KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Asgard vs Oa

Asgard vs Oa
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Asgard vs Oa

Asgard gets invaded.

This is classic Asgard (Personal preference), with Odin at the helm. No outside help from their ally's with the exception of Beta Ray Bill and Loki. (When push comes to shove, I think he'd side with his own, if only because his ego can't take cosmic police mortals taking over..)

Oa is the pre Blackest Night version, with 7200 GL's and honor guards Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner, Hal Jordan, John Stewart..... The usual. Also, the Guardians get involved directly (Odin would clean up otherwise.)

Who wins?

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 02:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Is Oa invading Asgard, Asgard invading Oa, or is it a campaign of battles throughout the universe?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 02:56 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Is Oa invading Asgard, Asgard invading Oa, or is it a campaign of battles throughout the universe?

Just amended it.

Seems fair to give Asgard the home turf advantage, given the GL's numbers (Even if most of them are noobs), plus The Guardians aren't any weaker for being outside of Oa as Odin is outside of Asgard.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 03:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big o
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oa wins cuz their numbers imean 7000GL's+Guardians of the universe=one nasty army

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 05:41 AM
big o is currently offline Click here to Send big o a Private Message Find more posts by big o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnny Sorrow
Silent actor

Oa way overkill.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 05:49 AM
Johnny Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send Johnny Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by Johnny Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was thinking Odin would use the Asgardian Destroyer for this.. And really, of all 7200 GL's, how many are truely a threat?

Ok, what if I spotted Asgard their ally's too? Anyone who's ever been friendly with Asgard, but only specific to Thor comics. So Atum is green lighted, but Avengers are not.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 08:15 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Odin alone can bust galaxies, which is enough firepower to decimate quite a large number of Lanterns. Surtur has done as much as well w/ the Twilight sword, iirc. Loki's telepathy has reached across galaxies/dimensions. Then you have Hela who could raise the dead and claim the souls of dead Lanterns as her own ala some Blackest Night shit, and I don't see how this is a stomp for Oa at all.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Apr 22nd, 2010 at 08:25 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 08:23 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Edit

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 08:25 AM
Desaad

At TIMES Odin can bust galaxies. One time, confirmed, another time retconned (as tapping into the power of the cosmic being Infinity) At others, he'll get taken out by magical poisons or earthquakes or some Dark Gods.

Given the average power of an Asgardian, this is terrible overkill with the Guardians. I really believe that the Corps, with the Alpha Lanterns, the Fists of the Guardians (robots), and maybe some of the other Guardian weapons could do the job. The Great Green Glob alone alters reality on a planetary scale.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 08:47 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i say Asgard should be able to fend off the corps not easily but in a down and dirty fight i say they can win so long as they are not the new modern Asgardians that appear no more powerful then a slightly peak human.

if the thor corps can be used and eric with his axe amp prior to death they would decimate a large number of GL fodder easy.

combined with magic and the aesirs and the rest of the beings in asgard they should be able to beat the GL.. they would need the pre retcon blue midgets to contend against asgard.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 09:06 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i say Asgard should be able to fend off the corps not easily but in a down and dirty fight i say they can win so long as they are not the new modern Asgardians that appear no more powerful then a slightly peak human.

if the thor corps can be used and eric with his axe amp prior to death they would decimate a large number of GL fodder easy.

combined with magic and the aesirs and the rest of the beings in asgard they should be able to beat the GL.. they would need the pre retcon blue midgets to contend against asgard.

pre retcon?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 09:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

b4 they were killed off and remade by kyle back in the day when they were all able to do slightly more impressive construct feats then their corps men..

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 10:01 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

The problem here is Odin. Though, I don't think Odin alone can take 7000 Lanterns, Ion, the Guardians, and still live to tell the tale. If I remember correctly, a few guardians with a dozen Green Lanterns were able to stop a galaxy destroying blast, so if Odin starts poping those up, they will handle themselves.

The last issue is stopping time

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:20 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So by allies do you mean that the Frost Giants, the Elves, the Dwarves, the Demons. All those guys are with Asgard.

If that's the case then

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, and Hela go to town especially if Surtur has the twighlight sword.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:30 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Odin can easily banish and wipe 7000 corps men.. he did it to the earth population this is light work for him.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:33 PM
xJLxKing

Odin can easily banish and wipe 7000 corps men.. he did it to the earth population this is light work for him.

Human=/=Green Lanterns

quote:
So by allies do you mean that the Frost Giants, the Elves, the Dwarves, the Demons. All those guys are with Asgard. If that's the case then Odin, Surtur, Ymir, and Hela go to town especially if Surtur has the twighlight sword.

No allies

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 01:07 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

high end skyfather > GL rings i dont see them all even seeing that type of attack coming let alone being able to stop it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 01:11 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Human=/=Green Lanterns

No allies
I thought the thread starter made the correction so that Asgard would have its Allies.

Either way excluding the recent Siege arc Asgard does have a ton of Magical Juice backing them. Odin in the Destroyer with the Odinsword would be a nightmare for the GL corps to face.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 01:16 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

He said only Beta Ray Bill and Loki. Well, if you look at Siege or their encounter with the doombots, it's clear they are in no position to fight 7200 mid herald. Add in the Guardians, Ion, and the Alpha Lanterns and imo, it's clear Asgard can't stand without Odin.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 01:18 PM
xJLxKing

high end skyfather > GL rings i dont see them all even seeing that type of attack coming let alone being able to stop it.

As I said before, The Guardians and a dozen of Lanterns were able to stop a Galaxy destroying attack with no effort whatsoever.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 01:19 PM