KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova vs Wonder Woman

Nova vs Wonder Woman
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Nova vs Wonder Woman

Full power Nova vs Wonder Woman.

Who wins?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 10:51 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Wonder Woman, but it's a nice fight.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 10:55 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

According to some people WW>>>SS.WW wins.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 11:35 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Who rates her above Surfer?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 12:08 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

By Nova I assume you're talking about Frankie Raye?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 01:45 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black bolt z
According to some people WW>>>SS.WW wins.

Originally posted by Q99
Who rates her above Surfer?

Yeah, Diana isn't = to Surfer imo, and she certainly isn't > than him, either.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 01:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Which nova?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:06 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

People tend to call Herald-Nova 'Frankie' and call Richie "Nova". Especially the 'full power' comment makes me think Richie.

Still, there's Nova, Nova, and Nova.

Funnily enough, I don't think anyone with the name would beat Diana in the majority.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:15 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I can see richard winning

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:17 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Some of the time, sure. IMO not the majority.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:18 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I'd give him 6/10 stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 07:20 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Wow. Is Wonder Woman really that Tough? How much gravimetric weight could she withstand being compressed onto her chest?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 08:20 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Nova people!

He will match her speedwise and gravitate her down to the surface.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 08:45 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firestorms

Frankie loses badly in a brawl, she wasn't a tough herald. Nova didn't really have that bullet proof glaze coating like Surfer and she could die in a physical fight. Frankie might score a BFR win if she can teleport Diana away or dump Diana in time wormhole or something

Richard loses out in a very close fight, Diana might be less durable but she has higher strength and the higher fighting skill feats. Richard is no slouch and would give her the fight of her life. I give a tiny majority to Wonder Woman

Originally posted by dmills
Wow. Is Wonder Woman really that Tough?

Yeah she is tough against raw power and raw force. If you want to break her the bad guys usually use bullets and claws that cut her body but against just blunt force her skin does fine.
Maybe if Nova butted her with the sharp edge of his armor an upset might happen or maybe not,
IMO he will give her a close fight but I still think he will not match her skill as a fighter.

Last edited by Firestorms on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 09:20 PM
Firestorms is currently offline Click here to Send Firestorms a Private Message Find more posts by Firestorms Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

@firestorm,

Wow. I'll have to read up on Diana then. Do you think she could resist Nova's Phased pulse or his Compressed gravimetric pulse? Also, do you rank her skill level higher then Gamora?

Last edited by dmills on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 11:22 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote:
Diana may be less durable but she has higher strength levels.

That's one of the more perplexing things about what DnA are doing with Nova right now. An average nova centurian is class 20 in strength, but Rich was always written/portrayed as stronger then an average centurian. More like class 50. Now he's Nova Prime and is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful then a centurian, yet he is written at around Wonder Man/She Hulk level. Class 100 sure, but low class 100.

I know DnA are pushing the gravity thing as trumping raw strength, which it does, but it's still an inconsistancy that annoy's me.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 12:12 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Although I will say, I just saw the pencils for the preview of Thanos Imperative #1. It looks like Richard is flat out kicking people's assess in the scenes I've seen so far. Some viseral stuff.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 12:19 AM
Q99

quote:

Yeah she is tough against raw power and raw force. If you want to break her the bad guys usually use bullets and claws that cut her body but against just blunt force her skin does fine.

And even then they better be strong bullets and claws.

Plus of course the block-all bracers.

quote:
Also, do you rank her skill level higher then Gamora?

Dunno how high you rank Gamora, but Diana often trained in hand to hand with Batman (powers off of course), and he says she's the most deadly melee fighter in the league period.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 24th, 2010 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:06 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by dmills
That's one of the more perplexing things about what DnA are doing with Nova right now. An average nova centurian is class 20 in strength, but Rich was always written/portrayed as stronger then an average centurian. More like class 50. Now he's Nova Prime and is supposed to be thousands of times more powerful then a centurian, yet he is written at around Wonder Man/She Hulk level. Class 100 sure, but low class 100.

I know DnA are pushing the gravity thing as trumping raw strength, which it does, but it's still an inconsistancy that annoy's me.

I think it's just a matter of Worldmind seriously limiting Richards power levels, so he doesn't end up going the way of "Nova Omega"...

You know, the Nova who was gigantic and held off a team consisting of The Avengers, including Thor, Quasar, and the Fantastic Four.

And I think Nova's tough enough to take WW..

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:31 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Q99
And even then they better be strong bullets and claws.

Plus of course the block-all bracers.

Dunno how high you rank Gamora, but Diana often trained in hand to hand with Batman (powers off of course), and he says she's the most deadly melee fighter in the league period.

Spars with Dinah too, who impressed Shiva so much she wanted to make her an apprentice.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 02:33 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote