KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman vs Vargas

Aquaman vs Vargas
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Aquaman Wins 4 57.14%
Vargas Wins 3 42.86%
Stalemate 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aquaman vs Vargas
Started by: CaptainStoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Question Aquaman vs Vargas

In a fight to the death who would win?

Fight takes place on a boardwalk 500 meters from the ocean.

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 08:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I forgot to add that there will be no outside help for either fighter.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 08:49 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This is a great fight IMO.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 08:52 PM
BentonGrey

Well, I'm afraid that I haven't a clue who Vargas is, and his wiki page didn't really give me a very good sense of his abilities. Still, I'll say that unless he has mental resistances, Aquaman COULD pull it out.

God Bless!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 09:13 PM
BentonGrey is currently offline Click here to Send BentonGrey a Private Message Find more posts by BentonGrey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Vargas resisted Psylocke psi powers.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 09:39 PM
-K-M-

While Aquaman's powers worked on a White Martian

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Is this the only way that Aquaman would win against Vargas? Just because his powers worked on a White Martian does not mean that they would work on Vargas, he may just be highly resistant to Psi attacks, shyt be may be psi proof. There has to be another avenue of attack other than the mind for Arthur to exploit against Vargas.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 02:11 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I guess Arthur gets pwned.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 02:36 AM
BentonGrey

Well, like I said, I don't actually know the character, so I can't really say if Arthur could take him hand to hand. I would tend to give it to Aquaman just because I'm biased towards him, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

God Bless!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 03:24 AM
BentonGrey is currently offline Click here to Send BentonGrey a Private Message Find more posts by BentonGrey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Powers
Vargas’ super powers are still a mystery and have never been fully explained. Vargas is not a mutant, but is not fully human either. According to Vargas, he is mankind’s response to mutant-kind. He claims to be a real super “human” (as opposed to having powers caused by genetic mutation) and also claims he is the pure and legitimate Homo sapiens superior. He possesses superhuman strength (even for a mutant) and speed and has genius-level intellect. He also possesses superhuman reflexes, agility, stamina, and durability. He is a master swordsman and martial artist. Rogue’s absorption powers were ineffective against Vargas as well.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 04:03 AM
BentonGrey

Well, that's the wiki entry, but as per usual, it hardly elucidates matters completely. Just how MUCH super strength and speed does he have? Is he Quicksilver fast? Colossus strong?

God Bless!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 04:51 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Well he did cut a building down with one swipe of his broadsword.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 05:29 AM
-K-M-

White Martian > Vargas

Aquaman can lift a city block, what does he care? Basically he has every advantage, please read up on Aquaman as you even said Spider-Man was stronger then him erm

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 07:05 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Aquaman wins he is above 50 tons and he has an awesome magical hand.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 08:44 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iceman24567
Aquaman wins he is above 50 tons and he has an awesome magical hand.

What on earth led you to believe that Aquaman is stronger than Vargas?

He dropped Rogue with 2 punches.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 10:22 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by llagrok

sarcasm?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 03:55 PM
rougeredmage

i have never read aquaqman but i have herd that he has had a lot of rough treatment over the years...... thus i am going to go with him because i do not like the sound of this vagas chap

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 10:19 PM
rougeredmage is currently offline Click here to Send rougeredmage a Private Message Find more posts by rougeredmage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by llagrok

In the water Aquaman would likely take it but on land? Vargas would scale him and gut him.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 05:08 AM
-K-M-

Ummm...what? Aquaman dosn't get weaker on land like Namor does. Thanks to his magical hand he doesn't dehydrate erm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 06:21 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm...what? Aquaman dosn't get weaker on land like Namor does. Thanks to his magical hand he doesn't dehydrate erm

He could possibly be talking about Aquaman's ability to communicate with the sea life and how his maneuverability would be >>>> that of Vargas'.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 06:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote