KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin/Surtur w/Twilight vs Uatu/Aron the Roge Watcher

Odin/Surtur w/Twilight vs Uatu/Aron the Roge Watcher
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

Odin/Surtur w/Twilight vs Uatu/Aron the Roge Watcher

big grin confused stick out tongue wink

thank u bz

Old Post May 30th, 2009 09:29 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

surtur IMO.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 12:37 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Watcher

Old Post May 30th, 2009 01:48 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

be interesting

uatu and odin met once

thank u bz

Old Post May 30th, 2009 06:17 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Yeah. Seems like Uatu was superior to Odin from their interaction. Or at least Uatu's cosmic awareness was greater than Odin's.

Probably go with the Watchers here.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 08:20 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

leaning towards the watchers

thank u bz

Old Post May 30th, 2009 08:30 PM
Utrigita

Going with the Watchers.

They are powerful enough to keep the Celestials at bay for Eons even though the Celestial had already passed judgement. Also the most recent interaction between Uatu and Tiamut lead me to believe that they regard each other as closely equals.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 08:43 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Gaiman's run Uatu couldn't watch

In the Brother's tale, seem to be friends

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 08:51 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
Going with the Watchers.

They are powerful enough to keep the Celestials at bay for Eons even though the Celestial had already passed judgement. Also the most recent interaction between Uatu and Tiamut lead me to believe that they regard each other as closely equals.

Really? Close? I haven't read it. If Uatu is so powerful, then Rulk KO on him makes thing even tastier for Rulk. I mean, Uatu didn't prepare for that elbow, but still, bring that powerful it shouldn't have KOed him out cold and make his face like that. But then again, Rulk proved that was no coincidence since he crushed Grandamster and did many worthy things.

I still think Tiamut is clearly above Uatu. But he probably has respect for him. Uatu had his moments though.

And team 2 wins in this case.

Last edited by Xplosive on May 31st, 2009 at 09:10 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:08 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Tiamut easily dismissed Uatu. Then, they sort of became friends

Agree...Tiamut>Uatu

And Rulk...he's LoebRulkTastic

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:20 AM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Xplosive
Really? Close? I haven't read it. If Uatu is so powerful, then Rulk KO on him makes thing even tastier for Rulk. I mean, Uatu didn't prepare for that elbow, but still, bring that powerful it shouldn't have KOed him out cold and make his face like that. But then again, Rulk proved that was no coincidence since he crushed Grandamster and did many worthy things.

I still think Tiamut is clearly above Uatu. But he probably has respect for him. Uatu had his moments though.

And team 2 wins in this case.

We all know that Rulk would stomp Tiamut

I disagree but anyway we agree on the outcome.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:06 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Tiamut vs Rulk...Sounds like a new thread laughing out loud

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:12 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rulk could hold, about one second.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 12:29 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Should I make it

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 06:43 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Please don't, lol.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 07:34 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

stick out tongue

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 07:56 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah. Seems like Uatu was superior to Odin from their interaction. Or at least Uatu's cosmic awareness was greater than Odin's.

Probably go with the Watchers here.

really? i'd sort of read it the other way. the watcher seemed to defer to odin. i think i'd give a very slight edge to the asgardians here, but VERY slight . . .

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:18 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by leonidas
really? i'd sort of read it the other way. the watcher seemed to defer to odin. i think i'd give a very slight edge to the asgardians here, but VERY slight . . .

Just a bit of interaction I'll type out, 'cause I don't have it electronically to upload:

Uatu: You are aware of the tragedy lying beyond the horizon of tomorrow, Odin. A tragedy dwarfing the one you now watch on Earth.

Odin: Aye, I am aware. The certainty of future is an animal ne'er tamed! But Odin is no slave to visions which might ne'er come to pass!

Uatu: All must choose their own paths to walk, Omnipotent One.

Odin: Speak NOT to me in riddles, Watcher. 'Tis answers I crave! Assurances that whatever course I take -- the results shall be acceptable!

Uatu: Answers are not mine to give. I am but a Watcher...a chronicler of history.

Odin: Thou art much more, observer! Thy very appearance is ominous indeed! ....

I mean, to me, Odin was looking for Uatu for answers to the questions he was having, and clearly believed Uatu could give them to him. That would imply that his Cosmic Awareness is greater than Odin's...and probably that his power is higher. Uatu even tells Odin that Odin fears the consequences of allowing Thor to live, to which Odin doesn't actually disagree. Meh.

I took it as Uatu being above Odin. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2009 09:52 PM
guy222
With my gal

Watchers

thank u bz

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:20 PM
jinzin

I fail to see how a vampire/teen romance novel is going to help Odin and Surtur.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 10:23 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote