KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder
Started by: cloud102

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cloud102

The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

In terms of power wise, both are pretty close. Both live outside their respected Multiverse. The Overseers are omnipotent, omniscient, etc... and exist outside the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse. ONE Overseer created the Adjuicator, who can casually destroy a universe with a "shrug".

Who takes this?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:08 PM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Mallo

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:23 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

Adjuicator actually had a feat, though. Somewhat. Mallo never has shown to destroy a universe, I think.

B5

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 08:53 PM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

when did the overseers appear

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 09:07 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Re: The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cloud102
In terms of power wise, both are pretty close. Both live outside their respected Multiverse. The Overseers are omnipotent, omniscient, etc... and exist outside the Pre-Crisis DC Multiverse. ONE Overseer created the Adjuicator, who can casually destroy a universe with a "shrug".

Who takes this?

PR beyonder. He wasn't just from "outside the multiverse" he literally WAS the embodiment of everything that existed there- a reality billions of times larger than everything that was known to exist up to that point.

He had no weaknesses whatsoever, could do whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted, and owned everything and everyone in existence while holding back the vast majority of his powers.

There's no way to make a fair debate with PR beyonder in it. That's why he HAD to be retconned, since his existence made a joke of everything else in the marvel universe.

Whenever the question "who would win? character X or PR beyonder" comes up, the answer is ALWAYS going to be PR beyonder. Stop making threads about him!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 12:51 AM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Classic Beyonder was arguably the most powerful character ever to appear in comics.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 01:33 AM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Donny Osmond.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 05:08 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

Originally posted by guy222
when did the overseers appear

WW issue, but forgot which one.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 06:48 AM
cloud102

Re: Re: The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

Originally posted by Space M ummy
PR beyonder. He wasn't just from "outside the multiverse" he literally WAS the embodiment of everything that existed there- a reality billions of times larger than everything that was known to exist up to that point.

He had no weaknesses whatsoever, could do whatever he wanted to whoever he wanted, and owned everything and everyone in existence while holding back the vast majority of his powers.

There's no way to make a fair debate with PR beyonder in it. That's why he HAD to be retconned, since his existence made a joke of everything else in the marvel universe.

Whenever the question "who would win? character X or PR beyonder" comes up, the answer is ALWAYS going to be PR beyonder. Stop making threads about him!

The little time Overseers were mentioned, they had no weaknesses either and was on the level of say the Presence.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 06:49 AM
guy222
With my gal

WW issue, but forgot which one.

If u find out the issues, let me know. I post some scans

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 08:00 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Re: Re: Re: The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

The little time Overseers were mentioned, they had no weaknesses either and was on the level of say the Presence.

the beyonder's power was the combined force of a reality that was (depending on which panel you were looking at) either millions to quintillions of times greater than entire marvel multiverse combined.

and that was while holding back his "true" strength.

you'd need some kind of on panel evidence that the power of the presence (or at least the combined power that exists within the DC universe, which would include that of the presence) is billions of times greater than the sum total of the marvel multiverse to even make this a fight.

Given Marvel Vs. DC where the two realities were portrayed as being equal, this isn't the case.

The creation of the Beyonder by marvel editorial was a COLOSSAL mistake, and his existence broke all concept of power level and continuity. No one at marvel or DC is stupid enough to go that route again- you're not going to see any more characters like PR beyonder floating around. There's a reason they retconned the hell out of the character after the EIC who created him left.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 04:50 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

IMO, God Vs God fights always end in a stalemate, IMO. I don't see any real evidence that The Beyonder is more powerful than the Presence, who used to be greater than an infinite amount of universes/megaverse. And The Overseers is more than one omnipotent being. They're an entire race.

B5

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 08:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Beyonder is overrated. I mean the guy was powerful, but get off his bone.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 09:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

no u

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 09:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

I usually kill the Overseer after returning from defeating the Master. Makes the game a lot more satisfying.

Oh wait, comics.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 10:14 PM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I've heard alot about these Overseers but I've never actually seen a scan of one

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 01:40 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't believe we've seen an Overseer, just heard some speachification on them. Could be wrong though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 01:41 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well a scan with info about them would still be good

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 01:43 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by Galan007

Beyonder is overrated.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 02:25 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Overseer Vs Classic Beyonder

Originally posted by Space M ummy

the beyonder's power was the combined force of a reality that was (depending on which panel you were looking at) either millions to quintillions of times greater than entire marvel multiverse combined.

and that was while holding back his "true" strength.

you'd need some kind of on panel evidence that the power of the presence (or at least the combined power that exists within the DC universe, which would include that of the presence) is billions of times greater than the sum total of the marvel multiverse to even make this a fight.

Given Marvel Vs. DC where the two realities were portrayed as being equal, this isn't the case.

The creation of the Beyonder by marvel editorial was a COLOSSAL mistake, and his existence broke all concept of power level and continuity. No one at marvel or DC is stupid enough to go that route again- you're not going to see any more characters like PR beyonder floating around. There's a reason they retconned the hell out of the character after the EIC who created him left.

100% accurate and true concerning Marvel & the Beyonder. thumb up

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 02:26 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote