30 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Oh.

Well then. That changes things.

As with most team fights, it would come down to the big guns. If the Doctor could beat Strange, that's ballgame. Or vice versa.

Put it in a city and I like the Authority's chances, because MNer/Angie > Panther/Tony, Jack (in city)/Apollo would be roughly equal to maybe Namor/BB, Jenny could shut down Xavier's brain function, etc.

With gems, obviously a different fight.

I wouldn't say that Jack and Apollo could take Namor and Black Bolt.

I would, however, be confident in saying that the Doctor could kick the shit out of current Strange, and that Jack and Apollo would be able to hold off Namor and Black Bolt for long enough for Jeroen to solo everyone else.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:32 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Soljer
I'd say the Doctor'd have a good chance of solo'ing(without the infinity gems), considering how big a punk Strange acts these days.
I never really followed the Authority..

What makes the Doctor such a badass?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
I wouldn't say that Jack and Apollo could take Namor and Black Bolt.

I would, however, be confident in saying that the Doctor could kick the shit out of current Strange, and that Jack and Apollo would be able to hold off Namor and Black Bolt for long enough for Jeroen to solo everyone else.

Fair enough. My logic was Namor < Jack (in city) < Apollo < BB ....so I made them equal for the fight's purposes.

Originally posted by Galan007

Lots of things. Check out his respect thread for the details, or any of my tourney matches ( wink ). Basically, he has more powers than Jesus (actually, it's true in WS continuity because Jesus was a former "Doctor") and top-shelf matter manipulation skills, so most of his enemies end up transmuted into hippie imagery.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 13th, 2008 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:33 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

In short, I'll ask you to look at the respect thread.

It's a cop out answer, sure...but if I were to tell you, I'd pretty much just be reciting the thread anyways, and I'm sure whatever I could say has already been said there - likely in a more eloquent fashion, and with scans.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lots of things. Check out his respect thread for the details, or any of my tourney matches ( wink ). Basically, he has more powers than Jesus (actually, it's true in WS continuity because Jesus was a former "Doctor") and top-shelf matter manipulation skills, so most of his enemies end up transmuted into hippie imagery.
Jesus? That's great! laughing out loud

I saw a scan where someone was blown to pieces, but pulled himself back together in an instant, and made some sort of cheeky comment. A badass instance, iirc.

Wasn't that the Doctor?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I saw a scan where someone was blown to pieces, but pulled himself back together in an instant, and made some sort of cheeky comment. A badass instance, iirc.

Wasn't that the Doctor?

That was an ex-Doctor who recived the Doctor's powers temporarily.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:39 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Jack in a desent sized city beats Namor most probably. Namor has the advantage of flight, but Jack is incredibly agile and (the ability some people tend to forget) can draw power from the city to increase his physical stats like he did against Regis.
Though the best he can hope against Black Bolt is not getting killed...but if he keeps himself merged and distracts BB long enough for Doctor to transmute him in a scared puppy...

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:40 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Wasn't that the Doctor?

As Erik pointed out...

Kind of.

It was one of the Authority's enemies after he was given Jeroen's powers.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cool beans.

Thanks all! big grin

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:44 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Cool beans.

Thanks all! big grin

A pleasure. smile.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 04:47 PM
guy222
With my gal

Illuminati destroy em with the gems

2nd fight...either way

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:07 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote