KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman w/ GL ring VS Hal Jordan

Batman w/ GL ring VS Hal Jordan
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Batman w/ GL ring VS Hal Jordan

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:02 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I don't care who ended up chosen for the ring, Bruce clearly has more willpower but Hal clearly takes the edge experience wise while Bruce also is by far more creative. Hell my pet rock is more creative than Jordan.

Anyway in shear Ring Power Battle alone Jordan's experience would give him the slight edge needed for him to match Bruce's will and creativity edge but knowing Bruce he's probably already got a few ways to win without the damn ring. So I say he'd pull a contingency plan move and either lose the rings all together or make Hal's ring of little or no help to him at all.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:13 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
I don't care who ended up chosen for the ring, Bruce clearly has more willpower but Hal clearly takes the edge experience wise while Bruce also is by far more creative. Hell my pet rock is more creative than Jordan.

Anyway in shear Ring Power Battle alone Jordan's experience would give him the slight edge needed for him to match Bruce's will and creativity edge but knowing Bruce he's probably already got a few ways to win without the damn ring. So I say he'd pull a contingency plan move and either lose the rings all together or make Hal's ring of little or no help to him at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Raoul

Cosigned...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:18 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Jordan.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:25 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Didn't Bruce have Dick paint an entire safe house yellow and kick Jordan's ass nearly killing him by accident?

True it was All Star and not cannon to mainstream DCU which is what I assume what we're using here but I see no reason the main more experienced Batman couldn't do the same thing or worse.

Especially with the added advantage of a GL ring!

*Edit* Found it big grin
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Jul 25th, 2008 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:32 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Didn't Bruce have Dick paint an entire safe house yellow and kick Jordan's ass nearly killing him by accident?

True it was All Star and not cannon to mainstream DCU which is what I assume what we're using here but I see no reason the main more experienced Batman couldn't do the same thing or worse.

Especially with the added advantage of a GL ring!

hal isn't that much of a b*tch in mainstream DC.

so no, he couldnt... and the lack of a yellow weakness kind of makes painting the room redundant...

iirc, hal was the first lantern to figure out how to overcome the yellow weakness...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Lulz. Could you be any more of an obvious hater? "Lemme use non canon sources to back up my nonsensical arguments."

so no, he couldnt... and the lack of a yellow weakness kind of makes painting the room redundant...

iirc, hal was the first lantern to figure out how to overcome the yellow weakness...

You recall correctly.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Still if a rookie Robin could do that just imagine what a veteran Batman could do WITH a lantern ring!

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bruce already kicked both Guy and Hal's asses in the mainstream DCU too?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:42 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
Lulz. Could you be any more of an obvious hater? "Lemme use non canon sources to back up my nonsensical arguments."

You recall correctly.
I never said it was cannon, hell I even expressly admitted it wasn't but my point remains. If a rookie Batman and Robin could do that or just something like that then why in the hell couldn't the real experienced Batman do just as bad or worse to Hal?

And thou I'm not a fan of Jordan its not my taste for the character but rather the jobber effects comics give to characters such as Batman and Superman. In this case it just happens to support my argument as appose to all the times it hinders it more so.

Yall make the rules and according to those rules feats are feats. Correct? I'm sure if I actually took the time to look I'd find mainstream Batman doing just as bad or worse to Hal there too.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Soljer

You recall correctly.

thought so...

Still if a rookie Robin could do that just imagine what a veteran Batman could do WITH a lantern ring!

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Bruce already kicked both Guy and Hal's asses in the mainstream DCU too?

batman has trouble using the ring, he admitted so himself...

gl v4 issue... 9, i think it is, shows exactly WHY bruce isn't the best with a gl ring...

and even if he was decent, nobody tops hal...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 01:50 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

thought so...

gl v4 issue... 9, i think it is, shows exactly WHY bruce isn't the best with a gl ring...

*cough*except Kyle!

Held a big bang back among many more. Whats Hal did on par with that?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

*cough*except Kyle!

Held a big bang back among many more. Whats Hal did on par with that?

he stopped time. he stood against parallax when other lanterns (including kyle) went down. he came back from the dead, and seconds later he was smacked miles across the moon by sinestro... hal's reaction? a smirk...

kyle might be the torchbearer, and all credit to him, but hal is the king, always has been, always will be...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:04 PM
Squirrel Fart

thought so...

But what if he has a yellow power ring instead? hehehe

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:08 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Good point

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:10 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Good point

he was offered one in gl... 16, i think it was...

bruce with a sinestro corps ring would be better than with a gl ring, but as for whether he could take hal, i doubt it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:12 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Bruce, like Green Arrow both have great willpower, however they lack sufficient willpower to get the ring to do much more than simple parlor tricks as per canon storylines.

They would tire out relatively fast and compared to top GL's like Hal, Kyle, John, and Kilowog would get pwned in straight ring battles.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:18 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Avlon
Bruce, like Green Arrow both have great willpower, however they lack sufficient willpower to get the ring to do much more than simple parlor tricks as per canon storylines.

They would tire out relatively fast and compared to top GL's like Hal, Kyle, John, and Kilowog would get pwned in straight ring battles.

Are you assuming that Hal has greater willpower than Batman??

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:21 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Are you assuming that Hal has greater willpower than Batman??

he has more of the right kind of willpower than bruce does...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:32 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Ermm .. Batman's willpower is severly underestimated erm (though keep in mind, I'm not suggesting he would beat Hal in a ring fight, especially since the OP made it seem like Batman suddenly recives a GL ring and with no training or anything, he gets to fight Hal)

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:48 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote