KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dormammu vs Tyrant (Depowered) vs Mephisto

Dormammu vs Tyrant (Depowered) vs Mephisto
Started by: PowerCosmic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PowerCosmic

Dormammu vs Tyrant (Depowered) vs Mephisto

Dormammu has invaded Earth and is trying to take over, but Tyrant has just arrived. Tyrant wants the Earth to feed upon its biosphere energy. Tyrant sees Dormammu and they start to wage an all out war against each other. Mephisto sees whats going on and decides to join the battle.

It's a battle to the finish. Who wins? cool

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:16 AM
PowerCosmic is currently offline Click here to Send PowerCosmic a Private Message Find more posts by PowerCosmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Dormammu or Tyrant, i'm not sure... but Mephisto loses every time.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:24 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PowerCosmic

I've figured that Mephisto would go down first since he is a jobber. If I'm not mistaken, Mephisto got handed by The Hulk during one of their meetings.

As for Tyrant and Dormammu, this would be a good battle. Dormammu has strength that surpasses that of a slightly enraged Hulk, but his magic makes up more up to it.

But I have a question, wouldn't Dormammu be a little weaker outside his dimension? Would that give him a disadvantage?

In a head up hand to hand battle, i see Tyrant overpowering Dormammu, but with magic, this could be another story.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:30 AM
PowerCosmic is currently offline Click here to Send PowerCosmic a Private Message Find more posts by PowerCosmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Um I don't think Dormammu's power is dependant on his realm, after all the realm wasn't even his, he annexed it. Both Dormammu and Tyrant are above Skyfather, but this is really a toss-up. I'd give the slight edge to Dormammu though since he is more versatile. BTW, where do you get that Dormammu has Hulk level strength. He's been defeated hand to hand by DR. STRANGE of all people, not exactly a class 100, lol.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:35 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PowerCosmic

Yeah Dormammu did get bested by Dr. Strange in hand to hand combat. But I think no powers were involved during their fight.

As for Dormammu having strength comparable to enraged Hulk, I believe it was from a Defenders comic. Hulk and Dormammu actually fought. I've never actually read the comic, but I read a statement. I think it was Wikipedia embarrasment .

The battle between Tyrant and Dormammu can go either way. So I'm not sure. confused

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:51 AM
King Kandy

Well yeah they didn't use magic, but if Dormammu is naturally Hulk strength then he couldn't have turned it off.

I can see Dormammu winning by getting the Mindless ones to fight for him (maybe BFR?)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:53 AM
PowerCosmic

Lol that would be a good tactic, but wouldn't Tyrant use his drones as backup as well? Unless his drones wouldn't be a match against the mindless ones.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:59 AM
King Kandy

The Mindless ones are like living Destroyer Armors.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 05:15 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

in hell, mephisto kicks both their asses. outside of hell, he'd lose first and tyrant would be the one left standing if this is standard dormammu.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 09:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Mephisto loses even in his own realm, Mephisto in his realm is still just a Skyfather. Dorammu on the other end has given Eternity a fight that made Eternity dormant for two months.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 10:00 PM
PowerCosmic

Dormammu is actually much stronger than Mephisto. They had a battle and Dormammu beat him.

Speaking of Dormammu, I believe he took out the combine forces of the Avengers and Defenders when they invaded the Dark Dimension. This was from the Avengers/Defenders War.

As for Mephisto fighting Tyant in his own realm, didn't Galactus fight Mephisto in his realm and won? I read somewhere that Galactus absorbed Mephisto's realm. So wouldn't Tyrant do the same?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 12:20 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

tyrant has never been shown to be able to absorb energy for sustence in the way galactus can. dormammu is AT BEST a relative equal to odin. they were said to be 2 sides of a coin, though odin's feats FAR surpass domammu's without prep or plot device. dormmy was OBLITERATED and his essence scattered across spacetime when he challenged eternity the first time -- AND he was amped. the second time, was pure PIS -- all the stars were aligned, cosmic axis had shifted, yada-yada. AND the whole series was a complete joke/romp by giffen and should never be referenced in any serious discussion.

mephisto stalemated an angry galactus in hell. the only way g was able to escape was by threatening to absorb hell. power-wise, he was equal to galactus. dormmy is nowhere close to that without prep/PIS. tyrant needed FULL power to challenge galactus -- and STILL lost.

based on everything i've seen and read of these characters, in hell mephisto owns these 2. out of hell, tyrant takes it if dormmy is at standard levels. you can convince me otherwise, pc, if you can produce scans of dormammu beating mephisto -- in hell -- sans plot device, or tell me where the battle you are referencing happened.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:13 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman XX5

Dorm wasnt atmped the first time. not that it matters dorms already beaten mephisto in his own realm.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:40 AM
Superman XX5 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman XX5 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman XX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
dormmy was OBLITERATED and his essence scattered across spacetime when he challenged eternity the first time -- AND he was amped.

False, Dormammu was perfectly fine, just BFRed into the shadow dimension (or whatever it was called.) And he was not amped at all, that is pure falsehood. In fact if you want to play that game, Eternity actually came out of the deal worse then Dormammu...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:45 AM
Mr Master

AND he was amped. the second time, was pure PIS --
all the stars were aligned, cosmic axis had shifted, yada-yada.

That's actually a legitimate moment of pis, it's not the first time it happens in Marvel.

AND the whole series was a complete joke/romp by giffen
and should never be referenced in any serious discussion.

100% Canon though:

(please log in to view the image)
(excerpt from the official Marvel Handbook 2006 - Eternity - bio)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:59 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Well remember that the editor himself stated it was pure bullshit on-panel. On-panel>Bio.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:01 AM
Mr Master

Originally posted by King Kandy

Well remember that the editor himself stated it was pure bullshit on-panel. On-panel>Bio.

Really, when the editor make that claim?

The editors made fun of the writing styles of Giffen & co.,
but never was it stated that the issue itself was non-canon,
or anything that alludes to it being dismissed from it ever happening.

So, indeed, it did happen, and Eternity's bio clarifies this,
and Umar's 2006 bio also confirms this as canon:

(please log in to view the image)

On Panel artistic depictions + Handbook (3 of them) corroborations = 100% Canon!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:13 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ yeah, just read all of mine here it's true.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:17 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PowerCosmic

based on everything i've seen and read of these characters, in hell mephisto owns these 2. out of hell, tyrant takes it if dormmy is at standard levels. you can convince me otherwise, pc, if you can produce scans of dormammu beating mephisto -- in hell -- sans plot device, or tell me where the battle you are referencing happened.

I wish I could post the scans, but I don't have the comic. I'm not sure, but the fight between Dormammu and Mephisto should be mentioned in Hellcat #1-3 2000.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:38 AM
Bouboumaster

tyrant has never been shown to be able to absorb energy for sustence in the way galactus can. dormammu is AT BEST a relative equal to odin. they were said to be 2 sides of a coin, though odin's feats FAR surpass domammu's without prep or plot device. dormmy was OBLITERATED and his essence scattered across spacetime when he challenged eternity the first time -- AND he was amped. the second time, was pure PIS -- all the stars were aligned, cosmic axis had shifted, yada-yada. AND the whole series was a complete joke/romp by giffen and should never be referenced in any serious discussion.

mephisto stalemated an angry galactus in hell. the only way g was able to escape was by threatening to absorb hell. power-wise, he was equal to galactus. dormmy is nowhere close to that without prep/PIS. tyrant needed FULL power to challenge galactus -- and STILL lost.

QFT

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:45 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote