KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel Blackest Night

Marvel Blackest Night
Started by: DarthDaniel1001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Marvel Blackest Night

The Blackest Night has come to the Marvel Universe! How do you think the Marvel Earth would deal with almost every single dead hero and villain coming back to haunt them?

Scenario 1: Night Thrasher, Microbe, Namorita, and Scarlet Spider attack the still-alive New Warriors Firestar, Justice, Penance, and Rage.

Scenario 2: Spider-Man must either survive Black Lantern versions of his parents, his uncle, the Stacys, and a new Sinister Six (Kraven, Mysterio, Carnage, Jackal, Stilt-Man, and Jack O' Lantern) for 15 minutes or destroy them all.

Scenario 3: Wolverine Vs. Black Lantern Sabertooth

Scenario 4: The current New Avengers (Bucky as Cap, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ronin, Mockingbird, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, and Thor) Vs. the Black Lantern Avengers (Steve Rogers, The Vision, Ant-Man, Swordsman, Scarlet Witch, and Captain Mar-Vell)

Scenario 5: EVERYONE from the previous four scenarios Vs. ALL of the Black Lanterns from the previous four scenarios, but with a twist....

Green Lantern Spider-Man
Blue Lantern Iron Man
Agent Orange Doom
Sinestro Corps Green Goblin
Indigo Tribe Nightcrawler
Star Sapphire Invisible Woman

Scenario 6: Black Lantern Odin Vs. The Current Marvel Earth

Discuss! Who wins what?

With Great Power, comes great responsibility
-Ben Parker

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:09 PM
DarthDaniel1001 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

Green Lantern Spider-Man
Blue Lantern Iron Man

I'd... maybe swap those? I don't really see Iron Man as 'hope'...

Captain America would probably be the best hope.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:17 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Think about it. As director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and head of the Pro-Registration forces, he helped promote the registration act, which did help some people sleep a little easier. True, a lot of people are shown to hate him, but a lot of people are shown to live him to. And he is a leader, just like Steve. People look up to him. I'd say he has the ability to instill great hope.

Oh, and I forgot to put him in, but Red Lantern Wolverine is also in scenario 5

-Ben Parker

Last edited by DarthDaniel1001 on Apr 7th, 2010 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:21 PM
DarthDaniel1001 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthDaniel1001 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDaniel1001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Re: Marvel Blackest Night

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Blue Lantern Iron Man
laughing

In german "being blue" means being drunk.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:28 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Look, are you gonna debate my choices for the Lanterns or are you actually going to discuss the scenarios?

-Ben Parker

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:31 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Marvel Earth lacks the cosmics that DC always has in-house. They'd need everyone in space helping out to have any chance whatsoever. The thousands upon thousands of cosmics that the various Corps provided didn't hurt either. The MU might be screwed.

{edit} wait wait. Reed Richards. I change my mind.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by DarthDaniel1001
Look, are you gonna debate my choices for the Lanterns or are you actually going to discuss the scenarios?
They all die.
The black ring provides the ability to fly and massive HFs.

EDIT: Except maybe scenario 5

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:37 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Black Lantern Odin is gonna stomp.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 03:39 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

Iceman soloes. Black Lanterns can't see through ice.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 04:26 PM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Give dr doom the yellow ring instead.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 05:53 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dr. Doom should always get the Green Ring in these kind of scenarios. Despite it's a "good guy" weapon, Doom's willpower is among the greatest in Marvel. His will is certainly >>>> Spider-Man's.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 06:22 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should always get the Green Ring in these kind of scenarios. Despite it's a "good guy" weapon, Doom's willpower is among the greatest in Marvel. His will is certainly >>>> Spider-Man's.

Isn't yellow ring also based on willpower?

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 06:24 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by amnesia
Isn't yellow ring also based on willpower?

Yellow or Qwardian rings are based on the ability to instill great fear. Willpower can't really hurt (unless you're willpower completely overrides your ability to instill fear ala Batman), but it's not essential to learning how to use the ring.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 06:28 PM
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

The Green Lantern rings cannot go to one who would not be considered worthy. Doom would use his ring for murder and personal gain. Green Lanterns are forbidden from doing both. Hence, Doom is Agent Orange here.

-Ben Parker

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 07:07 PM
DarthDaniel1001
Sith Mandalore

Originally posted by Survivor19
Iceman soloes. Black Lanterns can't see through ice.

If Black Lanterns where so vulnerable to ice that Iceman could solo here, then Captain Cold and Killer Frost would have taken out all of the Black Lanterns in Blackest Night by themselves. As it is, they didn't. And Iceman's not in any of these scenarios anyway, except the last one, but I doubt that he's going to do much there. big grin

-Ben Parker

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 07:10 PM
Survivor19

quote:
If Black Lanterns where so vulnerable to ice that Iceman could solo here, then Captain Cold and Killer Frost would have taken out all of the Black Lanterns in Blackest Night by themselves

Well, they are not 'vulnerable'. But BN: Batman states that they can't see through ice.
So... well, maybe he doesn't solo, but he can hide brainy ones for enough time to 1-hit-kill all BLs in the universe. After all, their weakness is entire emotional spectrum, that can't be hard. Right?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 07:26 PM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote