KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ResurrectionMan (from DC Million) vs. Tangent Superman

ResurrectionMan (from DC Million) vs. Tangent Superman
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

ResurrectionMan (from DC Million) vs. Tangent Superman

Both of these guys have a bunch of powers to choose from, and I've heard that they can both choose whatever powers they want.

So.... who would win?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 04:06 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

mitch ftw.

harvey can supposedly choose powers, but as far as what he's actually displayed, none of it has been on par with mitch.

mitch has manifested abilities such as: general cosmic powers, strength greater then that of superman, quantum speed which is akin to flash's speed force, ability to dimension/time hop, the powers of a black hole, intangibility, teleportation, quantum blasts which disincorporate what they strike at the molecular level, shape-shifting/transformations, ability to literally become the terrain/elements, telepathy (both local, and 'deep range'), and of course, absolute immortality.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 04:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

agreed

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:29 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Resurrection Man's powers depend on his method of death, and resurrection.
Not really as versatile as Tangent Supes IMO.

Tangent Supes FTW

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:29 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Resurrection Man's powers depend on his method of death, and resurrection.
Not really as versatile as Tangent Supes IMO.
the method in which RM dies, has nothing to do with what powers he gains. he can literally choose whatever ability he wants/needs. he is far more versatile than harvey, in terms of displayed abilities.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ressurection Man has to die to get the powers he needs. Tangent for the Win. Once RM dies, That is a forum loss.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:36 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by fangirl101
Ressurection Man has to die to get the powers he needs. Tangent for the Win. Once RM dies, That is a forum loss.
it's part of RM's powerset to 'die/kill himself' (hence his resurrection device.) killing himself in that way simply does not equate to a forum loss. now, if harvey managed to kill him, then you'd have something.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:38 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
it's part of RM's powerset to 'die/kill himself' (hence his resurrection device.) killing himself in that way simply does not equate to a forum loss. now, if harvey managed to kill him, then you'd have something.

If he kills himself, that is a self bfr. Harvey is going to just stand around while he dies? And If he doesn't start the match out with the right power, Then he's screwed by telepathic intrusion. RM is more powerful. But he doesn't have the right tools to win. Unless by chance he happens to have uber telepathy or something when the fight starts.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:49 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If he kills himself, that is a self bfr. Harvey is going to just stand around while he dies? And If he doesn't start the match out with the right power, Then he's screwed by telepathic intrusion. RM is more powerful. But he doesn't have the right tools to win. Unless by chance he happens to have uber telepathy or something when the fight starts.
you act like it takes a long while for RM to 'die'/resurrect. it doesn't. when he uses the resurrection device he can (and has) manifested powers while still in a standing position. hell, he's manifested new powers before superman could even hit him (which is what superman was trying to do in the instance i'm referencing.) the amount of time it takes him to 'die'/manifest new abilities, is quite miniscule - and it's part of his standard powerset/tech. it certainly does not constitue a forum loss, not matter how much you want it to.

and knowing harvey's attacks are almost always TP-related, mitch could simply manifest TP-esque abilities as well. this would, at the very least, help him defend against any TP attacks harvey launched. couple that with things such as flash-like speed, greater than superman strength, the ability to time/dimension hop, intangibility, etc, etc..... point being, mitch certainly has the right 'tools' to win.

smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 3rd, 2008 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 05:59 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you act like it takes a long while for RM to 'die'/resurrect. it doesn't. when he uses the resurrection device he can (and has) manifested powers while still in a standing position. hell, he's manifested new powers before superman could even hit him (which is what superman was trying to do in the instance i'm referencing.) the amount of time it takes him to 'die'/manifest new abilities, is quite miniscule - and it's part of his standard powerset/tech. it certainly does not constitue a forum loss, not matter how much you want it to.

and knowing harvey's attacks are almost always TP-related, mitch could simply manifest TP-esque abilities as well. this would, at the very least, help him defend against any TP attacks harvey launched. couple that with things such as flash-like speed, greater than superman strength, the ability to time/dimension hop, intangibility, etc, etc..... point being, mitch certainly has the right 'tools' to win.

smile
Since when does he get all of those abilities at once? If he gets Tp, he'd need to keep it just to fend of harvey. And would he be as skilled? harvey on the other hand can manifest abilities while in mid battle.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:27 PM
iceman24567

Self bfr? Killing himself is how he accesses his abilities i think for this battle we should allow him to kill himself.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:34 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Since when does he get all of those abilities at once?
i have seen him utilize up to four different abilities at once, so...

If he gets Tp, he'd need to keep it just to fend of harvey. And would he be as skilled?
why wouldn't he be as skilled? he's been using powers like that for thousands of years.

harvey on the other hand can manifest abilities while in mid battle.
the powers harvey has actually manifested are quite feeble in comparison to what RM has summoned.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 3rd, 2008 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 08:56 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have seen him utilize up to four different abilities at once, so...

why wouldn't he be as skilled? he's been using powers like that for thousands of years.

the powers harvey has actually manifested are quite feeble in comparison to what RM has summoned.

harvey has a GL ring no?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:06 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Ressurection man was badass. I remember him.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:07 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

harvey has a GL ring no?
yes, and?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:07 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes, and?
A Gl ring itself can reproduce many a powers. I know RM is one of your favs. So I won't bother to argue the point any longer.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Juntai
Ressurection man was badass. I remember him.
after RM learned to control his power (near the end of his solo series, and during DC1M) i viewed him as potentially one of the most powerful characters in DC. the ability to choose whatever power(s) you want, is just insane lol.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A Gl ring itself can reproduce many a powers.
and harvey has used his ring in such a manner? i must have missed that.

I know RM is one of your favs. So I won't bother to argue the point any longer.
i like RM, but he is certainly not one of my 'favs'. i simply feel as though his abilities were being underestimated here. smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:11 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

and harvey has used his ring in such a manner? i must have missed that.

i like RM, but he is certainly not one of my 'favs'. i simply feel as though his abilities were being underestimated here. smile

Not at all. I just dont' see him necessarily getting the right four abilities at the start of the match. especially against someone who's TK shield can repel superman and who's telepathy can pwn an entire planet. And all wrapped up with a GL ring. That is some serious mojo to over come and get it right. the first time out the gate.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not at all. I just dont' see him necessarily getting the right four abilities at the start of the match. especially against someone who's TK shield can repel superman and who's telepathy can pwn an entire planet. And all wrapped up with a GL ring. That is some serious mojo to over come and get it right. the first time out the gate.
superman and powergirl managed to get in some good hits on harvey, without him really being able to counter at all. the man is not unbeatable by any stretch.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:15 PM