KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange

Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange

Both are at their max power.No BFR

1:No prep
2:2 days prep for both
3:5 days prep for both.
They both have accsess to their regular materials.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 10:37 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Strange on all of them.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 10:46 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Both are at their max power.
Well then.... Doom from "What If: Secret Wars" ftw. happy

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 29th, 2010 11:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tests

classic strange annihilates doom in all scenarios

Old Post May 29th, 2010 11:16 PM
tests is currently offline Click here to Send tests a Private Message Find more posts by tests Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tests

Re: Re: Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange

[QUOTE=12761273]Originally posted by Galan007
Well then.... Doom from "What If: Secret Wars" ftw. happy [/QUOTE

stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2010 11:17 PM
tests is currently offline Click here to Send tests a Private Message Find more posts by tests Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Strange wins them all.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 05:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Lol at you people.

Doom wins.

He has had Beyonder's power or Beyonder's power and the IG.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 30th, 2010 05:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

secret wars Doom FTW.

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post May 30th, 2010 05:48 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Doom ftw, don't think classic Strange ever approached Marquis of Death levels of power (nevermind Beyonder levels!).

w/ prep is pure spite against Strange.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 30th, 2010 09:55 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at you people.

you people sad

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:02 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by janus77
Doom ftw, don't think classic Strange ever approached Marquis of Death levels of power
That 'version' of Doom has no confirmed feats to warrant placing him on such a high level. Reflect for a moment...

-The MoD turned Doom's blood into acid and sent him to the pre-historic era where he was ripped apart by the 'locals'. He later said that "hate kept him alive", but c'mon, Doom is also an adept time traveler. And as Morgana has demonstrated, time traveling can be used to gain one relative immortality (Dark Avengers #2-3.)

-Doom said that he transformed himself molecule by molecule so the MoD couldn't recognize him - but considering all of Doom's abilities/tech, I doubt it would be that hard for him to change the molecules of his body.

-Doom said that he killed a Watcher - but no specifics pertaining to how he did so were ever revealed.

-Lastly, Doom blasted the MoD after he had already been wtfpwned by the F4, and was pathetically weak.

He just wasn't overly impressive in retrospect. Imo.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Not only that, only clyde could weaken his alternate furture self enough for doom to kill him. Strange gets prep too and he is also a monster with it.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:24 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Galan007
That 'version' of Doom has no confirmed feats to warrant placing him on such a high level. Reflect for a moment...

-The MoD turned Doom's blood into acid and sent him to the pre-historic era where he was ripped apart by the 'locals'. He later said that "hate kept him alive", but c'mon, Doom is also an adept time traveler. And as Morgana has demonstrated, time traveling can be used to gain one relative immortality (Dark Avengers #2-3.)

-Doom said that he transformed himself molecule by molecule so the MoD couldn't recognize him - but considering all of Doom's abilities/tech, I doubt it would be that hard for him to change the molecules of his body.

-Doom said that he killed a Watcher - but no specifics pertaining to how he did so were ever revealed.

-Lastly, Doom blasted the MoD after he had already been wtfpwned by the F4, and was pathetically weak.

He just wasn't overly impressive in retrospect. Imo.

I disagree on all points above, because what the comics showed were the phenomenal extremes of endurance to which Doom pushed himself in order to create a little gap of a chance by which to destroy (and dethrone) MoD.

Doom grovelled in front of MoD, whether past self or not, he did so for the first time that I can recall in comicdom. He knew that there was no other way of outfoxing an intellect so vast and so beyond his own - remember, even as the "Adept" he was genuine in his role as pupil to MoD, he learned from MoD, he studied him and was given lessons in all manner of things by MoD.

Such a powerful creature wasn't going to be bested by Doom's wits or tech alone, it required sacrifice and to push himself to develop and expand his physical and mental limits.

That is what the survival in the shark infested waters at the dawn of time show, that he was going through an ordeal to learn and to [i]develop[i]. That in coming up with a plan to bring the MoD low, he would develop within himself, the powers that would assure him of a chance to transcend that distance between himself and his master.

I don't believe that a reality warping being who could move abstracts like pawn pieces, would be deceived by simple molecular engineering nor that time travel would present an advantage to Doom against the ever watchful Marquis...

It's Doom's reactions to MoD that should cement just how much of a credible power he was. Doom's never been that taxed or that humble, not in front of Galactus nor even in front of Beyonder (though Beyonder was more powerful, he was also a great deal more naive and guileless).

For the same reasons, I don't particularly see a need to introduce doubt into the narrative Doom lays forth. It wouldn't change the fact that he set MoD against himself (Wyndham) and that he spent thousands of years in the service of MoD, as pupil and aide.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:51 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by 753
Not only that, only clyde could weaken his alternate furture self enough for doom to kill him. Strange gets prep too and he is also a monster with it.

outside of Thanos, I don't think anyone in MU comes close to Doom in prep.
just see what he did to Wakanda, to MoD, to Beyonder ...

Doom's almost as adept in magic as Strange, but far superior in every other realm.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:54 PM

outside of Thanos, I don't think anyone in MU comes close to Doom in prep.
just see what he did to Wakanda, to MoD, to Beyonder ...

Doom's almost as adept in magic as Strange, but far superior in every other realm.

He didnt really do much to MoD, the f4 did. Maybe doom anticipated they'd resort to clyde, but it wasn't his plan or even implemented by him.

Last edited by 753 on May 30th, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:56 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by 753
He didnt really do much to MoD, the f4 did.

They didn't beat MoD, Doom manipulated them all (including MoD) in order to have them all face off and in order that Clyde would deplete MoD and provide the opening needed.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't particularly see a need to introduce doubt into the narrative Doom lays forth.
Without on panel feats to back up his narrative, it will remain just that: narrative.

Having said that, when this new 'version' of Doom actually preforms universal+ level feats, then I will agree that he should be placed on MoD's level. Until then...

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:59 PM
amnesia
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop thinking that strange can take anyone with prep...

Thanks to Steverules 2

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:59 PM
amnesia is currently offline Click here to Send amnesia a Private Message Find more posts by amnesia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

1- Strange
2- Doom
3- Doom stomp

The fact is that Strange is weak (against Doom) because he's only overpowerful in one thing: magic. Strange is a MONSTER when it comes to it, and in an encounter, he would probably massacre Doom (That is why I vote for Strange at 1).

But Doom not only master magic, almost as much as Strange, but he's a master of science too. I'm pretty sure that he would benefit from it with prep. Like, launching a gas attack while casting spells, or something like this.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 11:06 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Galan007
Without on panel feats to back up his narrative, it will remain just that: narrative.

Having said that, when this new 'version' of Doom preforms universal+ level feats, then I will agree that he should be placed on MoD's level. Until then...

It is the only statement of events you will get (unless Marvel decide to revisit that story), so I don't see it as a situation where doubt is of any particular value. It's all about Doom besting the MoD, about Doom's growth and development beyond someone who was like an abstract-level version of himself.

The whole point is that Doom took MoD down by cunning, willpower, magic, technology and humility, that he grew in power by careful study of and study with the Marquis. The levels of power necessary to beat MoD far outstrip all Strange's resources, imo.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 11:07 PM