KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs Sebastian Shaw

Wolverine vs Sebastian Shaw
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Wolverine vs Sebastian Shaw

Who wins?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 12:06 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 09:08 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Sebastian

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:05 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

I don't know much about shaw but in those scans he said he was amped from the explosion so... does that mean he gets the same deal here?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:23 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I don't know much about shaw but in those scans he said he was amped from the explosion so... does that mean he gets the same deal here?

He absorbs kinetic energy and stuff. The more you hit him the stronger he gets. He can punch walls and build up his strength or order his men to just beat the living daylights out of him so he will get stronger and as you can see a claw to the back of the neck did nothing.

Shaw wins.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:27 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

What is Logan just stabs him in the face? A slash or blunt truama or a extreme heat force like a explosion is different from shoving a blade into his forehead. Unless he has some kind of healing ability that goes along with such punishment. Or is it just his brute strength and duribility that increases? Because I think if both chracters are at base. Logan aint gonna sit areong and let him punch the wall or something. Logan should if fights smartly just skewer his head. Again idk much about shaw I just want to get my fact straight before i make a decision.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:47 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

He can absorb a cut, a piercing blow and a thrusting blow from a blade. I like him because he is like a mini Juggernaut.

Shaw is a mutant with the unique ability to absorb kinetic energy to increase his strength, speed, and stamina to superhuman levels. He absorbs the energy of any blow he is struck by, not just punches, but bullets, and to a less successful degree, physically based energy beams, notably Cyclops' optic blasts. He is capable of absorbing the cutting, piercing and thrusting energy from a blade which makes it exceedingly difficult to cut or stab him with sharp edged weapons. Without absorbing energy he is merely a strong ordinary human, but normally Shaw works to keep his strength at a superhuman level. For example, in one instance, he was shown to spend time hitting a wall after waking in order to build up his power reserves. Shaw also can forego sleep if he receives enough kinetic energy. Often he will have his mercenaries pummel him so that he need not sleep for some time. As a way of aiding himself in combat, Shaw is adept at taunting, and will not let enemies realize his power until they have hit him one too many times. Shaw is so adept at turning an opponents attack to his advantage, members of the X-Men have learned the best way to defeat him is to remove him from the field of battle. The most dramatic example of which was when Rogue threw him hundreds of feet directly up into the air, essentially temporarily defeating him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 02:54 PM
Lord Feron

Thanks Wei, that was great explaination... so Logan ftl smile

Hmmm.... then... how does one beat him (besides chucking him in the air)? Could a person with vastly superior physical stats be able to punch of shaws head off before he can absorb it or is it like instantaneous? Hence making him literally invincible to physical attack?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:05 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

damn, guy! the hell happened after that scan!?

anyway--shaw's often underrated. people seem to think it's 'easy' to overload him. he's come damn close to beating magneto straight up, 1on1. i like shaw. he showed his durability in taking that backstab from logan. i think it's the same deal as the logan vs abomination or any one-dimensional brawler--logan should logically be able to land a killing or incapacitating blow at some point if he isn't beaten down quickly enough. shaw's enough to beat him down, but can he do it before logan sticks a claw in his ear or eye?

always a tough call . . . erm

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

No problem but I do believe that there is a limit on how much energy he can absorb, because if there wasn't then he could just hire Gambit to charge him into godly status. I believe that punches from the likes of Hulk and Juggernaut would eventually overload him. He also is prone to psionic attacks just like Juggernaut and you usually have to BFR him hence the mini-juggernaut. Those are some ways you could beat him, but sometimes you just gotta chuck a mofo into the sky.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:10 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by leonidas

anyway--shaw's often underrated. people seem to think it's 'easy' to overload him. he's come damn close to beating magneto straight up, 1on1. i like shaw. he showed his durability in taking that backstab from logan. i think it's the same deal as the logan vs abomination or any one-dimensional brawler--logan should logically be able to land a killing or incapacitating blow at some point if he isn't beaten down quickly enough. shaw's enough to beat him down, but can he do it before logan sticks a claw in his ear or eye?

Agreed, Shaw is underrated and it does take a lot for most to beat him. He is highly intelligent and can use that to his advantage in a fight.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 03:12 PM
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by leonidas

xavier tries to help daken, but he shrugs off the mental attack..he stabs ms. sinister and is about to kill xavier, logan shows

i post the scans on my break

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 06:28 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Shaw can still drown though right?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 07:27 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Shaw can still drown though right?

TBH IDK. I suppose yes and even though I'm a big fan of his I haven't seen him in a situation where he claimed he didn't have to breath. So as far as I know he does have to breath. With his reserved energy he could probably hold his breath longer at most, but I'm not sure.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 07:40 PM
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 09:39 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 10:19 PM
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by guy222
(please log in to view the image)

Shaw's debauchries are quite fitting...first he made Gambit charge his nipples now he dominates Wolverine and makes him fist himself. The Inner Circle is truly a sordid place. no expression

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
So he supposedly beat him off panel?

Or he snuck into the mansion when the lights were off.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 10:21 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

Or he snuck into the mansion when the lights were off.

I like that outcome a lot better. Makes more sense too. Thanks Exodus.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2008 10:23 PM
jrodslam

Whoever the writer was, apparently was to lazy to write what happened between Wolvie and Shaw. Way to not know wtf youre doing.:claps:

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 05:02 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Those are some ways you could beat him, but sometimes you just gotta chuck a mofo into the sky.

laughing out loud

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 06:16 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote