KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCU's Synnar (Nameless One) Vs Vertigo's Lucifer

DCU's Synnar (Nameless One) Vs Vertigo's Lucifer
Started by: cloud102

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cloud102

DCU's Synnar (Nameless One) Vs Vertigo's Lucifer

In Starlin's latest issue of Rann/Thanagarian Holy War, it was revealed that Synnar has Michael's power to make a multiverse. Retconning Lucifer and Michael's history. Anyway, who would place your bets on?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 09:51 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Lets see the next few issues to gauge his omnipotence

Remember, its Starlin. Infinity Gauntlet or HOTI anyone stick out tongue

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 10:41 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cloud102
Retconning Lucifer and Michael's history. Anyway, who would place your bets on?
he didn't retcon anything, really. mike/lucifer being responsible for creation took place within vertigo comics. all the 'synnar incident' proved is that vertigo and the mainstream DCU are separate entities completely (as myself, and many others have argued several times.)

Originally posted by guy222
Remember, its Starlin. Infinity Gauntlet or HOTI anyone stick out tongue
yeah, it seems like starlin thoroughly enjoys riding the 'all powerful' bone.

"A great tactician creates plans.
A good tactician recognizes the soundness of a plan presented to him.
A fair tactician must see the plan succeed before offering approval.
Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept the plan.
Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician.
To those without that ability, those who possess it are a mystery.
And when a mind is too deficient in understanding, the resulting gap is often filled with resentment."

-Thrawn

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Galan007
he didn't retcon anything, really. mike/lucifer being responsible for creation took place within vertigo comics. all the 'synnar incident' proved is that vertigo and the mainstream DCU are separate entities completely (as myself, and many others have argued several times.)

tbh, there's still nothing definitive about Synnar's proposed history either. He was suggesting a new religion in his image, and that was to be the story the masses would be told, is what I got out of it. Not much to say it's truly authentic yet.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:49 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

And yet, Michael does exist in the DCU and he's quite a bit more powerful than the Spectre.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:52 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by Juntai
tbh, there's still nothing definitive about Synnar's proposed history either. He was suggesting a new religion in his image, and that was to be the story the masses would be told, is what I got out of it. Not much to say it's truly authentic yet.
exactly. however, knowing starlin is part of this story makes me think it's probably true. we'll just have to wait until the series is finished, i guess. i'm thinking superman will have to come in and own his ass. *shrug*

Originally posted by fangirl101
And yet, Michael does exist in the DCU and he's quite a bit more powerful than the Spectre.
and??

And when a mind is too deficient in understanding, the resulting gap is often filled with resentment."

-Thrawn

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

He exists in the DCU, and has had more authority the couple times they crossed paths.

It's not to say he's entirely more powerful altogether.

As in the Spectre comic where they collided, Jim Corrigan/Spectre was violating one of the rules, where-as Micheal was fullfilling his job. Seems to me Micheal was in favor.

Most times Spectre violates his purpose, or Gods' creeds, his power comes up short. In his realm however, he's nigh omnipotent.

He may be more powerful tho, but who knows?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Nov 12th, 2008 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Juntai
He exists in the DCU, and has had more authority the couple times they crossed paths.

It's not to say he's entirely more powerful altogether.

As in the Spectre comic where they collided, Jim Corrigan/Spectre was violating one of the rules, where-as Micheal was fullfilling his job. Seems to me Micheal was in favor.

Most times Spectre violates his purpose, or Gods' creeds, his power comes up short. In his realm however, he's nigh omnipotent.

He may be more powerful tho, but who knows?

Mikey is more powerful. To outright state that he could destroy the Spectre. That is some ridiculous power. Not even the source can do that. Mike did kinda elude to the fact that the spectre was all powerful in his own area of tho.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:07 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Mikey is more powerful. To outright state that he could destroy the Spectre. That is some ridiculous power. Not even the source can do that.

Captain Marvel in the other hand...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:16 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Captain Marvel in the other hand...

Can't either.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 04:50 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Not enough known about the new Synnar yet (though I would place my bet on the Morningstar)

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 09:35 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Many do. Am who am I to refuse them?

smokin'

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 10:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Many do. Am who am I to refuse them?

smokin'

(please log in to view the image)

-Thrawn

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 12:30 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Wait your turn.

no expression

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 12:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Just got done with Rann, Synnar seems pretty uber. Not enough known about him yet though.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 12:40 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Allahu Carvebar

He was taking on Micheal, Spectre, PS, and ton of other powerful Angelic/Demonic beings...

And he gave up instead of being defeated.

He seems pretty obscurely powerful.

For the Gamma Father, the Gamma Bomb, and The Green Door

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 03:43 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Yeah, but his only on-panel feat to date is not killing Bizarro with a blast to the chest.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:13 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Hulk
He was taking on Micheal, Spectre, PS, and ton of other powerful Angelic/Demonic beings...

And he gave up instead of being defeated.

He seems pretty obscurely powerful.

I didn't see Michael in the scan.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 07:14 AM
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

I didn't either. Who knows if he's even telling the truth either?

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 07:25 AM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Scan what scan where hes fighting PS and The Spectre and others???

The Word

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 04:31 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote