KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine & Sabretooth Vs. Link & Simon Belmont (Fully Equipped)

Wolverine & Sabretooth Vs. Link & Simon Belmont (Fully Equipped)
Started by: illadelph12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Wolverine & Sabretooth Vs. Link & Simon Belmont (Fully Equipped)

Battle takes place in the countryside of Hyrule. Link and Simon are equipped with all of their swords, whips, arrows, bombs, gauntlets, boots, masks, etc., and Link has Epona (his mount).

No Triforce, no magical attacks other than flame/ice/light arrows. Melee weapons, projectiles, and explosives only.

[Note: Per forum rules combatants begin .5 km apart].

Discuss.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 5th, 2010 05:06 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

team link via quicktime events. otherwise they get eviscerated.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 05:44 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Belmont is at least metahuman in certain aspects, imo. He's pretty agile and strong. I think Link and Belmont can exploit their ranged capabilities enough to get a win.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:31 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Link and Simon win.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:34 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Did I read correctly that you're allowing the fire and ice arrows?

Because the ice arrows can freeze an active volcano, and a liquid lava plume, instantly. no expression step one: apply ice arrow, step two: apply kinetic energy resulting in a shattered pair of d00dz.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:44 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Link and Simon's reaction times are the same as mine, Wolverine blitzes them. evil face

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:55 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Link and Simon's reaction times are the same as mine, Wolverine blitzes them. evil face

FAAAALLLSE. Dunno about Simon, but Link has some good reaction feats.

Also, Link, allowed all his swords, has a time stop. smile Pretty handy to prevent a blitz.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:56 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

He has a point Delph. It would be more even if Link just had his sword, or this was Deathverine, possibly change the battlefield to give team 1 some stealth options like a night time setting. Also I would respectfully suggest using a specific version of Link like OOT or TP since they're all different.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:57 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He has a point Delph. It would be more even if Link just had his sword, or this was Deathverine, possibly change the battlefield to give team 1 some stealth options like a night time setting. Also I would respectfully suggest using a specific version of Link like OOT or TP since they're all different.

This, if you give me composite Link I can and will bring up obscure and broken feats and abilities to feed my fanboyism.

Though, I do kinda enjoy having all of Link's items at my disposal. Intangibility is total cheating, though. erm

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:59 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
FAAAALLLSE. Dunno about Simon, but Link has some good reaction feats.

Also, Link, allowed all his swords, has a time stop. smile Pretty handy to prevent a blitz.

They are controlled by the player, their reactions times aren't even remotely on the same level as Wolverine or Sabs. Since Wolverine has a record reaction time of around 10x human, I know he'd blitz the hell out of me, and I am the one who controls Link and Simon. evil face

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:01 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

^ Then let's use X-Men Mutant Apocalypse Wolverine evil face

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:02 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

They are controlled by the player, their reactions times aren't even remotely on the same level as Wolverine or Sabs. Since Wolverine has a record reaction time of around 10x human, I know he'd blitz the hell out of me, and I am the one who controls Link and Simon. evil face

Sir, this is a poor argument. no expression By this logic Dante of Devil May Cry, despite, you know, catching bullets in his teeth and stuff, has human reaction time, because a human controls him and reacts to said thingsi n gameplay.

Also, 10x human? That'd be I guess, 1/10th of our 0.25? that puts Wolverine at 0.025 reaction time. Luckily, Link can thrust his sword in less than 0.02, yeah...

Conversely, Dark Link is a stupid quick character. He can backflip onto that crap. no expression

Edit: also, timestop.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:04 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Come on now, let's be easy about things like this and take things more seriously or else this will be the last special thread we have. Don't ruin it or make Delph look bad please, just be civil as the Link/Belmont supporters are being.

Although you control Link when he reacts and does things in the game, you can not get past that part without doing it and you making Link do it doesn't steal from the opponent's speed or anything like that.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:05 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

^ He wasn't serious

my guess

EDIT: Does respect threads exist for manga/anime/video games too?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:06 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Oh, well... I've seen similar arguments against Link before in games v.s., so I jump on them reflexively. confused

Edit: Yes, there are respect threads. I was gonna make Link's, but someone beat me to it by a single day. sad

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:07 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Parmaniac
^ He wasn't serious

my guess

EDIT: Does respect threads exist for manga/anime/video games too?

I know how we work around here, Scream isn't used to it hence me asking both sides to keep it civil.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:08 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

wouldn't time stop be considered a magical attack?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:09 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:09 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by jalek moye
wouldn't time stop be considered a magical attack?
Not sure, actually. It doesn't actually hurt anything, but it could be considered an attack, i suppose. Will wait for Delph to make the call.

I don't think a time slow could possibly count though. >_>

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:11 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Evil smilie = not serious

Sheesh

Old Post May 5th, 2010 07:27 PM