KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » John Constantine Vs Dr Doom.

John Constantine Vs Dr Doom.
Started by: HueyFreeman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

John Constantine Vs Dr Doom.

a week prep

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 03:14 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

lol, Doom.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:17 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

A week prep for both?

I love John, but he's not winning this if it's double sided prep.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:50 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

doom

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:37 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

mooD

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:38 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

john is bi sick

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 09:30 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tjcoady
A week prep for both?

I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:46 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first.
Good point.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 03:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I don't see how that will help him.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 03:25 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I haven't followed Constantine for a while -- is he still under Lucifer's protection?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 03:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Galan007
I haven't followed Constantine for a while -- is he still under Lucifer's protection?

The First of the Fallen killed off the other two Lords of Hell. Hell doesn't really have Constantine's back anymore.

The current Andy Diggle run is really establishing the point that Constantine has burned off a lot of his allies- it's a major focus of what Diggle's doing right now... which makes a lot of sense. Constantine shouldn't have all that many friends left.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 10:18 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

The First of the Fallen outright refuses to deal with Constantine anymore, unless it's an abject and total surrender from Constantine. Even if John could get the FoF on his side, it would require him to give up a hell of a lot.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 10:19 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by tjcoady
The First of the Fallen outright refuses to deal with Constantine anymore, unless it's an abject and total surrender from Constantine. Even if John could get the FoF on his side, it would require him to give up a hell of a lot.
True but he did it before with the whole ellie incident. As opportunistic as John is would bet that he could convince a lot more than the first of how much of a prize dooms soul would be.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 12:25 AM
tjcoady

True but he did it before with the whole ellie incident. As opportunistic as John is would bet that he could convince a lot more than the first of how much of a prize dooms soul would be.

I could see that happening. But John would need something to show the FoF that he couldn't get Doom's soul on his own. The way I see the First of the Fallen reacting is him just asking Constantine why he should need John's helping in snaring Doom?

I could see John convincing the FoF that Doom's concocting a plan to invade hell, and the First of the Fallen (excuse the pun) falling for it, and attacking Doom with no provocation.

But I don't really see this stratagem working too well.

His best shot in terms of attacking Doom through proxy would be, in my opinion, utilizing the Swamp Thing, who still owes John one or two debts (after Millar's run on Swamp Thing).

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 01:07 AM