KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Dr. Doom

Thor vs Dr. Doom, who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dr. Doom 10 83.33%
Thor 2 16.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thor vs Dr. Doom
Started by: OnslaughtKILLS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ProjectCornDog

Thor vs Dr. Doom

(please log in to view the image)

Contestants: Dr. Doom vs Thor (before he received Odin force, classic)

Thor Respect Thread http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t451734.html (note, only before he received Odin force is valid for this match)

Dr. Doom Respect Thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=400722

-----------------

Both contestants have a day of preparation. This is before Thor has his Odin Force, and Dr. Doom has all his powers/technology (armor, sorcery, etc).

The location of the match is a deserted city.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 07:39 PM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Doom wins, spite! no expression.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:00 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, tough call.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:11 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GahLakTus
-Devourer of Worlds-

Thor isn't going to do anything different with a day of prep - Doom on the other hand is capable of nearly anything with prep.

Doom 8/10

Of what consequence are you now? These people, this world, they are nothing - the universe is power, pure unstoppable power - and I am that force, I am that power.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:21 PM
GahLakTus is currently offline Click here to Send GahLakTus a Private Message Find more posts by GahLakTus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shieldbou

Doom. Simply because Thor only has a couple decent methods of attacking. If Doom keeps his distance and uses his ranged attacks sparingly Thor is left guessing and needs move in, in which Doom can use his surprisingly decent H2H. A nice fight, but I'm sticking with Doom. Although, Thor could land a couple of nice hits, but nothing to beat down Doom or make him change tactics. Thor isn't a bad fighter, it's just that Doom has a whole load of tricks up his sl-....cloak.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:34 PM
Shieldbou is currently offline Click here to Send Shieldbou a Private Message Find more posts by Shieldbou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProjectCornDog

I'm surprised to see everyone going for Dr. Doom right now (though I am sure some will be fighting for Thor soon), but I have to agree.

I didn't post my opinion in first post because I don't like to see see a thread lean a certain way because of the original poster.

Though I think Dr. Doom would win. With a day of preparation, he wouldn't be able to do MUCH but he would have ample time to analyze Thor and come up with a plan. Thor doesn't have a weakness (except being separated by his hammer) so he can't come up with an invention of some sorts to deplete him on his energies.

Though I think with Dr. Doom's synthesis of magic, science, and intelligence will help him prevail, though it won't be easy. Thor has fought foes of incredible strength, varying of many different powers. Thor is actually very familiar with magic facing off against his brother on many many occasions. Thor has even faced off against Dr. Doom before (though not sure if he was alone ever, and if he was, it was a very long time ago and Doom has become more advanced).

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:56 PM
ProjectCornDog is currently offline Click here to Send ProjectCornDog a Private Message Find more posts by ProjectCornDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

How often does Doom come up with über weapons that can take out high heralds in a single day? Because his recent plans and plots haven't exactly put him on par with the high herald guys.

Couldn't Thor just ask his dad? or contact some of the other skyfathers?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:57 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
How often does Doom come up with über weapons that can take out high heralds in a single day? Because his recent plans and plots haven't exactly put him on par with the high herald guys.

Doom was attacked after he came back from the past. He wasn't prepared for getting attacked. erm

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Isn't there a rule about no outside help during prep time?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:01 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Doom was attacked after he came back from the past. He wasn't prepared for getting attacked. erm

How many 1-day prep feats does Doom have?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:02 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

He's got the '10 minutes' Galactus beating.

He's also got so much shit laying around he can take.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:03 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's got the '10 minutes' Galactus beating.

He's also got so much shit laying around he can take.

10 minutes Galactus beating?

Tell me more of this.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:03 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

10 minutes Galactus beating?

Tell me more of this.
Secret Wars.

He came out of his depression coma, and made a plan.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:04 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Secret Wars.

He came out of his depression coma, and made a plan.

And he magically stumbled upon Galactus' ship and sliced up Klaw to help him?

I don't really think that would work here. There's no source comparable to Galactus' ship, nor is Klaw there.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:08 PM
Priest

I'll give this to Doom imo.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:10 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

And he magically stumbled upon Galactus' ship and sliced up Klaw to help him?

I don't really think that would work here. There's no source comparable to Galactus' ship, nor is Klaw there.
That wasn't the point, was it?
You asked how many 1-day prep feats Doom has, and I gave you one.

Also, Doom has tech that can ensnare Thor's hammer... tech that can one-shot Annihilus, and Dragon Man. Etc.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:11 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

That wasn't the point, was it?
You asked how many 1-day prep feats Doom has, and I gave you one.

Also, Doom has tech that can ensnare Thor's hammer... tech that can one-shot Annihilus, and Dragon Man. Etc.

Didn't Thor one-shot almost one-shot Annihilus? Or at least take the explosion that knocked out Annihilus?

I just don't think that being able to understand and use outside sources means that you're capable of instantly coming up with insane devices that let you instantly beat anyone far up in the Herald tier.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:12 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't Thor one-shot almost one-shot Annihilus? Or at least take the explosion that knocked out Annihilus?

I just don't think that being able to understand and use outside sources means that you're capable of instantly coming up with insane devices that let you instantly beat anyone far up in the Herald tier.
You mean when Masterson blew up Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod, with a lucky hammer throw?

Problem: Doom has already created these devices.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:14 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean when Masterson blew up Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod, with a lucky hammer throw?

Problem: Doom has already created these devices.

I know, just fanboying.

Doom doesn't need THAT much technology in order to reach the high herald tier anyways.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:20 PM
darthgoober

I can't remember the issue number off the top of my head, but I seem to remember Doom tripling the power of his standard armor with something like 20 minutes worth of prep during the Acts of Vengence storyline.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:41 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote