KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Immortality Vs Invincibility

Immortality Vs Invincibility
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Immortality Vs Invincibility

which would you have.

I have returned

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:11 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

If by invincibility, you mean total invulnerability to all forms of pain ala Juggernaut, then I choose that.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:15 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If by invincibility, you mean total invulnerability to all forms of pain ala Juggernaut, then I choose that.
but you will die of age.

I have returned

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:16 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
but you will die of age.

Does Juggernaut age?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:17 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Does Juggernaut age?

The thread isn't immortality vs. Juggernaut. You can't have both.

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Digi
The thread isn't immortality vs. Juggernaut. You can't have both.

stick out tongue

That is why I asked this:

And yes, if he does mean that, then I do get both

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:23 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

And yes, if he does mean that, then I do get both

A bit of applied reason should inform us that he does not. If we could choose both, there would be no point to the thread, as there would be no conflict or decision to be made.

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Immortality can be a curse, you still live after all your friends and family members died and let's go the whole way of immortality you will see the sun die and all other stars and will be damned to exist in eternal darkness.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:29 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

See the problem I've always had with invulnerability is that as well as preventing you from feeling pain and extreme temperatures it would also leave you unable to sense pleasant things like a handshake or a kiss since the same general sensory receptors are used to interpret those stimuli.

As for immortality I'd ask which kind. Biological or total? Total WOULD SUCK. Biological immortality (never dying of old age but still mortal to things like decapitation and complete dismemberment) is a lot better IMO.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
See the problem I've always had with invulnerability is that as well as preventing you from feeling pain and extreme temperatures it would also leave you unable to sense pleasant things like a handshake or a kiss since the same general sensory receptors are used to interpret those stimuli.

As for immortality I'd ask which kind. Biological or total? Total WOULD SUCK. Biological immortality (never dying of old age but still mortal to things like decapitation and complete dismemberment) is a lot better IMO.

well total immortal would mean you are invinciable as well.
so you live forever and is ammune to disease and toxins and aging affects, but you "can" be killed.
invincibility mean you cannot be killed but will die of old age.

just like the olympion gods. they all are immortal which means they live forever if they arent killed.

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Apr 2nd, 2010 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:35 PM
Mr. Toad

Shouldn't this be in the OT?

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:35 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by geshien
Shouldn't this be in the OT?
well i was origionally asking which would you have in marvel, but you can also pick which would you have in the real world

I have returned

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:39 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'd choose immortality. You can find more people to love, and time heals emotional wounds. You may even live long enough for humanity to get our heads out of our asses and act for the collective good rather than this culture of exploitation and greed. Maybe advance technologically and colonize other planets a la Star Trek (wishful, though highly unlikely, thinking).

At worst you could travel the world and live multiple lives until the bombs drop.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:40 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd choose immortality. You can find more people to love, and time heals emotional wounds. You may even live long enough for humanity to get our heads out of our asses and act for the collective good rather than this culture of exploitation and greed. Maybe advance technologically and colonize other planets a la Star Trek (wishful, though highly unlikely, thinking).

At worst you could travel the world and live multiple lives until the bombs drop.

Or until the Quickening.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

invincibility would "realistically" make you immune to aging as aging is a decaying process coupled with a wearing down of your body.

more OT: id rather be immortal, because i want to be able to see future inventions. once id gotten bored with life id kill myself in an awesome way

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:53 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

With invincibility you could freeze yourself for 100 or 200 years stick out tongue

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:55 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

but id miss all the tech advances inbetween, and thats what i want to see big grin

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 10:00 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i want immortality!!! it be cool as hell..

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 10:06 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Being invincible should make you immune to the ravages of time. After all, aging is an attack on the body.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 10:07 PM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Being invincible should make you immune to the ravages of time. After all, aging is an attack on the body.
Originally posted by Digi
A bit of applied reason should inform us that he does not. If we could choose both, there would be no point to the thread, as there would be no conflict or decision to be made.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 10:08 PM