KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many skyfathers can Galactus beat?

I nod to Hewhoknowsall. From what I read in that thread, ppl believe Galactus can beat three or four regular Celestials. A single average Celestial made three skyfathers look like insects. I doubt that the difference in power between skyfathers and Galactus is nearly THAT severe, but people in general seem to believe that Odin and skyfathers are definitely weaker than Galactus. How many can a sated Galactus beat before they take him down?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 02:57 AM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Without Odin, they cannot win. With Odin they might have a shot to hurt him. Also, it depends how strong Galactus is. If he is hungry they will kill him. If he is okay(not hungry not full) they got a shot. If he is full, then may all of Hell run in fear because they will meet the Skyfathers.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:02 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Is it just Galactus alone (no prep/tech)?

Also, where would we put Annihilus with the Q bands at, and a Watcher? Because Galactus basically took both out with a non-concentrated blast (he killed the Watcher, and Annihilus came out after the blast was done in the carcass of a ship weakened).

Last edited by One Big Mob on Nov 16th, 2008 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:09 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

uumm .. all of them ?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:20 AM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Is it just Galactus alone (no prep/tech)?

Also, where would we put Annihilus with the Q bands at, and a Watcher? Because Galactus basically took both out with a non-concentrated blast (he killed the Watcher, and Annihilus came out after the blast was done in the carcass of a ship weakened).
Galactus is written consistently decent since Galactus the Devourer mini sage.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 05:15 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by kgkg
Galactus is written consistently decent since Galactus the Devourer mini sage.
McDuffie had his way with him... but the reason that he has been written consistently, is because he hasn't really been portrayed as fighting hungry since then.

Also, I don't get why he doesn't whip out some shit from his Worldship though. Doom said that the ship alone has stuff that could conquer entire galaxies, and Galactus also has a 'wishing' machine if you will. Meh.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 06:48 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

How many? I don't know, as many as they come until he gets hungry.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:40 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Depends.

One of the trinity that Split the Source in Two should be enough.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:47 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone but me think it'd be a good story if the Avengers had Galactus' planet-sized spaceship as their base? I think there was a DC story where some team beat a Galactus-ripoff and used his spaceship for their base.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:57 AM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

if Galactus is bloodlusted, then this is spite, he could beat ALL the Skyfathers, ridiculously easily.

if Galactus isn't looking for the fight, it'll stalemate, as he'll just consume their dimensions and destroy their powerbase.

if Galactus is already weak ... they might scare him off, but they can't beat him.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:38 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

If we take the showing against Arishem (since it's the celestials compared to Skyfathers) as a way to calculate the powerlevel of the skyfathers (I know that is not a accurate way to do it since Odin has feats far beyond what was showed in the battle against Arishem), then I would say that you can take all the skyfathers on earth and throw them against Galactus they will get slaughtered and their realms devoured.

However if we suppose that every single skyfather works on the same powerlevel as Odin did at his prime (galaxies destroyed in battles, Asgard moved etc) then it can probably range from anywhere around 2-5 skyfathers and up depending on Galactus powerlevel and on how much we weigth Kubiks words concening Galactus.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:38 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

What exactly was Marvel's motivation for turning Odin & other skyfathers into mere "local gods" and taking them down so many rungs on the cosmic ladder? Given that they were much higher up in the Silver Age. I don't see why skyfathers shouldn't be Galactus' equal.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:41 AM
Utrigita

Originally posted by UKR
What exactly was Marvel's motivation for turning Odin & other skyfathers into mere "local gods" and taking them down so many rungs on the cosmic ladder? Given that they were much higher up in the Silver Age.

Probably the same as with Silver Age Superman to much power, I mean in those days half of Odin's power could destroy the universe maybe that's a bit of a overkill for a being that is working with Mortals, and is maximum dealing with something up to a galaxy level threat.

Originally posted by UKR
[B] I don't see why skyfathers shouldn't be Galactus' equal.

Because that is what Kirby decided would be the case when he introduced Galactus. Remember it was never Kirby's intention to involve Galactus on the level that he has been in comics since his creation. From what I have read Kirby intended him to be something along the lines of the Celestials but he was simply to popular with the readers.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:51 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

galactus would crush all of them

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 12:43 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Id say that Galactus can take quite a number of them out. Watchers are at least skyfather level and Galactus while extremely weak took one out pretty easily.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 02:13 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Galactus take all of them

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 03:11 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Originally posted by UKR
What exactly was Marvel's motivation for turning Odin & other skyfathers into mere "local gods" and taking them down so many rungs on the cosmic ladder? Given that they were much higher up in the Silver Age. I don't see why skyfathers shouldn't be Galactus' equal.

yep as Utragita mentioned Kirby intended for Galactus to be above all the "mythic gods." I put several Kirby quotes in Galactus' wiki entry, if you want to read them exactly.

We essentially see a cosmic pantheon developing with the introduction of Death in the mid-70s. This is Marvel editors taking a step back and saying "ok how do these concepts of time, space, etc. actually operate" and the answer was to have what we now call "the abstracts."

You're right Odin used to be much, much more powerful in the silver age. But as mentioned Kirby wanted a unique, singular character that answered to no one, and was above all morals. These traits automatically made him higher than Odin by concept, and subsequently other writers continued that notion.

The introduction of the celestials finally solidified the relegation of skyfathers to above top tiers, but still far below the cosmic beings.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:00 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

as always depends on the level of galactus. imo, he'd have to be VERY powerful to achieve what some here are saying. mephisto has proven to be equal to him at some level and he had to threaten to tear apart mephisto's realm to overcome him. agamotto has done something similar. hell, ego has as well. the same old excuse will come up--he was weak, or hungry or . . .

as usual, people don't give 'skyfathers' enough credit, or give galactus too much. personally, i'd LOVE to see odin vs galactus at some point. i've a feeling it would be a hell of a battle . . .

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:39 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by leonidas
as always depends on the level of galactus. imo, he'd have to be VERY powerful to achieve what some here are saying. mephisto has proven to be equal to him at some level and he had to threaten to tear apart mephisto's realm to overcome him. agamotto has done something similar. hell, ego has as well. the same old excuse will come up--he was weak, or hungry or . . .

as usual, people don't give 'skyfathers' enough credit, or give galactus too much. personally, i'd LOVE to see odin vs galactus at some point. i've a feeling it would be a hell of a battle . . .
Odin is nothing to a Celestial, Galactus is at least on a Celestial's level under normal circumstances.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 08:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote:
mephisto has proven to be equal to him at some level and he had to threaten to tear apart mephisto's realm to overcome him

Problem with that fight is, it was more that Mephisto seemed insanely powerful (IMO, what he should be in his realm), not the level where Thor can beat him..

I mean, that battle was cracking reality, and Galactus started to consume his realm to stop the universe from crumbling as a result of their battle.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:24 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote