KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gambit vs Sabretooth

Gambit vs Sabretooth
Started by: Master-Borg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Gambit vs Sabretooth

Sabretooth murders Rogue. Gambit tracks down Sabretooth in an abandoned warehouse.

Gambit has 6 decks of cards and his staff.

(please log in to view the image)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:17 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

sabes had no adamantium before his death

Gambit turns him into a stain on the ground

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:20 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

So... it's Sabedog with a powerup... shifty

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:29 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Gambit.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:19 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

if wolverine can take out gambit than remy is no match for sab.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:20 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidey-dude
if wolverine can take out gambit than remy is no match for sab.
Oh. Never thought of it that way.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:21 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

IMO, Sabertooth is going to hunt Gambit down in the warehouse and feed him is own jambalaya.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 05:24 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I read the bio of Gambit can charge objects by just looking at them?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 12:55 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by golem370
I read the bio of Gambit can charge objects by just looking at them?
I always thought he had to touch them. When he was New Son I think he could do that though.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 01:22 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gambit lost the powers gained from Apocalypse quite some time ago, yeah?

And he has to touch objects in order to detonate them.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 01:24 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Yeah I just read that

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 01:46 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Sabretooth has a pretty bad history getting owned by Gambit, but there's almost always circumstances that play into it.

Wolverine owns Remmy everyday of the week, but I think it has slightly to do with his skill level and application of dodging and agility where as Sabretooth just goes at him like a wrecking ball.

Regardless. If Sabe's healing factor is at it's best, he'll steamroll Gambit. If it's not.. Well then Gambit drops him ftw.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 01:48 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by jinzin
Sabretooth has a pretty bad history getting owned by Gambit, but there's almost always circumstances that play into it.

Wolverine owns Remmy everyday of the week, but I think it has slightly to do with his skill level and application of dodging and agility where as Sabretooth just goes at him like a wrecking ball.

Regardless. If Sabe's healing factor is at it's best, he'll steamroll Gambit. If it's not.. Well then Gambit drops him ftw.
Now don't blow your nuts out but I have a question. If you think a medium portrayal Sabretooth can't beat Gambit why do you look down on Blade stalemateing Gambit?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 01:55 PM
Deadline

Were still waiting for an explanation jin. no expression

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:08 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinzin

Co-sign

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:10 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

How many times have these two fought? I just saw the one in the respect thread of Gambit that happened in issue #9.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:14 PM
jinzin

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Now don't blow your nuts out but I have a question. If you think a medium portrayal Sabretooth can't beat Gambit why do you look down on Blade stalemateing Gambit?

Lol, blow my nuts out?

Okay, you have to understand that when I see a fight like this here, I imagine Sabretooth trying to run in on Remmy like a freight train while he unloads a whole deck of cards on Sabretooth.

Could Sabes dodge em? Sure, if he tried, he has some nice dodging feats against machine gun fire from Punisher, and Cyclops' octic blasts.. But by-enlarge he's simply not typically portrayed like that.

It's all about stylized matchups, I don't think Wolverine or Blade for that matter would try to negotiate Remmy until he had exhausted his load.. but even then, here, he's got 6 friggin decks!.. Sabretooth would be hard pressed to stand up to that.

As for why I look down on the "stalemate". It's just not impressive when you're considering comparative examples between Blade and Wolverine. Wolverine's beat Gambit 3 consecutive times. The ONLY time gambit's even presented a challange to Wolverine was when he used the danger room to basically cheat into getting the jump on Wolvie.

I fail to see how the fight between Blade and him is even remotely supposed to impress me. Blade got the jump on Remmy, and even then was disarmed of one of his swords, and got knocked to the ground with a kick. Gambit only chucked one or two cards at him, nothing like what I imagine this fight to be at all.

If Sabretooth was in the same position, close quarters h2h, he would have railed right through Remmy and infact has with one hit.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:16 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

*sigh*

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:18 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by snoopdogg
How many times have these two fought? I just saw the one in the respect thread of Gambit that happened in issue #9.

Quite a few times. But like I said, it's always with circumstances.

Let's see. Gambit jumped him twice while staying at the X-mansion.

once was while Sabretooth was still recovering from his brain injury.
The other was before the injury but when Sabretooth had his restraints on, just maxed out the danger room, and wanted Gambit/somone to kill him.

In Gambit 9, Sabretooh got chumped but he was practically already on his deathbed when Gambit even got to him.

gambit also chucked a card in his mouth and blew him out a window in New X-men, but that was after Sabretooth roughoused with Juggy and was in the middle of trying to kill somone else iirc.

Sabretooth has mentioned beating Gambit in a previous fight off panel, even referencing having tasted his blood before X-men 6.
He also one shotted him in X-men unlimited 3.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:22 PM
jinzin

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
*sigh*
That's basically what I do every time I see you post. no expression

Of course when I read the post I'm usually like this > laughing out loud

wink

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 03:23 PM