KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cassandra Nova vs. Shaman X-Man

Cassandra Nova vs. Shaman X-Man
Started by: pinksushi1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pinksushi1

Cassandra Nova vs. Shaman X-Man

This is Shaman X-Man from the recent Dark X-Men Comics.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:15 PM
pinksushi1 is currently offline Click here to Send pinksushi1 a Private Message Find more posts by pinksushi1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I don't think current X-Man is actually Shaman X-Man....

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:17 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinksushi1

And why would that be the case?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:20 PM
pinksushi1 is currently offline Click here to Send pinksushi1 a Private Message Find more posts by pinksushi1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think current X-Man is actually Shaman X-Man....
Why Not?..He said so when he was talking to Sentry on how they stale mated Big G... confused

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:22 PM
nicamarvin is currently offline Click here to Send nicamarvin a Private Message Find more posts by nicamarvin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Pretty sure the Shaman powerup was only for 3-5 issues towards the end of X-Man, and he didn't keep the powerup.

Maybe Id or someone will come in here and drop some knowledge.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:23 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure the Shaman powerup was only for 3-5 issues towards the end of X-Man, and he didn't keep the powerup.

Maybe Id or someone will come in here and drop some knowledge.
... confused I think he is way more powerful than his past Shaman days... smokin'

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:31 PM
nicamarvin is currently offline Click here to Send nicamarvin a Private Message Find more posts by nicamarvin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinksushi1

Originally posted by nicamarvin
... confused I think he is way more powerful than his past Shaman days... smokin'

I concur.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:33 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Okay.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:33 PM
pinksushi1

Originally posted by pinksushi1
I concur.

More powerful and more skilled.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:34 PM
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay.
..... confused in the past he was barely a match for Martian Man Hunter, Now He takes on him and GLs and wins(at least most people here think so)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:45 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wut? no expression

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by leonidas
wut? no expression

Leo? He doesn't keep that Shaman powerup, right? So Current X-Man =/= Shaman X-Man?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:48 PM
Nihilist

wut? no expression
I know.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:50 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:50 PM
nicamarvin
Restricted

Account Restricted

wut? no expression
Check this Nate vs SuperMan thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...an+forumid%3A77

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:55 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I hear there are some X-Man questions, how can I be of some service?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 06:25 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by "Id"
I hear there are some X-Man questions, how can I be of some service?

I was curious as to if the X-Man currently shown in Dark X-Men is actually Nate as Shaman X-Man. I had thought he'd lost the...erm, powerup, so to speak.

But it looks like I was wrong?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 08:56 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Leo? He doesn't keep that Shaman powerup, right? So Current X-Man =/= Shaman X-Man?

i don't think we can say yet one way or the other, based on everything i've read. he seems different in this incarnation. whether he's retained all his power, i don't think we can say. least i've not yet seen proof to support that idea.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 02:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I was curious as to if the X-Man currently shown in Dark X-Men is actually Nate as Shaman X-Man. I had thought he'd lost the...erm, powerup, so to speak.

But it looks like I was wrong?

That is in fact Nate Grey returning from his quasi death. The writer commented this is Shaman version of X-Man. Interesting enough the artist commented he would tweak his look.

quote:
There was one “Dark X-Men” character that Cornell could talk about in some detail though. He's not a team member, he's a target. His name is Nate Grey AKA X-Man. The son of an alternate reality's Jean Grey and Cyclops, Grey first appeared in the 90's X-Men storyline “The Age of Apocalypse.” At the close of that storyline he found himself in the mainstream Marvel Universe where he put his vast mutant powers to work as a hero. During one of those exploits it looked like Nate sacrificed his life to save the world from alien invasion and “Dark X-Men” marks his return to the Marvel Universe.

“He's near omnipotent, the mutant shaman, and he's terrifying to my cast of characters,” Cornell said. “That’s because he's exactly what they don't want in play right now: a very powerful, charismatic, alternative leader of mutant affairs. And a Summers, to boot. X-Man is dreaming his way back into the world, the deadliest possible hero.”

For more information read the following, article.
http://comicbookresources.com/?page...le&id=22476

i don't think we can say yet one way or the other, based on everything i've read. he seems different in this incarnation. whether he's retained all his power, i don't think we can say. least i've not yet seen proof to support that idea.

Members are making an uproar over his new abilities. Yet if you pay attention it’s mostly the same old abilities, just refined with more finesse. The only new abilities that I know of are Body Swap, and Mental Energy Drain.

That I can assure, because I am redoing his respect thread. And I am looking to make it better then my Kyle Rayner (GL). That’s means looking into a lot of detail.

Last edited by "Id" on Feb 27th, 2010 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 04:43 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

IGN Comics: We're told Nate Grey, better known as X-Man, is set to return in Dark X-Men. How does Nate factor into this mini-series, and is he the same character fans knew from the '90s? Is Nate joining the Dark X-Men?

Cornell: He's the same guy, back from the human unconscious. He's the main antagonist of our 'heroes', someone of vast power and vast ethical perspective, a real threat to everything Osborn wants to do with mutants.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 06:46 PM