KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-Man vs Ironman

X-Man vs Ironman
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

X-Man vs Ironman

there seems to be some issue regarding just how powerful nate is. so, just for fun . . .

non-shaman, of course. smile

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Tony.

...for the loss.

no expression

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:35 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Nate Rips Extremis from Tony.
Game over.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:38 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

If this is to gauge pre Shaman Nate. In all fairness, wouldn’t the rules be revised, such as no direct no offensive matter manipulating feats, and such?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:41 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369
If this is to gauge pre Shaman Nate. In all fairness, wouldn’t the rules be revised, such as no direct no offensive matter manipulating feats, and such?

i'm not sure--pre-shaman was able to psi-freeze time. that's matter manip, no? all pre-shaman feats are viable. erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure--pre-shaman was able to psi-freeze time. that's matter manip, no? all pre-shaman feats are viable. erm

Offensive or direct matter manipulating feats are banned from the tournament. You just had a member, state he would rip the extremis right Tony.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:48 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Offensive or direct matter manipulating feats are banned from the tournament. You just had a member, state he would rip the extremis right Tony.

That's a tk feat. What, is he not allowed to touch Tony now? Besides, I see nothing comparable to matter manip. in the statement "Nate stomps."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Wouldn't that be time manipulation?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 09:57 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

strictly speaking, neutering is not allowed either . . . but i know there has been SOME. this wasn't JUST about the tourney. like scoob, there's no way i think he should be in a high meta though. if you need to neuter him to get him in, that's not right. i'm ALSO not saying a agree with everyone who has been ALLOWED in this thing (a bunch of people are saying NIMROD beats WONDERWOMAN 1on1!) i actually think IM would give nate a better figth than some are saying, but still nate is above this tier, pretty clearly.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:00 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Psi-freeze? What, like shutting down a mind? Hell, that would be allowed in the tourney, btw, since that's what this thread is about (no sense hiding it). It's only possessing and commandeering a mind that is banned.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:01 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Psi-freeze? What, like shutting down a mind? Hell, that would be allowed in the tourney, btw, since that's what this thread is about (no sense hiding it). It's only possessing and commandeering a mind that is banned.

no, i mean like TIME-STOPPING. erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:03 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by DigiMark007
That's a tk feat. What, is he not allowed to touch Tony now? Besides, I see nothing comparable to matter manip. in the statement "Nate stomps."

Not everyone is aware of why this match was made. Many of the members do not follow the tournament. However, this match was set to gauge X-Man in regards to said tournament.

Your telling me, that unbonding the extremis from his cells would not dubbed as offensive matter manipulation? Is this form of action, permitted in the tournament? erm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it was STRICTLY for tourney purposes. it's a high meta tourney. the ultimate question is is nate high meta? the answer is no, not without neutering. be interested in knowing if anyone thinks IM can win this fight though . . .

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:13 PM
guy222
With my gal

nate

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:14 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't Nate beat Exodus with regular attacks? I doubt Iron Man would win if Nate was just using common attacks, let alone anything else he has.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 10:16 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

it was STRICTLY for tourney purposes. it's a high meta tourney. the ultimate question is is nate high meta? the answer is no, not without neutering. be interested in knowing if anyone thinks IM can win this fight though . . .

Ah interesting.

Here is a question, does Ironman have any known protection against TK or TP?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 11:04 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

doesnt tony have psi armor? I cant really recall but i do remember vaguely he had some protection against tps

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 11:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ah interesting.

Depends on the armor. I haven't seen it come up specifically in Extremis though, so we're not really sure if he does (to my knowledge, which is competent on Tony but not entirely comprehensive)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 12:28 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Ah interesting.

he DOES have tp protection, not sure the level though. tk is something that would certainly affect him though--at nate's level that should be enough still.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 12:28 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

he DOES have tp protection, not sure the level though. tk is something that would certainly affect him though--at nate's level that should be enough still.

Anything on paper, that states: anti psi, or TP proff. Etc.. and please any of the members are open to replay.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 02:34 AM