KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » W.W. Bracers vs. B.B. Scream

W.W. Bracers vs. B.B. Scream
Started by: BattleMage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

W.W. Bracers vs. B.B. Scream

Can Wonderwoman's bracelets protect against/stop Black Bolt's scream from harming her? I am very curious.

Rest assured. DOOM made no mistake for he is PERFECTION!

Last edited by BattleMage on Dec 3rd, 2009 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 01:35 AM
BattleMage is currently offline Click here to Send BattleMage a Private Message Find more posts by BattleMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Am I way off, or dont her bracers only protect her in the small area they cover? They should be effective against like punches or OE beams, but a all emcompassing, electron wrecking scream?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 01:36 AM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

Attachment: blackbolt.jpg
This has been downloaded 131 time(s).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 01:57 AM
BattleMage is currently offline Click here to Send BattleMage a Private Message Find more posts by BattleMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

Attachment: wonder-woman1.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:05 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

They'll protect her wrists at the very least.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:11 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

It depends on the writer and the prominence of the story: she has been affected by sound and not blocked it with her bracers (such as the JLA's most recent run in with Amazo, around #24-28), but has at other times blocked wider area sonic attacks (such as when the Silver Swan attempted to kill Wonder Girl and Diana blocked a wide area by crossing her bracers). Part of the misperception stems from the nature of Diana's bracelets: it isn't simply that they are nigh indestructable -- they are the current physical embodiement of the Aegis, and can repel assaults (especially energy) with much greater effect than their physical size would indicate. Still requires great speed and strength to wield them effectively, however, against powerful attacks... or strickly physical protectiles, such as bullets, et al...

I've seen a number of "mass" blocks in the Respect thread (and in my limited collection of her, as well...)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:32 AM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

I cant see it protecting her entirely from a electron based attack that can tear a hole in reality. Also does it completely negate the actual force of the blow, or could she concievably be blown backwards from a powerful enough force?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:36 AM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redhotrash
I cant see it protecting her entirely from a electron based attack that can tear a hole in reality. Also does it completely negate the actual force of the blow, or could she concievably be blown backwards from a powerful enough force?

Oh, she could be knocked backed, even by "lesser" forces if she were caught off guard or such. But she has literally deflected the power of the assembled Olympian gods with her bracers, and that *almost* knocked her off her feet. Without the benefit of surprise, it is *very* difficult to get past her bracers/speed -- it's one of her signature effects.

But it is possible, and IMO might occur if she didn't anticipate how much power BB was dealing out at the time of an "x" attack.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:43 AM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Shes not really the type to underestimate someone, and this thread is more of a "if shes trying to protect herself, can she?" from the sound of it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:46 AM
tideoftime

Shes not really the type to underestimate someone, and this thread is more of a "if shes trying to protect herself, can she?" from the sound of it.

If it's not circumstantial specific, and just an in general question, then I'd say yes. She's demonstrated being able to repel similar attacks before (though I still reserve the right to say "but maybe not in issue "x", 'cus the writer wanted the story to go differently wink )

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:52 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: W.W. Bracers vs. B.B. Scream

Originally posted by BattleMage
Can Wonderwoman's bracelets protect against/stop Black Bolt's scream from harming her? I am very curious.
Yes.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:56 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Those bracelets don't protect her butt from getting wet in the rain.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:57 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

what if lightning was to hit her bracelets ?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:01 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

When did BB's voice rip a hole in reality?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:02 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by chomperx9

I loved the JL episode where WW blocked a bolt of lightning with her bracelets and the Flash said dumbfounded "There are so many reasons why that shouldn't have worked."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:03 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

Bracers ? how big is the Ora? are her legs protected / abdomen etc?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:07 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Also, has BB ever screamed or is it all still word of mouth?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:09 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by chomperx9

Yes. Another misperception is the physicality of the bracers -- while "metallic" in terms of touch/seeming, they are in fact the hide of Amalthea, and capable of repelling virtually any attack of virtually any nature.

HOWEVER...

There are plenty of instances where, if WW/Athena/Zeus/whoever couldn't wield them/it in time, or understand *how* to manifest its power, then they wouldn't be of immediate use/protection. (An excellent example in WW's case is posted down in the "Martian Manhunter vs. Magneto" thread; although it has a scan meant to show how MM is vulnerable to heavy magnetic attack, that scan also shows how WW was "physically" held by Dr. Polaris' electrical/magnetic attack -- this was due to her getting caught off guard and not being able to deflect the attack by crossing her bracers, etc, and because while resistant to electrical attack, she isn't as resistant as Captain Marvel, Superman, et al...)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:13 AM
tideoftime

Originally posted by BattleMage
Bracers ? how big is the Ora? are her legs protected / abdomen etc?

It has demonstrated as being that large an area before, in terms of energy attacks. Somebody else (Zeuodin, I presume, but I could be wrong) had posted one of the pics where she manifested the aura of the Aegis, and it seemed to protect her body. Again, this depends on writer/importance of the effect to the story. As we all know, variability is the hallmark of comics. But yes, she has blocked area attacks that are greater than what the bracers size would indicate. It's not like Captain America's shield, where they are simply indestructable. There is a powerful mystical component at work, as well.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:18 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I loved the JL episode where WW blocked a bolt of lightning with her bracelets and the Flash said dumbfounded "There are so many reasons why that shouldn't have worked."
what was the name of the episode ?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 03:20 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote