KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ganthet vs thor

ganthet vs thor
Started by: Wild Shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

ganthet vs thor

1. classic thor

2. odin power thor

3. king thor rune power and odin power.

ko, kill bfr.

ganthet gets a green power ring. wink

pls use feats and not hyperbole or at least a convincing argument.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Jun 11th, 2009 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 06:04 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Thor takes all three matchups. Ganthet is not physically strong nor fast. His only ability is the Oan energy manipulation, which is easily countered by Mjolnir.

Took all the Guardians to crack AM's armor. That was sorta impressive. They seem to not be able to overcome Agent Orange right now, though. And as far as strictly solo feats go, one Guardian was outputting the energy of a dozen hurricanes going all out. I don't think Ganthet does much better.

So yeah...

Ganthet's almost certainly more powerful than Classic Thor, it's just that he doesn't match up well at all.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 09:12 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

bumpity bump

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 11:22 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theICONiac

What about current Ganthet? He is channeling the blue energy of 'Hope' recognized as the strongest of the spectrum.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 07:45 PM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor in all three.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by theICONiac
What about current Ganthet? He is channeling the blue energy of 'Hope' recognized as the strongest of the spectrum.

no blue energy in the OP but if you want to answer each battle that i did mention you can finish of your argument and start a new one with a.... "but if he had fought him with a blue energy this is what would happen and use feats and proper arguments.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:04 PM
theICONiac

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no blue energy in the OP but if you want to answer each battle that i did mention you can finish of your argument and start a new one with a.... "but if he had fought him with a blue energy this is what would happen and use feats and proper arguments.

Nah, too much effort...

But thanks anyway!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:30 AM
theICONiac is currently offline Click here to Send theICONiac a Private Message Find more posts by theICONiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Enyalus
Thor takes all three matchups. Ganthet is not physically strong nor fast. His only ability is the Oan energy manipulation, which is easily countered by Mjolnir.

Took all the Guardians to crack AM's armor. That was sorta impressive. They seem to not be able to overcome Agent Orange right now, though. And as far as strictly solo feats go, one Guardian was outputting the energy of a dozen hurricanes going all out. I don't think Ganthet does much better.

So yeah...

Ganthet's almost certainly more powerful than Classic Thor, it's just that he doesn't match up well at all.

You're kidding right?
First of all, did you see in Gl Rebirth. There power is greater then Spectre (over hype tho). Not only that but the can destroy the planet with a though.

They defeat 3 Gl users like nothing all high heralds. Also, the reason why their attacks don't work is because of the Orange Ring. They absorb, just like they steal. That's the point of the quote "mine" "mine"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:39 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Thor every time.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:03 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
You're kidding right?
First of all, did you see in Gl Rebirth. There power is greater then Spectre (over hype tho). Not only that but the can destroy the planet with a though.

Both statements are narrative hyperbole which aren't backed up by any Post-Crisis Guardian feat. The dozen hurricanes thing I mentioned occurred while that Guardian was in battle, so clearly wasn't hyperbole.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:34 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloud102

Ganthet isn't even the most powerful of the Guardians. You need the most powerful to hang with Thor.

B5

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:38 AM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vlaaad12345

Guardians crack planets with a thought and easily deal with multiple green lanterns,ganthet is a blue guardian now which means hes a super guardian.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:56 AM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Guardians crack planets with a thought

No, he does not. Nor will you ever find a scan of him doing such a thing.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:05 AM
vlaaad12345

According the guy who weilded their powers he can.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:15 AM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

thumb up There you go.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:17 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

can you show an example of him doing this feat? this thread is build on concrete evidence not speculation or hyperbole

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:39 AM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Enyalus
Both statements are narrative hyperbole which aren't backed up by any Post-Crisis Guardian feat. The dozen hurricanes thing I mentioned occurred while that Guardian was in battle, so clearly wasn't hyperbole.
Me thinks you say hyperbole when you don;t like it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:05 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Me thinks you say hyperbole when you don;t like it.

Not true. Otherwise I would have brought up Bor's power being able to destroy the planet in the DS vs. Bor thread. stick out tongue

Featwise the Guardians don't have anything even close to cracking the planet in half with a thought. They do have the force of a dozen hurricanes thing on their resume, though. And that's not enough to beat Thor.

I said before. Its a matchup problem. Thor absorbs energy. Ganthet gets his power from energy.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:53 PM
theICONiac

What exactly is the point of Ganthet getting a GL ring? Does that mean he has been depowered, and with the ring is a normal GL?

I thought the Guardians channel the green energy directly???

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:35 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by theICONiac
What exactly is the point of Ganthet getting a GL ring? Does that mean he has been depowered, and with the ring is a normal GL?

I thought the Guardians channel the green energy directly???

i wanted to be a smart @$$ stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:36 AM