KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

Superman vs. Martian Manhunter
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

One thing I've always been curious of, is that if Martian manhunter is supposedly super fast, super strong, nigh invincible, can fly, has eyebeams - so he's basically comparable to superman - plus he has matter manipulation and psychic powers, why is superman always seen as superior to him?

Logicallly speaking, I would have thought MM to be superior. So is there any other reason why superman is always considered superior to him asides from the fact that superman is DC's flagship character? your thoughts please.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:24 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

MM is superior to Supes as is Flash. but Supes is always said to be the most powerful hero on earth, which isn't true

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:25 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

MM should win 10/10 in a fight. But he wouldn't get a single win in comics because, as you said, Superman is DC's flagship character.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:25 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
One thing I've always been curious of, is that if Martian manhunter is supposedly super fast, super strong, nigh invincible, can fly, has eyebeams - so he's basically comparable to superman - plus he has matter manipulation and psychic powers, why is superman always seen as superior to him?

Logicallly speaking, I would have thought MM to be superior. So is there any other reason why superman is always considered superior to him asides from the fact that superman is DC's flagship character? your thoughts please.

he might be fast, but he's not as fast as superman. he might be strong, but he's not as strong as superman.

and so on and so forth.

even his telepathy won't get the job done.

bingo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Dec 5th, 2009 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

laughing

Rest assured. DOOM made no mistake for he is PERFECTION!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 02:23 AM
BattleMage is currently offline Click here to Send BattleMage a Private Message Find more posts by BattleMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

MM should take 50%

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 02:26 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Martian Manhunter is weak to fire and Superman's heat vision is to J'onn what Kryptonite-vision would be to Superman.
That said Martian Manhunter is definitely a contender, especially in an arena setting. In fact the reason they got Plastic Man to join the JLA was because of his TP immunity and they had no way of reliably combating J'onn in case he went rogue, not even Superman was certain he could stop him.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 02:27 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Martian Manhunter is weak to fire and Superman's heat vision is to J'onn what Kryptonite-vision would be to Superman.
That said Martian Manhunter is definitely a contender, especially in an arena setting. In fact the reason they got Plastic Man to join the JLA was because of his TP immunity and they had no way of reliably combating J'onn in case he went rogue, not even Superman was certain he could stop him.

The MM respect thread has multiple scans of him phasing through heat vision.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 03:08 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Konton

Why doesn't he ever phase through fire though? That seems inconsistent.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 03:16 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why doesn't he ever phase through fire though? That seems inconsistent.

Fire is more of a mental threat than physical. Maybe he's just not psychologically threatened by heat vision like his is fire.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 03:24 AM
Zeuodin
Restricted

Account Restricted

a ridiculous example if ever one. Since he could have phased thru mercy game. this is also the same guy who matter manipulated his body and held several JLEr's in place?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 03:31 AM
Zeuodin is currently offline Click here to Send Zeuodin a Private Message Find more posts by Zeuodin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zeuodin
a ridiculous example if ever one. Since he could have phased thru mercy game. this is also the same guy who matter manipulated his body and held several JLEr's in place?
calm down, sancho. i merely used that scan to represent the fact that a being who has felt the power of both superman AND j'onn stated that superman was >.

aside from that, j'onn is/was among the most CIS-ridden characters in comics, period. he goes down to superman every single time.
thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 03:54 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeuodin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
calm down, sancho. i merely used that scan to represent the fact that a being who has felt the power of both superman AND j'onn stated that superman was >.

aside from that, j'onn is/was among the most CIS-ridden characters in comics, period. he goes down to superman every single time.
thumb up
everyone goes down to Superman in DC. On this board however, without PIS or CIS, Superman could never beat MM. MM would fight way too smart, read superman's thoughts, react to his next moves, etc.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 04:51 AM
Zeuodin is currently offline Click here to Send Zeuodin a Private Message Find more posts by Zeuodin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Superman wins. He is resistant to tp so MMS only chance is wasted. furthermore, Superman is a better brawled, and fighter. Superman is more expirienced and creative. So MM might be as strong but he isn't Superman. Superman is still faster and more durable

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 05:36 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

is he resistant simply coz he has strong will power? or does he have certain abilities that really make his mind harder to penetrate?

coz the few times i've seen him resisting TP, it's simply coz he was forcing his will not to be bent... in which case i assumed this was another result of his "flagship" status since he really isn't stated as being resistant to TP.

i could be wrong though, i haven't been that updated with superman lately.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 05:39 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by FrothByte
is he resistant simply coz he has strong will power? or does he have certain abilities that really make his mind harder to penetrate?

coz the few times i've seen him resisting TP, it's simply coz he was forcing his will not to be bent... in which case i assumed this was another result of his "flagship" status since he really isn't stated as being resistant to TP.

i could be wrong though, i haven't been that updated with superman lately.
All of the above and more. I'll explain tomorrow, hard to do so on an iPhone

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 05:42 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeuodin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xJLxKing
All of the above and more. I'll explain tomorrow, hard to do so on an iPhone
He's been mind controlled before. But Being Psy blasted is something totally different.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 05:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zeuodin
everyone goes down to Superman in DC. On this board however, without PIS or CIS, Superman could never beat MM. MM would fight way too smart, read superman's thoughts, react to his next moves, etc.

except he doesn't do that against most of his opponents.

and people still have to fight IN character on the forum. they do what THEY'D do, not what you think they'd do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 07:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Konton

Yep

(please log in to view the image)

Honestly this should happen every time Superman takes a swing.

And just because I found this funny:

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 08:27 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote