KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs Avengers

Magneto vs Avengers
Started by: Master Court

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Master Court

Magneto vs Avengers

Full-Powered and healthy Magneto versus the Classic Avengers.

Couldn't Magneto pick them off kinda easily? Using his powers he could :

Captain America - Bend the shield around Cap's head and squish

Iron Man - Rip the suit apart and shred Tony with the shrapnel

Thor - Lift the hammer, pull back, and magnetically accelerate the hammer to clock Thor in the temple, then continue until the head is nowhere to be seen

Vision - Disrupt his system and shut him down.

Ant-Man - Squish his helmet and his head inside

Hawkeye - Send the arrows right back at him

Hercules - Well, he wears some metal, so bfr to the sun

Black Panther - Vibranium in his suit... SQUISHY

Namor - Wears metal gauntlets, so he gets disARMED

Wonderman - Clocked with Mjolnir after acceleration

Wasp - It's the Wasp...

Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver : Hey, dad, what's up?

And he does all this while keeping his shield up of course, making him untouchable.

Am I missing something, or has Magneto never realized he could pwn the Avengers?

I possess the Wrist Lock Of Death...

Old Post May 31st, 2009 02:17 AM
Master Court is currently offline Click here to Send Master Court a Private Message Find more posts by Master Court Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think he has ever realized how much power he has.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 02:23 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Scarlet Witch should beat him

By Stoic

Old Post May 31st, 2009 03:35 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Yeah, Scarlet Witch could probably beat him some of the time, if she is willing to fight him and depending on who gets a shot off first.

Thor had Magneto well and truly on the run in their first encounter, when Thor showed that Mjolnir could simply absorb magnetic forces. Sadly Thor seems to forget a lot of his more exotic powers in many of his fights.

Really though, most of the rest of those guys wouldn't last long against Magneto. A more powerful Avengers lineup is required to kick Magneto's ass:

Thor - because with Mjolnir has show he can absorb Magneto's force fields and energy.

Quasar - herald level; can absorb any energy Mags throws at him, create force fields, fly, teleport, generate quantum energy, all forms of EM energy, extreme heat etc, some gravity manipulation. Could probably BFR Mags into the sun or a black hole if he didn't want to waste time beating him other ways.

Sersi - shown to be extremely powerful when not holding back. High level matter and energy manipulator, including total control over her own molecules, so can probably duplicate a lot of the effects Mags can do (using different means), powerful psi, super-strength, flight, cosmic energy blasts, can even reform herself after being disintegrated.

Pulsar - maybe, as long as she sticks to forms like gamma rays, photons, neutrinos etc that Mags can't do much with. She once stated that Mag's powers don't mean zip compared to hers, but as far as I know they have never fought. Like Quasar, could probably just kill Mags with a gamma ray blast to the head.

Sentry

Doc Strange - if you want to count him as an Avenger.

This team is overkill of course, some of them could probably solo Mags.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:21 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Thor - Lift the hammer, pull back, and magnetically accelerate the hammer to clock Thor in the temple, then continue until the head is nowhere to be seen"

Get ****ing real.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 31st, 2009 01:18 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Didn't wasp beat the x-men in secret wars?

lol I remember magneto beat wasp with a pen

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 31st, 2009 01:41 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Magneto sends an omni-directional assault that shuts all of their brains down.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 31st, 2009 04:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

Re: Magneto vs Avengers

quote: (post)

Thor - Lift the hammer, pull back, and magnetically accelerate the hammer to clock Thor in the temple, then continue until the head is nowhere to be seen

Mjolnir wasn't made on earth. I doubt Magneto could lift it with his hands or powers.

In the 13th century Prose Edda, Snorri Sturluson relates that the Svartálfar Sindri and Brokkr made Mjöllnir at the command of Loki.

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post May 31st, 2009 04:43 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor could solo this.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 04:55 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Thor ftw

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post May 31st, 2009 06:11 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Current Thor could solo the field, his team included.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 31st, 2009 07:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Re: Magneto vs Avengers

Originally posted by Master Court
Full-Powered and healthy Magneto versus the Classic Avengers.

Couldn't Magneto pick them off kinda easily? Using his powers he could :

Am I missing something, or has Magneto never realized he could pwn the Avengers?

you're missing a few VERY obvious things. First off:

Classic Thor's control of magnetism was actually SUPERIOR to magneto's. there's a scan in the respect thread of classic thor beating him down that I'm too lazy to look for.

Second, Stark, Pym, and T'challa are brilliant, and sitting on not only their own personal wealth, but the entire financing of the US government and Wakanda. It wouldn't take very long at all for either one to come up with a suit/device that either renders them immune to magnetic powers, or strips magneto of his abilities.

I COULD be wrong, but I think current Tony already has something like this built into his suit to defend against an attack via magneto.

but in a nutshell- no, the classic avengers really weren't powerhouses in the sense that the JLA is, and it was usually teamwork and plot devices that saved the day.

also: you left off quasar who would probably beat the holy hell out of magneto if they ever came to blows. Q-zone dump ftw

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:00 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Thor solos

Old Post May 31st, 2009 11:07 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Court

Re: Re: Magneto vs Avengers

Originally posted by The Scribe
Mjolnir wasn't made on earth. I doubt Magneto could lift it with his hands or powers.

In the 13th century Prose Edda, Snorri Sturluson relates that the Svartálfar Sindri and Brokkr made Mjöllnir at the command of Loki.

The thing is, only NON-living thing can't lift the hammer without the blessing of Odin.

Magnetic forces is simply physics.

Anyway, certainly Scarlet Witch could beat him. What I implied was that Mag's kids wouldn't oppose him, even if storyline wise they would.

And this is strictly CLASSIC Avengers, with a few semi-classic mixed in.

Iron Man was originally made of Iron. I doubt his slightly more modern forms were that much more advanced. You can't just "program" a metal not to respond to natural magnetic forces.

Okay. Maybe Thor is a bit much, but non-god level, Magneto owns, right?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 12:57 AM
Master Court is currently offline Click here to Send Master Court a Private Message Find more posts by Master Court Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Court

And never mind Hulk. What's the point? Not that Magneto could kill or even hurt him, but BFR is WAY too easy in this case.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 12:58 AM
King Kandy

Magneto can't manipulate Thor's hammer.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 01:15 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he sure as hell isn't bending cap's shield. IM has defenses like doom has defenses. thor is simply too much. be interesting to see if mag's could affect an intangible vision. stands to reason he could, but still it would be interesting to see.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:05 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by leonidas
he sure as hell isn't bending cap's shield.

He could bend Cap's shield easily IMO. I mean, the guy's bent adamantium like it was nothing...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:10 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

the vision is made of a materials closer to plastics, not metals. and there isn't any iron in his "blood".

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:19 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by psycho gundam
the vision is made of a materials closer to plastics, not metals. and there isn't any iron in his "blood".

I've seen Vision's inner circuitry. It looks like something a robot would have.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 02:20 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote