KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Emma Frost vs Exodus

Emma Frost vs Exodus
Started by: Konton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Konton
Homo Magi

Emma Frost vs Exodus

Telepathy only.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 01:28 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

Bennet takes it

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 02:58 AM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Exodus

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 03:36 AM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Exodus wins.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 04:59 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

The two were locked in a stalemate before IIRC. Why does he win?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:46 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Even if they had access to all their powers it would end up in a stalemate since Emma was able to block the use of his extra powers in the Messiah Complex, as a result she couldn't access her Diamond Form either.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 11:32 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't see how assaulting Exodus with like psionic enegy, can defeat him, when he feeds off it.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 11:55 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I just don't see how assaulting Exodus with like psionic enegy, can defeat him, when he feeds off it.

Telepathic Battles aren't just about power it's about the way you use that power see Rachel Grey who under Claremonts pen is a bastard child of Jean and the Phoenix with her unlimited reserves of psychic energy.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 12:01 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Well, Nate successfully did it, Charles successfully did it and Emma did so as well.

Stalemate, as seen before during Messiah Complex.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 01:43 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by wannabe
Well, Nate successfully did it, Charles successfully did it and Emma did so as well.

Stalemate, as seen before during Messiah Complex.

There are things that need to be mentioned though. In the case with Nate who at the time was a very inexperienced telepath Exodus was quoted in the issue as once a telepath of the highest order now relegated to a power leech (I'm paraphrasing).

He absorbed Charles's mind blast and Sersi's psionic energy in bloodties.

It's not so much trying to overload it, it's trying to override him.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 01:48 PM
Lord Feron

I always thought Exodus was more impressive. but a stalemate is a stalemate so... idk. Still gonna give the edge to Ex

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 01:59 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
There are things that need to be mentioned though. In the case with Nate who at the time was a very inexperienced telepath Exodus was quoted in the issue as once a telepath of the highest order now relegated to a power leech (I'm paraphrasing).

He absorbed Charles's mind blast and Sersi's psionic energy in bloodties.

It's not so much trying to overload it, it's trying to override him.

Right you are.
But fact is, current Emma is a match for current Exodus, whether through skill, which in Emma's case is very likely, or through sheer power is ultimately irrelevant for the outcome.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:31 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess Bishop is also an example of this.

He can supposed absorb psionic energy, but Esme was still able to mess up his mind through skill.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:34 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I guess Bishop is also an example of this.

He can supposed absorb psionic energy, but Esme was still able to mess up his mind through skill.
Depends how psionic powers are manipulated?

For example, I have psionic bolts and psionic blast defined manifested raw mental energies.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:40 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Right you are.
But fact is, current Emma is a match for current Exodus, whether through skill, which in Emma's case is very likely, or through sheer power is ultimately irrelevant for the outcome.
Its bin what, over 15 years since Blood Ties? Maybe Emma skill has progressed significantly since then. She is an active little bugger.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:42 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Right you are.
But fact is, current Emma is a match for current Exodus,

When Exodus battled Xavier in X-Men Legacy Emma could feel the backlash of their power from the institute and it pretty much implied she was inferior power-wise.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:20 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by Enyalus
When Exodus battled Xavier in X-Men Legacy Emma could feel the backlash of their power from the institute and it pretty much implied she was inferior power-wise.

Emma was called the most powerful telepath on the planet in front of Exodus in the X-Men annual and then Exodus was in awe of her telepathic work in Blinded by the light and rated her in his top 5 telepaths. That was all written by Mike Carey as well.

And no it didn't, it was to indicate that Xavier was alive and that was the combined might of psychic energy of Exodus and Xavier.

Emma blocked Exodus, Sinister and Lady M from using their powers halfway across the globe while sitting on a sofa and giving some random 198 guard a nose bleed for trying to jerk off to the visuals from the girls dorms.

And she broke the Global Skrull blockade. In terms of telepathic feats she has him trumped. But I'd still go with the stalemate. Since they did stalemate.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Jun 11th, 2009 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 08:32 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Emma was called the most powerful telepath on the planet in front of Exodus in the X-Men annual and then Exodus was in awe of her telepathic work in Blinded by the light and rated her in his top 5 telepaths. That was all written by Mike Carey as well..

Well, I guess we now know that Exodus is out of his damn mind.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 09:07 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Well, I guess we now know that Exodus is out of his damn mind.

Which is a funny thing to say, you know, because telepaths actually do spend so much time outside of their mind going into those of other people or into the astral. big grin

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 08:02 AM
ExodusCloak

Anyone see this?

I'm putting money on that being Danger disguised as Xavier.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...&disp=table

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 08:07 AM